Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its too fucken hot here!

Load Metric

Its too fucken hot here!

47.9 Celsius is 118 degrees. We broke the record set from the day before. Before that is was like 45 Celsius in 1941.

Its way hot here. I live about 3 hours away from Lytton and it was 44 Celsius (111 degrees) here yesterday. This is NOT a dry heat like Las Vegas, we have a lot of humidity so it feels way hotter. I have been to Las Vegas like 20 times and this is way way worse. Most people (including myself) in Canada do not have AC. We had 24 seniors die in the last 48 hours from the heat in the greater Vancouver area. My bedroom is on the second floor. Yesterday at 11pm it was 33 Celsius (93 degrees). Its fucking gross. Had to sleep on the floor in my living room floor where is was only 30 Celsius (86 degrees). My wife got the couch.

Name:  208732928_1434002950300854_8706635618153399845_n.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  75.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, I've been following this. Surprisied Lytton is the hottest spot in BC, because it's surrounded by mountains, and cold air usually sinks, but something about its location must make it most susceptible to extreme heat in weird heat waves like these.

I passed through it in 2017, but didn't stop there. Portland also set an all time record with 113.

Many don't realize how bad it is for the residents of these places, because most don't have air conditioning, given the typically mild summer weather.

When I traveled through BC in 2017, most of the hotels had no AC. A few of them got hot, but as long as you left the window open and fan running at night, it was fine.

Obviously not the case here.

Load Metric
    Also most of the restaurants closed for a couple days because their AC broke, or if they did not have AC it was too hot for the employees to work in the kitchen. All AC's were sold out everywhere. Lots of people going to hotels for a few days just for the AC. Luckily the heat wave on lasted 3 days. Today was only 35 and tomorrow will be 30.

Load Metric
    You're telling me.

I think Sloppy Joe may have even been praying for Trump to bring water....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post
    47.9 Celsius is 118 degrees. We broke the record set from the day before. Before that is was like 45 Celsius in 1941.

Its way hot here. I live about 3 hours away from Lytton and it was 44 Celsius (111 degrees) here yesterday. This is NOT a dry heat like Las Vegas, we have a lot of humidity so it feels way hotter. I have been to Las Vegas like 20 times and this is way way worse. Most people (including myself) in Canada do not have AC. We had 24 seniors die in the last 48 hours from the heat in the greater Vancouver area. My bedroom is on the second floor. Yesterday at 11pm it was 33 Celsius (93 degrees). Its fucking gross. Had to sleep on the floor in my living room floor where is was only 30 Celsius (86 degrees). My wife got the couch.

It's sickening. I could not sleep so in one night I hopped in the car twice and cranked the air. As soon as you return it's back on.. Today because I couldn't sleep last night I woke up about 2 p.m. and I thought I might die. Possible dehydration, I don't know but I had to hit a restaurant and that helped. Still sweating at this hour. It's crazy. I've experienced 40 degrees in Medicine Hat but everyone has air conditioning. Not so much here. Give me the North Pole any day

Load Metric
    Les living in his car, copy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Almost., The day before, I think, I just filled t up the tank and drove to the west coast, Ucluelet.
    Couple hours drive. Thought I might rent a room, but it’s s packed with tourists. I didn’t even try. I turned around and went back.
    It was worth it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Almost., The day before, I think, I just filled t up the tank and drove to the west coast, Ucluelet.
    Couple hours drive. Thought I might rent a room, but it’s s packed with tourists. I didn’t even try. I turned around and went back.
    It was worth it.
    I've only worn a shirt when public decency has demanded it the last few days....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

It was worth it.
    I've only worn a shirt when public decency has demanded it the last few days....
    you meant a mask i'm sure

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also most of the restaurants closed for a couple days because their AC broke, or if they did not have AC it was too hot for the employees to work in the kitchen. All AC's were sold out everywhere. Lots of people going to hotels for a few days just for the AC. Luckily the heat wave on lasted 3 days. Today was only 35 and tomorrow will be 30.

lytton is closer to the sun than the moon and is known for setting records

i hit three restaurants today that were closed and one place had to because they ran out of supplies due the number of customers the previous two days

Load Metric
    It's insane. I never thought it could get that hot here, fairly close to the coast where I live. In the interior, yes. It feels like Vegas. It only got to 42 where I live but with the humidity the humidex was 50 which is Death Valley shit, 122 F.

My house was built in 2012 but had no AC. It was built ready to install with a concrete pad, electrical supply and furnace connection. I installed an AC a few years ago and man am I glad I did right now.

My dog is getting old and having troubles and has had to go to an animal hospital 45 min away for a few appointments. He had one Monday. Due to Covid they take the dog inside and the owner waits outside. I sat in my car and idled that fucker with the AC on for the whole time. There's a law against idling your car here but with nowhere else to go at that time it's idle or die so fuck the environment.

My kids school was cancelled so we tried an experiment. We left an egg in a pan in the sun in the backyard. In 20 minutes it was overcooked.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    hilarious about this thread is how, it's a Canadian crying about 90+ lmao, they aren't built for the heat.

90+ is the norm here for months straight LOL..

I also do get how infrastructure wise, we are built for the heat too, and you Canadians who we call snowbirds, come flocking down to Florida here, for your winter like Jan-March (snowbird season lol..)

Comments

Matt The Rat: Your an idiot

hongkonger: Schmuck

Load Metric
    Name:  shitmobile.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  41.2 KB

Load Metric
    Thanks Joe Biden!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    hilarious about this thread is how, it's a Canadian crying about 90+ lmao, they aren't built for the heat.

I also do get how infrastructure wise, we are built for the heat too, and you Canadians who we call snowbirds, come flocking down to Florida here, for your winter like Jan-March (snowbird season lol..)
    Listen fuck head, you don't get it. People are literally dying. Good for you and for your 90+ weather for days, your so tough. With the humidity it feels like 52! As I mentioned before I have been to Las Vegas many times and the hottest when I was there was 114. Yes that was very hot and gross. This is much worse. If it was only 90 to 95 degrees nobody would be saying anything or complaining about it.

Name:  Hot.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  320.8 KB

Comments

garrett: Listen 'fuckhead' Vegas isnt REAL heat that is DRY heat. Come to Florida when its 115 and feel some REAL heat, fuckhead

hongkonger: Offset

Load Metric

Listen fuck head, you don't get it. People are literally dying. Good for you and for your 90+ weather for days, your so tough. With the humidity it feels like 52! As I mentioned before I have been to Las Vegas many times and the hottest when I was there was 114. Yes that was very hot and gross. This is much worse. If it was only 90 to 95 degrees nobody would be saying anything or complaining about it.

Matt the Rat just to you know, most would tell you I am far from an idiot

since I have to now get real serious with you here, and prove you're actually the stupid 'fuck head' as you put it above. You are referencing having been to Vegas heat, as if that's hot miserable heat. Vegas is DRY heat Matt the Rat the nice pleasant heat as you seem to talk about as well. Humidity heat, is the real heat no one likes, not the LOL fake 115 OMG Las Vegas is sooo hot, bullshit heat. that isn't 115 degrees Matt. Now let me drag you down here to Florida when it is REALLY 115 degrees outside, and if feels like 130+ Matt the Rat.. So before you go being all smug again, you better know little boy, I am the wrong fucking one, do you got that moron.

You crybaby liberal/Canadian clown STFU...........

Load Metric

since I have to now get real serious with you here, and prove you're actually the stupid 'fuck head' as you put it above. You are referencing having been to Vegas heat, as if that's hot miserable heat. Vegas is DRY heat Matt the Rat the nice pleasant heat as you seem to talk about as well. Humidity heat, is the real heat no one likes, not the LOL fake 115 OMG Las Vegas is sooo hot, bullshit heat. that isn't 115 degrees Matt. Now let me drag you down here to Florida when it is REALLY 115 degrees outside, and if feels like 130+ Matt the Rat.. So before you go being all smug again, you better know little boy, I am the wrong fucking one, do you got that moron.

Yes sir, so sorry Mr. Garrett, please forgive me.

I guess you are the fucking man and nobody else can experience a heatwave because where you live its the worst for heat. My reference to Vegas was yes it gets hot and IS a dry heat but it its not as bad as the temp would indicate. Reread my post.

LOL you calling me a crybaby liberal and a little boy. I can pretty much guarantee I am older than you and not a liberal.
    Last edited by Matt The Rat; 06-30-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Define idiot? The issue garrett is that these weather conditions we've been experiencing are not the norm. Especially living on the west coast, you can usually count on a breeze to make those hot summer days bearable. That's why air conditioning is not something we depend on like you folks. Without air conditioning far fewer people would tolerate your
    conditions.

It goes both ways as well. Not long ago a cold snap left a lot of Texans in an unfamiliar position because their hydro companies could not handle the unexpected load. Plenty of bitching followed but non were Canadian.

You're not built for anything. It's what you're used to. I've heard Druff and the Puerto Rican complain about being outside in 50F weather.

Comments

Matt The Rat: I rarely agree with limitles but he is on point here

Silver
    Load Metric

since I have to now get real serious with you here, and prove you're actually the stupid 'fuck head' as you put it above.

Comments

WillieMcFML: beat me to it

Thread Information