Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Booked My First 6 nights for the WSOP

Bronze
    Load Metric

I've Booked My First 6 nights for the WSOP

Even though I am 7 Star with Caesars it appears I am getting royally fucked over this year as I'm getting like only a 10% discount on Caesars rooms vs you normal plebes. For the last 6 years I've had free rooms at any time. So I decided to book this gem as I am a communist

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 5.43.50 PM.png
Views: 547
Size:  675.8 KB

Comments

NickyPipes: Brother I hope you win a braclet
    Last edited by BartHanson; 06-22-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Load Metric
    I’ve stayed at the now indefinitely closed trump hotel in downtown vancouver and it was top notch IMO I’m sure it will be same for you.
    Also good luck at the tables hope you have a successful WSOP ! .
    Big Fan.

Comments

BartHanson: This guy has good taste
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's hilarious.

BTW this probably won't help much, but try using WSOPM code and see if it improves your rates. It made mine worse.

If not using any code, try FLEXLV1, as that's another 5% off at Caesars properties in Vegas. Longtime code.

Load Metric
    Trump Hotel in Las Vegas?

Too small, too expensive and not worth it.

Just like Donald Trump.

Druff recommends that you stay at the Rio.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Just like Donald Trump.

Brother too expensive? Did I read $750 for 5 or 6 nights? Brother, that’s not even one night at where Nick Pipes stays.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Just like Donald Trump.

Brother too expensive? Did I read $750 for 5 or 6 nights? Brother, that’s not even one night at where Nick Pipes stays.
    Where do you stay in Vegas, and do you sun your balls at the pool or do they let you on the roof for privacy?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    WOW thats very disrespectful slobchek

Bronze
    Load Metric

Just like Donald Trump.

I wouldn’t wish my worse enemy to stay at the Rio. I cant believe that Druff still stays there, it’s even bad by cheap jew standards. Maybe I am prissy but I would prefer spending $200 a night in a room that is decently clean vs the free room that Druff would get with jizz stains all over the bed and chairs. But I think he said he was gonna skip the $10k Limit Holdem even because the rooms were too expensive? Thats what I saw as well in fact for the dates of my trip Trump might have been even cheaper. Its laughable how they take a hotel that they otherwise charge $29 a night for (plus $45 resort fees) and jack it up to $200 a night during the WSOP and some people pay it. If you want convenience stay at the Gold Coast next door. Also, now that this year’s tourney is October, many places are walkable now. There are tons of condos at the Palms Place during the series open right now on Air B and B within a 10-15 minute walk to the WSOP convention area.

The Rio used to be a top property in the 90s then when the WSOP started in 2005 it was still mid tier and its literally been on a drastic decline for the past 10 years. It’s the only Caesars property that hasn’t renovated their rooms during that time. It's literally like an episode of the History channel show “Life after People”. Any sane person hasn't stayed there since the mid 2010s

Comments

JeffDime: Agree Golf Coast is the way to go. Rooms are nothing special but clean.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

Just like Donald Trump.

I wouldn’t wish my worse enemy to stay at the Rio. I cant believe that Druff still stays there, it’s even bad by cheap jew standards. Maybe I am prissy but I would prefer spending $200 a night in a room that is decently clean vs the free room that Druff would get with jizz stains all over the bed and chairs. But I think he said he was gonna skip the $10k Limit Holdem even because the rooms were too expensive? Thats what I saw as well in fact for the dates of my trip Trump might have been even cheaper. Its laughable how they take a hotel that they otherwise charge $29 a night for (plus $45 resort fees) and jack it up to $200 a night during the WSOP and some people pay it. If you want convenience stay at the Gold Coast next door. Also, now that this year’s tourney is October, many places are walkable now. There are tons of condos at the Palms Place during the series open right now on Air B and B within a 10-15 minute walk to the WSOP convention area.

The Rio used to be a top property in the 90s then when the WSOP started in 2005 it was still mid tier and its literally been on a drastic decline for the past 10 years. It’s the only Caesars property that hasn’t renovated their rooms during that time. It's literally like an episode of the History channel show “Life after People”. Any sane person hasn't stayed there since the mid 2010s

Yikes, that phone alone says enough but the peek-a-boo bathroom window says get out.

Comments

garrett: "peek-a-boo bathroom window"...... lmfao hilarious Les

Load Metric
    I stayed at the Rio one night last week. Only because they comped me. My room in the Ipanema tower wasn’t bad. Nothing in the hotel is open. No Hash House, poker room, or room service. Food court only open on weekends. Laurel Lounge? Uh, no. Wish I’d paid the $15 and stayed at Harrah’s.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I stayed at the Rio one night last week. Only because they comped me. My room in the Ipanema tower wasn’t bad. Nothing in the hotel is open. No Hash House, poker room, or room service. Food court only open on weekends. Laurel Lounge? Uh, no. Wish I’d paid the $15 and stayed at Harrah’s.
    I'm always up for hearing more ghost town stories of the Rio. What were the food options? Was the Joes Bar and Grill at least open some nights (I think until 9PM)? What about the "sports bar and grille", which I seem to remember that during the heart of the WSOP was the only place in the entire resort that was open for food after 11PM. I'm going to assume that the places that werent open on your stay will never open again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Vegas is "fully open" and everything at the Rio is still closed? LOL

Was the Girl from Ipanema there?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sahara is waiving resort fees today only (July 4 special promotion)

Have not stayed there in years but cant possibly be worse than the RIO at this point.

Offer Code 7NRF4 or go to the "Promotions" tab on the web site.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

Have not stayed there in years but cant possibly be worse than the RIO at this point.

Hold on there, JoeD you just rocked my world for a few seconds because I thought the Sahara had been torn down years ago. It has, this place was the SLS up until just before COVID and apparently they changed their name to Sahara Las Vegas. I stayed at the SLS when it first opened it was mid tier to nice, probably better than any Caesars property besides Caesars Palace. When it opened and they had a Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres restaurant in there, which was quite good. This is 3 steps up from the Rio.

Silver
    Load Metric

Hold on there, JoeD you just rocked my world for a few seconds because I thought the Sahara had been torn down years ago. It has, this place was the SLS up until just before COVID and apparently they changed their name to Sahara Las Vegas. I stayed at the SLS when it first opened it was mid tier to nice, probably better than any Caesars property besides Caesars Palace. When it opened and they had a Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres restaurant in there, which was quite good. This is 3 steps up from the Rio.
    Lol you did just remind me of that name change to the SLS, oops. And I guess now the name change back. Used to go to the Sahara many, many years ago when my dad would pack up the family and drives us out there for vacation.

Resort fees suck so waiving them is always a good thing. I checked out the Goldcoast for the WSOP dates I'm considering and the Goldcoast gives you a total for the trip without any resort fees included. Then there's an asterisk at the bottom that says "$35 resort fee per day charged at the time of checkin."

Load Metric

I ate at the Bazaar Meats and it was excellent but overpriced like most strip stuff. Is it no longer there?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Love the Gold Coast for the WSOP....short walk to the RIO, rooms are ok not great but how often are you in the room.

Pool is shit so Paying any sort of resort fee makes no sense.

Used to have the greatest poker room in the world, if you liked drinking and stomping geezers al LLHE...literally won every session played there....and pounded Coronas like Scotty Nguyen, then this guy says....you know they will give you a shot AND a beer here each time they come around....good god.

Also an easy walk to the palms, if that place still exists....

Load Metric
    Mold Coast was GOD

Load Metric
    Also, you would think a pro lefty podcaster could afford better than Trump.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Oh and the Gold Coast was where I met Tom Grant and he told me that crazy Phil Laak story about Thailand and murder for hire, heroin, and all sorts of hijinks involving Phil. I took a pic of Tom and Phil at the poker expo and watched Phil literally run away from Tom dragging Jennifer Tilly out an employee exit...

I sent the pics to Tom and he created a website about him and Phil

Bill Rini copied part of the site

https://www.billrini.com/2007/08/12/...ponds-sort-of/

Wicked Chops and Bill Rini got a lot of mileage out of the story....and now Bill lives in Thailand...wonspder if he ever met Tom.

It was quite the hubbub back in 2007.
    Last edited by Texter; 07-04-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information