Thread: '80s pop singer Tiffany melts down at Florida concert

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

'80s pop singer Tiffany melts down at Florida concert

She sounded horrible, then apparently responded to hecklers (which you can't hear) by telling them "fuck you guys, this is MY hit":

Later she posted an apology, where she shows the ability to at least sing a few words well:

https://twitter.com/tiffanytunes/status/1463658762418409472

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Honestly it seemed like she was drunk or on something for that performance.

Notice how coherent she sounds in the apology video, and then compare it to her speech in the concert video. She seems more inebriated than panicky.

In the Tiffany-versus-Debbie-Gibson debate of the '80s, I felt that Debbie had a lot more talent, but Tiffany was a lot more likable and down to earth. Tiffany was also the more attractive of the two. Debbie looks way better today, but it looks like she had a lot of work done.

It's not a surprise that Tiffany fell off thef face of the earth after the '80s. Debbie Gibson, however, I expected to succeed more long term than she actually did. Both are pretty much relegated to notalgia fandom at this point.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wow, it doesn't even look like the same person to me when you compare the first video on your post vs the twitter apology vid.

The first one she looks overweight compared to the others. This really threw me off because if someone just showed me the 1st video without the others and said that is Tiffany, I would have probably told them they were lying and to fuck off.

In any case, im not going to criticize her too much. Im sure she has probably gone through enough shit over the years with her obsessive stalkers and such.

For anyone who doesn't know, there is literally a documentary that was released several years ago titled " I think we're alone now" which highlighted i think it was at least two obsessive "fans" who more or less stalked her and ate and breathed everything Tiffany. I saw it several years ago and don't remember everything about it, but i do remember that it was some pretty cringy ass shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  AB13B061-90AF-471F-93F4-536BDE1B49F3.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  201.7 KB

She had a good run, especially getting that Cruella Deville role

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

Load Metric
    Tiffany did Playboy….advantage Tiffany.

Load Metric
    She’s got an issue. Likely alcohol or pills or something as she’s gained way too much weight for it to be crack or the usual voice destroyers.

I was pretty sure I had seen her a few years ago.

This is her earlier this year and this is her in 2019. She’s gained 50lbs and while she never had a good voice, it’s went to absolute shit. Weird she even has a career where people pay to watch her perform a song that was just a cover. I can’t recall any other hits, but maybe I’m forgetting something

Earlier this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    She actually had a second #1 hit, "Could've Been", which wasn't a cover.

For whatever reason, it has virtually been forgotten, and rarely even appears on 1980s compilations or internet/SiriusXM channels.

Song was actually decent:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It should also be noted that she had kind of a fucked up situation at the peak of her popularity.

In 1988, at the age of 16, it was believed that her mom and stepfather were appropriating her massive earnings at the time, and a big legal battle ensued. Her mom blamed it on her agent, who sued to have control of her career (with Tiffany's blessing). This led to Tiffany suing to become emancipated, a battle which she lost.

She's only a few months older than me, and I can remember what I was like in 1988, and how fucked up it would have probably made me if I had to engage in legal battles with my parents at that age.

There's two sides to every story, but my gut feeling is that her mom probably was reaching into the till too much.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    She actually had a second #1 hit, "Could've Been", which wasn't a cover.

For whatever reason, it has virtually been forgotten, and rarely even appears on 1980s compilations or internet/SiriusXM channels.

Song was actually decent:

There is something familiar about this, but 1987/88 is where the couple years age difference between us is actually a thing. She’s older than you but two years younger than me. I was getting ready to go to college and probably listening to Appetite for Destruction on loop. I certainly remember her, but just that she was a cute redhead playing malls and the one song.

Load Metric
    It should also be noted that she had kind of a fucked up situation at the peak of her popularity.

In 1988, at the age of 16, it was believed that her mom and stepfather were appropriating her massive earnings at the time, and a big legal battle ensued. Her mom blamed it on her agent, who sued to have control of her career (with Tiffany's blessing). This led to Tiffany suing to become emancipated, a battle which she lost.

She's only a few months older than me, and I can remember what I was like in 1988, and how fucked up it would have probably made me if I had to engage in legal battles with my parents at that age.

There's two sides to every story, but my gut feeling is that her mom probably was reaching into the till too much.
    It feels like this happened to half the child stars of the 80s. The constant emancipation legal battles. Reading about it, her mother was a drunk. Ordered to AA during the emancipation trial. So it wouldn’t be surprising if she has an issue.

Her biological father was Lebanese. Would have never guessed that. Don’t see any of that in her. Didn’t see her mothers age listed, but her biological father would be nearing 90 now. Mid 50s in 88. I guess that’s not abnormal, as you’ll be mid 50s if Ben becomes the next Justin Timberlake, but usually those teen stars had youngish parents back then and she was living in an apartment in Norwalk when she hit. Isn’t Norwalk a shithole? I always associate it with a gang area but maybe I have it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Which Norwalk was it?

The one in California was definitely gang infested in the 80s.

I am not familiar with the Connecticut version, though.

Comments

country978: norwalk ct very wealthy town

Load Metric
    Which Norwalk was it?

The one in California was definitely gang infested in the 80s.

I am not familiar with the Connecticut version, though.
    The one by you. LA County. There is one in Ohio, actually an entire area called the firelands up on the lake about 50 miles west of Cleveland. All the towns were named after Connecticut towns as they were meant for Connecticut residents to resettle who had their homes burned by the British in the Revolutionary War. It was the westernmost point of the Connecticut Western Reserve.

I recall stopping on a drive and asked someone why all the towns around that area had the same name as towns in Connecticut and they filled me in on the history.

:themoreyouknow

Comments

country978: thanks bcr i love this stuff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Tiffany did Playboy….advantage Tiffany.
    They both did Playboy but Debbies pictorial was lame….no beav…and super stylized pics. Tiffany’s was more natural and she had a better body.

Thread Information