Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida bans teaching Critical Race Theory in its schools

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

huge if true
    sonatard, you are pretty good at marxist propaganda.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    A truth bomb about why conservotards are making a hullabaloo over critical race theory supposedly being taught in K-12 schools in the US.

The right is panicking over critical race theory
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/opini...mer/index.html

The moral panic around critical race theory, an academic legal framework for analyzing structural racism, reached a new level on Glenn Beck's radio show on Monday. Beck, who specializes in dreaming up bogeymen intent on destroying the United States, warned his audience that critical race theory was coming for everything that defines American culture. "Baseball: unwatchable because of critical race," he said, before teasing an upcoming segment on its attacks on another American institution: "Wait until you hear the critical race theory on apple pie that has just come out — it's unbelievable."

Much of the hysteria on the right about critical race theory is unbelievable, but quite a few people believe it all the same. "Critical Race Theory" has become the song of the summer for right-wing media and politicians, the one they're playing on repeat, returning to it when they've got nothing else on tap. And while there's nothing particularly novel about this particular moral panic, it is serving a useful political purpose: arguing about critical race theory shifts the conversation away from the continued consequences of structural racism.

That conversation opens up challenging issues about equity, affirmative action, reparations, and government intervention to dismantle racist systems — all of which face significant opposition from the right — and can only hurt a Republican Party that has grown dependent on the politics of White racial grievance.

We know that because right-wing media have attempted to use critical race theory as a cudgel before. That previous effort, which occurred in 2012 and was ginned up largely by the website Breitbart News, fell flat because it was not tied to a larger debate about racism. Instead, it was part of an effort to damage President Barack Obama during his reelection campaign by tying him to the founder of critical race theory, Derrick Bell.

Critical race theory, though in practice it took many forms, emphasized the centrality of structural racism and the way institutions like the law, while seeming race-neutral, actually upheld and recreated racist practices, policies, and outcomes. That cut against the optimistic narratives about the triumph of 1960s civil rights legislation and national progress, and so tended to be controversial.

Conservative media outlets had argued for years that Obama had been insufficiently vetted before becoming president and regularly suggested that he had a closet full of anti-White skeletons. Having mostly abandoned the attacks on his citizenship after the release of his long-form birth certificate in 2011, they moved on to his school transcripts and his ties to incendiary figures. They had used up their attacks on the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers (a member of the Weather Underground in the 1970s) during the 2008 campaign, so in 2012, they were looking for someone new.

Enter Derrick Bell. In 1991, when Obama was in his final year of law school at Harvard University, Bell organized a protest after the university denied tenure to Regina Austin, a Black professor (at the time, Harvard Law School had only three Black professors and five women professors, and Obama was serving as the Law Review's first Black president). Obama not only supported the protest, but there was also video showing he had — gasp! — hugged Bell.

For some, this video served as evidence of Obama's covert radicalism. It bounced around sites like Fox News and the Daily Signal, and Breitbart flogged the story for months, trying to gain traction. But it ultimately petered out, and the phrase "critical race theory" returned to the relative obscurity of academia and activist philosophizing.

Why didn't the moral panic take hold then? The Bell story broke in early March, a few weeks after Trayvon Martin's murder but a week or two before it had become a national story. The Black Lives Matter movement would not become widely known until 2013, and the 2012 election would be more focused on the Republican "war on women" than a national debate about racism. There was no urgent need on the right to distract from conversations about race.

That changed in the years that followed. But the right-wing backlash against Black Lives Matter did not take the form of opposition to critical race theory, in part because it had little overt connection to education. Nor, at first, did the anger over the New York Times Magazine's 1619 Project, which placed slavery and its aftermath at the center of the story of the United States. It took the mass protests of 2020 over the murder of George Floyd, and the efforts of conservative activists and right-wing media, to spark a real moral panic over critical race theory.

One key figure here was Christopher Rufo, a right-wing activist who carried out a campaign against diversity training in 2020. Rufo, a regular on Fox News, framed diversity training as an extension of critical race theory, a case he made repeatedly on Tucker Carlson's show. And because it was on Fox News, President Donald Trump was watching — and tweeting — about it. The one-two punch of propaganda and the president made attacks on critical race theory a national story, and a right-wing moral panic.

Like any good moral panic, it has spread through both repetition and innovation. Fox News has mentioned "critical race theory" more than 1,300 times since March, according to a study from Media Matters for America. That has turned the words into a kind of catchphrase, a signal to conservative audiences of the New Bad Thing penetrating every part of American life. But it also draws on old, familiar political fights: Battles in the 1990s over the content of history curricula and White angst over everything from "reverse racism" to "Black identity extremism."

And like any good moral panic, its creation was deliberate. As Rufo bragged on Twitter, he and his allies had turned "critical race theory" into a slogan, one that they had inserted "into the public conversation and are steadily driving up negative perceptions. We will eventually turn it toxic, as we put all of the various cultural insanities under that brand category." Given how the phrase now saturates not only right-wing media but state legislation, it's fair to say they have succeeded.

All of this is why it is important to expose that none of this hysteria is not really about critical race theory itself, but about derailing the debate about racial inequality and police brutality that seized the nation with particular force a year ago. The footage of George Floyd's murder was so brutal, the injustice and immorality so clear, that there was no effective political argument against it.

Unable to win the debate about the continuing consequences of racist policies and actions, right-wing activists are now working to sidestep it. Preventing them from doing so is the best way to honor — and continue — last year's protests.

Comments

dwai: structural racism doesn't exist faggot, enough with the alt left propaganda

splitthis: Stupid

mickeycrimm: tldr propaganda anyway
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The conservative propagandist who spearheaded the campaign against “critical race theory being taught in schools”, Christopher Rufo, is DESTROYED by Joy Reid on her show.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  B625E71C-C1E4-4DB2-B81B-C58969BD7C82.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  81.2 KB

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    More proof that Druff ignorantly parroted the rightwing “Criitical race theory is being taught in schools!!!” boogieman propaganda.

Name:  B5A51E7E-EDAF-4FB7-A713-64942DC69416.gif
Views: 254
Size:  414.7 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    At this point the left wing propaganda machine is putting so much effort into pumping "There is no CRT" narrative, I am starting to believe it is actually much more prevalent and serious than I previously thought. We live in a pretty liberal area. I'll definitely try to be more cognizant moving forward what they are teaching my kids.

In other words:

Name:  0356aa519fed2b4968c8e833d879d011.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  14.5 KB

To be fair, my son likes to parrot shit he learns in class and the only "WTF" moment we had last year was when he informed me that he learned some black guy was the first guy to reach the North Pole, but they gave the credit to a white guy because he is white. I mean that is a pretty LOL thing to be teaching 9 year olds, but at this point I should probably be happy if that is as bad as it got.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    At this point the left wing propaganda machine is putting so much effort into pumping "There is no CRT" narrative, I am starting to believe it is actually much more prevalent and serious than I previously thought. We live in a pretty liberal area. I'll definitely try to be more cognizant moving forward what they are teaching my kids.

In other words:

To be fair, my son likes to parrot shit he learns in class and the only "WTF" moment we had last year was when he informed me that he learned some black guy was the first guy to reach the North Pole, but they gave the credit to a white guy because he is white. I mean that is a pretty LOL thing to be teaching 9 year olds, but at this point I should probably be happy if that is as bad as it got.
    For fuck’s sake! The rightwing propagandist who started this campaign intentionally conflated critical race theory with intersectional theory. While coined by the same person, they are different theories.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Name:  B625E71C-C1E4-4DB2-B81B-C58969BD7C82.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  81.2 KB
    OSA and mickeycrimm protest the exclusion of Daddy Bear.

Comments

OSA: yasssss bitch

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Florida is in excellent company in requiring ideologically pure education and in discouraging critical thought. They've learned well from the example set by the masters in the field. DeSantis/Xi 2024.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/29/w...n=World%20News

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

In other words:

And in fact, this is the general Democratic playbook recently. They push something extreme, conservatives react to it, and then they suddenly walk it back, claiming that conservatives misunderstood and are just engaging in political fear-mongering.

The latest trick has been teaching CRT, and then denying it's actually CRT, and pointing out some subtle differences in the school curriculum CRT and the original version of CRT. Then conservatives are accused of panicking over CRT being taught, when it's "not actually happening".

The whole thing is so dishonest.

I'll break it down very simply.

Lessons built around CRT are being taught in some schools in the US, both public and private. These are also being taught in some workplaces.

Conservatives do not want CRT -- or anything similar to it -- being taught in public schools. They are taking steps to prevent it from happening.

The left is attempting to turn this back around on conservatives by claiming that this concern is "dog whistling" and "propaganda".

So okay... I'll ask you this, Mumbles (and anyone else currently criticizing the right for this):

Should CRT or anything resembling CRT be taught in schools?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, remember the "There's very little rioting, the protests are peaceful" narrative from the left last year?

How about "There's no way COVID came from a lab, all the scientists agree, and having a discussion about it is just xenophobic"?

How about "We need to censor news about Hunter Biden's laptop because obviously the story is fake, and we can't allow this to be propagated around social media"?

How about "Andrew Cuomo is doing a great job regarding COVID in New York, and there's no reason to pay attention to that nursing home nonsense being pushed by the right"?

In general, the left's recent playbook has been to make you feel crazy for stating/questioning the obvious. They tell you to sit down, shut up, and follow the narratives they're presenting.

Load Metric
    Also, remember the "There's very little rioting, the protests are peaceful" narrative from the left last year?

How about "There's no way COVID came from a lab, all the scientists agree, and having a discussion about it is just xenophobic"?

How about "We need to censor news about Hunter Biden's laptop because obviously the story is fake, and we can't allow this to be propagated around social media"?

How about "Andrew Cuomo is doing a great job regarding COVID in New York, and there's no reason to pay attention to that nursing home nonsense being pushed by the right"?

In general, the left's recent playbook has been to make you feel crazy for stating/questioning the obvious. They tell you to sit down, shut up, and follow the narratives they're presenting.
    Whuddabout x4.

Just giving no fucks about being nothing but a trigger cuck now.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

also known as gaslighting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Whuddabout x4.

You've become a "whuddabout" bot, to where that's your only response every time something is brought up about your side being idiotic/dishonest.

This isn't even a "whuddabout" because I brought up a criticism of the left (teaching CRT in schools), and people like Mumbles denied it's happening. In response, I explained why it is happening, and I explained similar forms of denial from the left over the past year.

So it wasn't a critcism of the right and my response being, "Yeah, well whuddabout this?"

It was a criticism of the left, where I shut down the idiotic response to it. Nice try, though. Maybe after a few more years seeing how awful Democrat-ruled Portland is, you'll wake up to your own party's terribleness and join our side.

Load Metric
    It's roughly on par with Cultural Marxism. Barely exists in the wild with almost no impact to anybody.

But it's nice that Team Retard has new buzzwords. That way they don't have to do anything remotely productive and can spend all their efforts for virtue signaling to their hearts content.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Whuddabout x4.

You've become a "whuddabout" bot, to where that's your only response every time something is brought up about your side being idiotic/dishonest.

This isn't even a "whuddabout" because I brought up a criticism of the left (teaching CRT in schools), and people like Mumbles denied it's happening. In response, I explained why it is happening, and I explained similar forms of denial from the left over the past year.

So it wasn't a critcism of the right and my response being, "Yeah, well whuddabout this?"

It was a criticism of the left, where I shut down the idiotic response to it. Nice try, though. Maybe after a few more years seeing how awful Democrat-ruled Portland is, you'll wake up to your own party's terribleness and join our side.
    What about ilhan Omar as well?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's amusing when someone agrees with a group or region(Florida) that alines with their thinking on a certain position but ignores the considerable mess that region or group of people are generally known to be.

Hitler loved dogs.

Load Metric

In other words:

And in fact, this is the general Democratic playbook recently. They push something extreme, conservatives react to it, and then they suddenly walk it back, claiming that conservatives misunderstood and are just engaging in political fear
    You dumbass! The “shit” Kalam’s son “parroted” about a Black man being the first to reach the North Pole, but credit for that feat being falsely attributed to a White man for decades is true!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nat...matthew-henson

Name:  F9C73D0E-AA3F-4B16-B615-2923466E2189.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  118.8 KB

Which begs the questions: How come it takes only a quick Google search to find out that Kalam was an ignoramous about what he claimed was “shit”?

Also, Druff, correcting the history that is taught to our kids that has been for so long “White”-washed to hide or discount the role and experiences of non-Whites is NOT critical race theory! But conservotards like you and Kalam seem to think so despite being spoon-fed sufficient evidence to the contrary. Which is why you two earn the “-tard” ending of that descriptor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

And in fact, this is the general Democratic playbook recently. They push something extreme, conservatives react to it, and then they suddenly walk it back, claiming that conservatives misunderstood and are just engaging in political fear
    You dumbass! The “shit” Kalam’s son “parroted” about a Black man being the first to reach the North Pole, but credit for that feat being falsely attributed to a White man for decades is true!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nat...matthew-henson

Name:  F9C73D0E-AA3F-4B16-B615-2923466E2189.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  118.8 KB

Which begs the questions: How come it takes only a quick Google search to find out that Kalam was an ignoramous about what he claimed was “shit”?

Also, Druff, correcting the history that is taught to our kids that has been for so long “White”-washed to hide or discount the role and experiences of non-Whites is NOT critical race theory! But conservotards like Druff and Kalam seem to think so despite being spoon-fed sufficient evidence to the contrary.
    Yep and Ed Hillary taught those Sherpa how to climb a mountain

Crazy heat, library, air conditioned building. Just picked up this book by chance.

Name:  51A30Oj3UgL._SY264_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  7.8 KB

It's all about this fake news fashion and people putting more trust in an anonymous blogger or some ratings nut case than professional journalists.
    Last edited by limitles; 06-30-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, correcting the history that is taught to our kids that has been for so long “White”-washed to hide or discount the role and experiences of non-Whites is NOT critical race theory! But conservotards like you and Kalam seem to think so despite being spoon-fed sufficient evidence to the contrary. Which is why you two earn the “-tard” ending of that descriptor.
    Nobody is asking for them to whitewash history or to avoid teaching the truth.

Teaching correct history is fine.

Teaching left-wing propaganda regarding the current state of affairs in the country is NOT fine.

For example:

"Prior to the 1960s civil rights movement, black people were treated in an unfair and unethical manner in this country, and lacked a lot of basic rights they should have been given." --- OK to teach

"As a result of legalized discrimination in this country through the mid-1960s, some black families are still suffering the effects of this today, even though it's been over 55 years since laws were changed." --- OK to teach

"The existing systems of power in this country are systemically racist, and built to continue quietly oppressing people of color, while maintaining the white power structure. These systems must be torn down and rebuilt in order to achieve much-needed equity." -- NOT OK to teach

See the difference? The first is a historical fact. The second is a well-accepted modern consequence of the first historical fact. The third is a controversial (and in my opinion, untrue) theory about present systems of government.

Now, I'd be fine with the teaching of the third statement if a counter-response from the other side was also taught, and both were given equal weight as being potentially valid. This at least would allow students to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

However, this isn't happening. CRT is being taught as fact and truth in these schools, and students who disagree with it are given failing grades for the unit.

This is not false outrage or a right-wing bogeyman. This is a true and correct assessment of a rapidly evolving situation at the secondary school level, and conservatives are trying to cut off the head before it becomes uncontrollable.

Thread Information