Thread: SPORTS! What do you play?

Silver
    Load Metric

SPORTS! What do you play?

Curious how many of you old, and/or fat people still compete in anything physical?

Softball, soccer, kickball, bowling, marathons, etc.

I play softball 2 nights a week on back to back nights, and rotate back and forth between feeling like I'm in my prime (despite being fatter and slower than ever, I make the plays, and hit 2.5x my weight, lol), and just wanting to hang it up after a bad game, feeling sore as hell, and having to sit on it for a few days, or worse, go back the next night for a 9pm game.

Getting back at it after being shut down for the last year and a half with Covid was the best feeling in the world.

Being in California, there was a list of rules, but after the first 5 minutes in week 1, nobody wore a mask or gave a shit.

Hate to use the "it was normal" cliche, but it fucking was, and every guy out there said as much.

I don't want to get political with it, but locking down much of society for a solid year from anything competitive does have unforeseen consequences, and it is hard to argue that society is not at it's softest, most doughy point ever.

Anyone else still going?

Load Metric
    2-7 triple draw only

Load Metric
    I’m still running 1/2 marathons. I train hard, running 3 days a week. I work out in the gym 2 days a week. Throughout the pandemic, I continued to run sans mask, despite getting yelled at by liberal Gringos saying I should run with a mask outside. Fuck Them. We started up with live racing last December (‘cause we live in South Florida bitches) and drank beer with friends right after the race. In March, I ran a PR (Personal Record for you couch potato Gringos). I’m actually racing faster at this distance, as I only started at this distance a few years ago, moving up from 5k and 10k races. My favorite thing to do is to pass young runners (20 somethings) late in the race, crushing their will to continue because, it’s fucking embarrassing to get passed by an old fart. In the last race, I passed some kid during a bridge on mile 11 , while I was eating a sports gel. The kid was totally destroyed by that and slowed to a walk.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    i play with ur sons ass

Comments

OSA: WHAT A SURPRISE DISH, ME TOO

Diamond
    Load Metric
    The sport I play does not have a name yet.

It involves seeing how many HS, preferable college aged boys, I can take my tongue and insert it in their hole or mouth.

There's no time limit or scoring system yet. I am working on that.

Load Metric
    Backgammon & chess and off course pokerz.

Load Metric
    if I could get any of my fat friends out of their houses (scared of covid) we use to play baseball, street hockey and basketball.

I'm a pretty decent bowler, however I haven't been since before the pandemic, I'd like to go again here soon, have to locate my bowling balls somewhere in the basement.

Load Metric
    I golf at least once a week. And coed slow pitch softball once a week as well.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    if I could get any of my fat friends out of their houses (scared of covid) we use to play baseball, street hockey and basketball.

I'm a pretty decent bowler, however I haven't been since before the pandemic, I'd like to go again here soon, have to locate my bowling balls somewhere in the basement.
    I miss basketball, that was my main sport to play. I was a Ben Simmons type player, point-forward type, great playmaker, good D, not a great shooter. 80% of my shots were drives into the paint. Was effective then, not too many great 3-shooters. Game has changed so much now...go by parks and see the kids just launching Curry-like threes. Had to give it up around age 30, knees are just fucked.

I liked street hockey back in the day also, but it was never very popular where I lived. As much as I loved (and still love) baseball I was always garbage at playing it. Moving from LF to CF one little league season cause the CF got hurt was the peak of my baseball progression. Lifetime batting average was probably like .150

At this point, its pretty must just occasional golf for me. Thinking about maybe getting back into tennis...played it a bit as a youngster and found it boring compared to other sports, but now at 40 I see the appeal. Also thought golf was boring as a kid and that changed.
    Last edited by gut; 06-18-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    2-7 triple draw only

Poker is NOT a sport.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Used to play everything. Now just golf.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I've raced motocross since I was 4 years old, I turn 40 years old this year and still haven't given it up. I don't know many people still doing the same thing at 40 they did at 4 but I guess I just don't know how to do anything else.

Thread Information