Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Florida bans teaching Critical Race Theory in its schools

Here is a video essay put together by a US college student of a Social Theory class that covered CRT. And judging from the glowing way this essay covers the topic in question, I think we can assume that CRT was positively portrayed in that course.

Comments

splitthis: Stfu
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Here’s another video essay by someone, possibly another college student, who appears to be an advocate of CRT.

To me, what is deeply troubling about how CRT is summarized in these two stills from the video:

Name:  04FB29A1-D401-4865-806E-3A0E97170011.png
Views: 37
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  A5B3D97C-5CCE-4DD9-850B-4C5B1D23DBD9.png
Views: 37
Size:  49.1 KB

Specifically, the notion that race matters in ALL cases decided by the court, and ALL laws in the US are biased against people of color. Not that “some” or “a lot of” cases are decided by race and biased against people of color, but “ALL”. These CRT notions GUARANTEE that the US is “fundamentally” racist in the minds of people who subscribe to CRT. Meaning, there is no hope of making the US not “fundamentally” racist. And no matter how much laws might be reformed to address the eliminate implicit racism or correct the persistent effects of historically racist laws, such as redlining and job descrimination, the US will continue to be a “fundamentally” racist nation.

So, really, why should “White” folks support making any of those reforms other to than to feel good about doing so? Because it won’t materially eliminate any of our “White privilege”, or assauge us from our “White guilt”.

Please, someone tell me how I’m wrong here about CRT and how there is a happy ending re eliminating racism based on following the CRT creed. Please. Anyone?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Meanwhile, my original claim in this thread that the moral panic over the “teaching of CRT in our K-12 schools”
    by conservatives is a ploy to stir up controversy still has merit because it is being used to try to shut down the teaching in K-12 schools the history of actual and ugly racism in the US versus the a friendly-to-Neo-Confederate sanitized version that outright ignores it.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...r-of-the-year/

Also, while I’m grateful for this controversy being raised, as it has spurred me on to learn much about CRT that is truly disturbing to me, the principal actor in recently raising this issue, Christopher Rufo, is utterly disingenuous when confronted with the question of whether or not he is likely to benefit from being seen as a White person when potentially racially profiled, such as by a racist police officer or store clerk. To see this, go to the end of this video of him being interviewed.

Looks like Joe Biden chanced across my criticism of CRT-motivated training in our public K-12 schools in this thread.

Biden admin walks back ties to group pushing critical race theory in schools
    'It was an error' to promote the critical race theory handbook said Biden's Department of Education
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...al-race-theory

Thread Information