Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going befor the courst. Assault. pfffffff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Different country, thank god, but firing my lawyer was one of the best things I’ve done. As you might imagine the firing came after a couple of choice emails I sent questioning his disappearing act after receiving his retaining fee. He said he had never been treated this way before. He’s not a member here.

This prompted a face to face meeting(shocking) the next day where he whined about the work he had done. That work in total was picking up the crown’s deposition a block from his office. When I then read the deposition it called for the least form of punishment, counselling. This fucker was going to delay the court proceedings for a second month knowing his influence would be nil.

Lawyer jokes go here _________________________
    Delaying makes the authorities think you are willing to go to trial, which they want to avoid...thus perhaps an even better outcome/deal is available if you wait.
    Nope, the crown has all the time in the world. When I went to pick up the deposition it wasn’t ready. In that time, family, friends and a guy at a Costco line-up convinced me to hire a lawyer. Had that deposition been available I would have read that no real “criminal”charge was recommended. I saved myself 6 grand by firing that piece of shit.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That scumbag lawyer even gives lawyers a bad name.

Load Metric

Delaying makes the authorities think you are willing to go to trial, which they want to avoid...thus perhaps an even better outcome/deal is available if you wait.
    Nope, the crown has all the time in the world. When I went to pick up the deposition it wasn’t ready. In that time, family, friends and a guy at a Costco line-up convinced me to hire a lawyer. Had that deposition been available I would have read that no real “criminal” charge was recommended. I saved myself 6 grand by firing that piece of shit.
    Whatever...still possible are civil charges for which an attorney could broker a settlement for you--if as you said the other party stepped up to you threateningly, should it come to civil trial you should prevail provided you win the proof battle too...

at the very least at your criminal hearing plea no-contest instead of guilty, a guilty criminal plea is allowed as evidence in a civil trial....and usually the judge follows the prosecutions recommendation, although he/she may tack on fines or public labor/service.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 06-23-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Nope, the crown has all the time in the world. When I went to pick up the deposition it wasn’t ready. In that time, family, friends and a guy at a Costco line-up convinced me to hire a lawyer. Had that deposition been available I would have read that no real “criminal” charge was recommended. I saved myself 6 grand by firing that piece of shit.
    Whatever...still possible are civil charges for which an attorney could broker a settlement for you--if as you said the other party stepped up to you threateningly, should it come to civil trial you should prevail provided you win the proof battle too...

at the very least at your criminal hearing plea no-contest instead of guilty, a guilty criminal plea is allowed as evidence in a civil trial....and usually the judge follows the prosecutions recommendation, although he/she may tack on fines or public labor/service.
    Appreciate that advice but it looks like “no contest” isn’t a thing in Canada 🇨🇦 unless it’s the Vegas Knights vs. The Canadians

Thread Information