Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Florida bans teaching Critical Race Theory in its schools

Load Metric
    Another interesting video explaining a key philosophical/ideological basis for Critical Race Theory: The “Intrinsic Oppressors” hypothesis of Marxism.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Another interesting vid by Ryan Chapman.

P.S. Druff, you are gonna like this vid. Because it provides documented evidence provided by two of the most well-known CRT scholars that ideas and conclusions used and generated by CRT has spread beyond legal studies, most notable into the education field.

And mea culpa here by me — the issue of this applied CRT material should be taught to children as gospel has been correctly raised as an issue of concerned parents who oppose the tenets of CRT.

Frankly, as I learn more about this issue, I an coming to believe that the scholars who were interviewed in the media who claimed that CRT was only in the domain of legal studies were being rather disingenuous about the matter. In essence, they were making a distinction between the theorizing and the application of derived materials and ideas from that theorizing that deceptively masks how much this ideology has spread into the US’ K-12 education system. So, yeah. I was wrong to merely parrot those legal scholars claims.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-11-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Here’s an example of a talk about CRT by a high school principal from 5 years ago.

And here’s the Q&A session that speaker participated in.

Load Metric
    Mumbles, the exact teachings of CRT don't matter here.

What matters is that CRT-like lessons are being taught in schools (or planned to be taught), and it's compulsory for the students to agree and parrot it back.

There is no plan anywhere to teach it as part of a curriculum where the other side is presented fairly, and students are left to make up their minds.

It's propaganda, pure and simple.

I will never let my son be exposed to such brainwashing -- at least not until college.
    Where are people required to agree and parrot it back? Do you have solid evidence of this? Was someone given a bad grade for disagreeing?
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 07-11-2021 at 09:01 PM.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Mumbles, the exact teachings of CRT don't matter here.

What matters is that CRT-like lessons are being taught in schools (or planned to be taught), and it's compulsory for the students to agree and parrot it back.

There is no plan anywhere to teach it as part of a curriculum where the other side is presented fairly, and students are left to make up their minds.

It's propaganda, pure and simple.

I will never let my son be exposed to such brainwashing -- at least not until college.
    Where are people required to agree and parrot it back? Do you have solid evidence of this? Was someone given a bad grade for disagreeing?
    Walter, I believe that you know how education at K-12 works on social issues. Pedagogy about such materials is to teach in a socializing manner, much like how tenets of the Christian faith are taught in Christian-oriented schools. So, Druff has a point to object to his kid being exposed to the social pressure of such doctrinal teaching.

On the other hand, I also believe that conservatives are using the “teaching CRT is bad” issue as a means to suppress legitimate discussions of racial prejudice that is endemic in out society. And specifically to use this issue to attack the BLM movement, as well as efforts to educate people about what life is like for many of the systemically underprivileged in out society. See this news article for examples of that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-out-n1273595

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Walter, I believe that you know how education at K-12 works on social issues. Pedagogy about such materials is to teach in a socializing manner, much like how tenets of the Christian faith are taught in Christian-oriented schools. So, Druff has a point to object to his kid being exposed to the social pressure of such doctrinal teaching.

On the other hand, I also believe that conservatives are using the “teaching CRT is bad” issue as a means to suppress legitimate discussions of racial prejudice that is endemic in out society. And specifically to use this issue to attack the BLM movement, as well as efforts to educate people about what life is like for many of the systemically underprivileged in out society. See this news article for examples of that.

Well I know that was has typically been taught in American schools as “fact” is “America overcame its history of treatment of non-whites/women/others and now everyone is equal” which is just as untrue as CRT. As if passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Right Act of 1965 (which has been undone by the Supreme Court) magically solved everything. And that has the effect of making people think everything is fixed and resentful of further attempts to give previously marginalized groups a true seat at the table—this forum is Exhibit A. So introducing some voices from a different point of view is welcome. As I said if they are teaching any of these points of view as “fact” then they’re doing it wrong. Maybe instead of trying to destroy public education as they’ve been trying to do foe the past half century, Republicans should try celebrating and strengthening it.

Anyone have an example of a student who was REQUIRED to accept CRT as “fact” or risk their grade?

Silver
    Load Metric

Are they though?

I think proponents of CRT are the ones suppressing legitimate discussion, pretty much anywhere they butt up against opposition.

You are either with them or against them, there is no room for nuance on that side.

People who reject CRT often understand that NOTHING within CRT will help empower INDIVIDUALS in underprivileged communities on any level, and it often does the opposite. Dragging them back down to the herd, or "you ain't black"

The "systematically underprivileged communities" you speak of have been governed by Democrats for 50 years, yet white supremacy is the true threat to black males in Chicago, Baltimore or Oakland?

There was never less racism in America than 2019. We all know how we got here was troublesome and often violent, but we have made great progress towards equality.

We agreed long ago that people should be treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. CRT rejects this notion. CRT is a joke.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Are they though?

I think proponents of CRT are the ones suppressing legitimate discussion, pretty much anywhere they butt up against opposition.

You are either with them or against them, there is no room for nuance on that side.

People who reject CRT often understand that NOTHING within CRT will help empower INDIVIDUALS in underprivileged communities on any level, and it often does the opposite. Dragging them back down to the herd, or "you ain't black"

The "systematically underprivileged communities" you speak of have been governed by Democrats for 50 years, yet white supremacy is the true threat to black males in Chicago, Baltimore or Oakland?

There was never less racism in America than 2019. We all know how we got here was troublesome and often violent, but we have made great progress towards equality.

We agreed long ago that people should be treated by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. CRT rejects this notion. CRT is a joke.

What is this "other side" that people keep referring to? that there are people who believe that systemic racism (or racism in general) no longer exists? gimme a fucking break, just read some of the threads on this board if you arent sure that racism is alive and kicking. How many black people were at your wedding? How many black people live in your neighborhood? When was the last time you interacted with a black person aside from a service worker? This country is as divided as ever, any person who denies it is denying it for a good reason because they want the status quo to remain not change. Denial of racism is one of the biggest reasons why it continues to exist in the USA

Comments

nightmarefish: Hey smooth brain, just because a country has racist people doesn’t mean the country is racist. Every country in the world has racist people, the USA isn’t special in that regard.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post

Are they though?

What is this "other side" that people keep referring to? that there are people who believe that systemic racism (or racism in general) no longer exists? gimme a fucking break, just read some of the threads on this board if you arent sure that racism is alive and kicking. How many black people were at your wedding? How many black people live in your neighborhood? When was the last time you interacted with a black person aside from a service worker? This country is as divided as ever, any person who denies it is denying it for a good reason because they want the status quo to remain not change. Denial of racism is one of the biggest reasons why it continues to exist in the USA

You're confusing racism with systemic racism (which doesn't exist). And minority races are far more racist than the average white person, it's not even close. If you disagree, you should take a stroll through the south side of Chicago around midnight. There's more hate/racism towards whites than all other races combined.

But to say the country is more racist/divided than ever. Are you retarded or high? Turn off the fuckin TV, you're brainwashed.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: so the people in the country are racist, but the country itself is not. Got it

Load Metric
    The great American author William Faulkner said it best. “The past is not dead. It’s not even past.”

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The great American author William Faulkner said it best. “The past is not dead. It’s not even past.”
    How have you survived is such a racist and oppressive country Walt? You're amazing bro.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post

Are they though?

LM,

Actually, the ideological camps that oppose CRT include both conservatives — who want at least the statis quo or to revert back to a less liberal time in America (e.g. MAGA followers) AND the traditional liberal left — those still are striving to reform and the laws and social conventions to make the US a place of greater equality of opportunity irrespective of one’s racial, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

On the issues of race and racism, I am using the term “traditional liberal left” to characterize those who follow the anti-racism tenet voiced by Martin Luther King, Jr. that he is most famous for:

Name:  F82CB696-459F-4B0D-BC02-228D3515BCE9.jpeg
Views: 145
Size:  51.6 KB

What you may not understand is that CRT calls for people to automatically assume that a “White” person is “racist”, which in the language of CRTers means “supporting the racial status quo”, unless they prove otherwise, while “Non-whites” are automatically assumed to be “non-racist”/against the racial status quo unless they prove otherwise.

And in practice, CRT actual encourages people to derisively labeled as “White/racist” if they are not 100% supportive of equal outcomes among different racial groups. And until that day occurs, America will be considered a “systemically racist” country.

Do you see why this is an issue for many folks other than conservatives? Because I am FOR changing the status quo, because I believe that there ARE areas of both law and social conventions that promote endemic racism, which I previously mistakenly called “systemic” racist.

An example of where racism is endemic but not systemic is when a prima facia race-neutral law, such as recreational drug prohibition, is used by racists AND opportunistic politicians to selectively target urban communities for drug law enforcement in order to win voter support from the mostly Whiten suburban middle class. Or when they are used by actual racists, be they closeted or otherwise, in Southern/rural communities to persecute Blacks in their communities using both selective enforcement and outright-but-not-likely-to-be-detected fraudently policing where they plant drugs or coerce false confessions from others ensnared in their policing actions.

Capiche?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    How have you survived is such a racist and oppressive country Walt? You're amazing bro.
    Obvious stupid remark not worth responding to. The plural of “anecdote” is not “data.”

But I’ll answer anyway. I started with many advantages (except whiteness). Never was poor, went to good schools, had involved parents, etc. My concern is not for myself but for the country in general, for people who have little chance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Would you want the concept of abortion taught to your kids at school by a religious Catholic? Do you think the controversial topic of abortion would get fair treatment, or would the lesson be a one-sided "abortion-is-murder" lecture? I think you know the answer.

Same thing here with CRT-type lessons. Given that most teachers are left wing, there is a high chance these lessons will be taught in an indoctrinational fashion, rather than from a neutral standpoint where both sides of the CRT controversy are explained. I can assure you that most conservatives aren't worried about kids being EXPOSED to CRT-type material, but rather that it will be taught as the undeniable truth.

Many liberals believe conservatives have a secret code where they claim some sort of reasonanble- sounding objection, but what they really mean is that they want to preseve the structure of white supremacy in the US. It's bullshit. I get accused of this crap all the time on social media, whenever I argue from the conservative political standpoint. "You just want to perpetuate the white power structure!!!" It's pathetic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Would you want the concept of abortion taught to your kids at school by a religious Catholic? Do you think the controversial topic of abortion would get fair treatment, or would the lesson be a one-sided "abortion-is-murder" lecture? I think you know the answer.

Same thing here with CRT-type lessons. Given that most teachers are left wing, there is a high chance these lessons will be taught in an indoctrinational fashion, rather than from a neutral standpoint where both sides of the CRT controversy are explained. I can assure you that most conservatives aren't worried about kids being EXPOSED to CRT-type material, but rather that it will be taught as the undeniable truth.

Many liberals believe conservatives have a secret code where they claim some sort of reasonanble- sounding objection, but what they really mean is that they want to preseve the structure of white supremacy in the US. It's bullshit. I get accused of this crap all the time on social media, whenever I argue from the conservative political standpoint. "You just want to perpetuate the white power structure!!!" It's pathetic.
    How many?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Obvious stupid remark not worth responding to. The plural of “anecdote” is not “data.”

But I’ll answer anyway. I started with many advantages (except whiteness). Never was poor, went to good schools, had involved parents, etc. My concern is not for myself but for the country in general, for people who have little chance.
    There’s millions of white trash living in trailer parks all over this country. What advantage do they have over you exactly? You hit the nail on the head, involved parents and not being poor are the advantages that matter. White privilege, come on man. Quit acting like white people are trying to keep black people or any other race down.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

There’s millions of white trash living in trailer parks all over this country. What advantage do they have over you exactly? You hit the nail on the head, involved parents and not being poor are the advantages that matter. White privilege, come on man. Quit acting like white people are trying to keep black people or any other race down.
    Yeah so Walt is basically a self-hating white....except he's a bit tan.

Entire thread is a joke, lets be honest.

Who is white then in our country? Are the Asians, who are dominating everything, white? Are the East-Asian Indians? Are the Saudis...who literally have more privilege then almost ANYONE in this country?

GTFO with this race shit anymore. I thought we solved this like 30 years ago.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Imagine the liberals of the 70's looking at someone like fucking Mumbles today.

ROFL

Fritos dribbling down his beard while spouting "derp derp blacks systemic endemic racism derp derp"
    Last edited by gut; 07-12-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Thread Information