Thread: anyone ever have any ulnar nerve issues?

Load Metric

anyone ever have any ulnar nerve issues?

for about 3 days now, i've had a coming and going slight tingling/numbness on my left arm, really only noticable at the elbow and the pinky. From what I've read, I have two bad habits that could cause this (sleeping in fucked up positions/head on arm...and sitting on a pc for too long, with the weak arm elbow-on-table/hand on chin type deal). Suppose there's slight chances it could be something worse but guessing it's not.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    for about 3 days now, i've had a coming and going slight tingling/numbness on my left arm, really only noticable at the elbow and the pinky. From what I've read, I have two bad habits that could cause this (sleeping in fucked up positions/head on arm...and sitting on a pc for too long, with the weak arm elbow-on-table/hand on chin type deal). Suppose there's slight chances it could be something worse but guessing it's not.

Yes. I experience this issue here and there. It can range from the tingling you describe to sheer, non-stop, agony.

1) pay attention to how you sit at the computer and/or sleep
    2) prop up your elbow with a pad/cushion/pillow
    3) I found those tendinitis wrap things work good, just place it just below your elbow instead of your wrist (snug not tight)
    4) Ice always helps for any type of inflammation
    5) go to a good massage therapist and have them really work your forearms and wrists, you'd be amazed how tight they are (the pain is excrutiating while they are digging at them) but after one or two massages a week for a month I was a lot better off
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

Yea, same here. I find that if I take my hand off the mouse & stretch my elbow every few minutes it helps a lot. Using a pad or towel under your elbow to keep it from getting cold sitting on the desk also seems to help me.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

I had an issue where the nerve was pinched along the underside of the elbow. I didn't have any symptoms until one day I noticed the muscle in the saddle between the thumb and finger was atrophying. Wtf?? I had a nerve test done and located where it was being pinched, then had subsequent surgery to fix it. IMO, if you have an issue with the nerve go have the test done (I forget what this test is called) as it can cause more problems than just "tingling." And btw, once the muscle has wasted, it doesn't recover or grow back--it just doesn't get worse once it's fixed.

Thread Information