This is the correct move. I know the blue states will never follow suit, but there's hope that other red states will also ban it.

Critical Race Theory is not merely the teaching of the history of racism in America. That's obviously something which needs to be taught. Instead, it goes one step further, and teaches children that America is still very racist, and that racism is embedded in all of its systems to put minorities (especially black people) at a disadvantage.

Even if you agree with the conclusions of Critical Race Theory, it shouldn't be taught in public schools, as it's a controversial opinion, rather than fact. Similarly, I would not support the teaching of controversial right wing opinions in the public classroom. For example, I would not approve of teaching "abortion is the murder of the unborn" in public classrooms.

Unfortunately, a lot of people on the woke left feel that teaching Critical Race Theory is "necessary", and that indeed we should be teaching kids controversial left wing opinion as fact. We should not, and this should never have made it into schools in the first place.

Note that Critical Race Theory lessons never allow students to present an alternate point of view, or to argue against it. Instead, it's taught as dogma which must not be challenged, and attempting to do so will earn you a failing grade.