Thread: I bet there will be a swimming competition between Phelps and Lochte before 2025

Bronze
    Load Metric

I bet there will be a swimming competition between Phelps and Lochte before 2025

Title, basically there will be some huge televised sporting event between Phelps and Lochte in the next few years. Not sure what I’d set the over under at for a fair line but this is going to happen! There may also be a couple other swimmers in the competition. Phelps will come out of retirement to do some promo swimming competition to make millions of dollars. Otherwise he will end up like another great olympian and future governor of California. Just kidding Phelps! They will never actually win the recall and you would never do that! Im talking about running over an old lady. There’s a Joe Rogan joke in there somewhere, but I’ll leave it to him to figure out.

Load Metric
    Only way this ever happens is if both get desperate for money.

That's likely not happening for Phelps, best ever. I could see this happening if Phelps wants to help a freind and fellow swimmer out here. Pretty interesting either way.

Swimming is hard to make #gangsta money post Olympic/endorsement stuff, and real life is expensive of course.

Load Metric
    I doubt it.

Michael Phelps can beat anyone on his worst day.

Ryan Lochte is a loser who couldn't even qualify for the Olympics. Phelps would have easily done that without training.

Lochte can still make money if he wants to be the next victim of Floyd Mayweather.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Ryan Lochte is a loser who couldn't even qualify for the Olympics.
    Dude is freakin' 36 years old. That's ancient by competitive swimming standards. He was going up against 22 year-olds. Yes, he falsely claimed he was robbed in Rio, but that had nothing to do with his swimming abilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Lochte

"Lochte's success has earned him SwimSwam's Swammy Award for U.S. Male Swimmer of the Year in 2013, the World Swimmer of the Year Award, and the American Swimmer of the Year Award twice. He has also been named the FINA Swimmer of the Year three times. He has won a total of 90 medals in major international competition (54 gold, 22 silver, and 14 bronze) spanning the Olympics, the World Championships, Pan American Games, and Pan Pacific Championships, including six Olympic gold medals and 39 world championship titles."

Some loser.
    Last edited by David USF; 06-20-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Load Metric
    Any swimmer compared to Michael Phelps looks like a loser.

Someone will win three gold metals in swimming in Japan but when compared to Michael Phelps who won eight in China.

Forget it. Against Phelps they suck.

Load Metric
    LOL at swimming, one of the worst spectator sports there is.

No wonder Michael Phelps started drinking and driving and wanting to hels himself, too many laps of butterfly or whatever (faggot).

Only worthwhile as part of the KO NickyPipes lifestyle, with dingoes in row and great whites to dodge.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    If I remember correctly Lochte has a still-standing world record in an event him and Phelps both competed in (one of the IM's if I remember correctly), and they were generally competitive in the races they both competed in, although Phelps normally rose to the occasion and won in the Olympics.

Regardless, given at best he was only a little slower and how he has maintained training, I would guess Lochte right now a massive favorite against Phelps in an any of the races they were both world class in 10 years ago. Phelps would probably need several months of training to get to a point he was competitive with Lochte, and I doubt any money he was offered to do so would be worth the effort.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Any swimmer compared to Michael Phelps looks like a loser.

Someone will win three gold metals in swimming in Japan but when compared to Michael Phelps who won eight in China.

Forget it. Against Phelps they suck.

How many of those 12 did Lochte win on relays because of Phelps though?

Also:

The two raced in the Olympics in six individual finals, the last of which was the 200 I.M. at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, and five times Lochte finished behind Phelps. The exception was the 400 I.M. at the 2012 Olympics, where Lochte captured the gold and Phelps finished fourth.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Title, basically there will be some huge televised sporting event between Phelps and Lochte in the next few years. Not sure what I’d set the over under at for a fair line but this is going to happen! There may also be a couple other swimmers in the competition. Phelps will come out of retirement to do some promo swimming competition to make millions of dollars. Otherwise he will end up like another great olympian and future governor of California. Just kidding Phelps! They will never actually win the recall and you would never do that! Im talking about running over an old lady. There’s a Joe Rogan joke in there somewhere, but I’ll leave it to him to figure out.
    Swimming is right up there with overweight mentally disabled Americans stuck in a fast food drive through

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Swimming is right up there with overweight mentally disabled Americans stuck in a fast food drive through

Thread Information