Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get people's pronouns right and what to do if you slip up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How to get people's pronouns right and what to do if you slip up

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/us/ge...rnd/index.html

Sakurai also recommended sharing your own pronouns first, which creates an invitation for others to do the same.

Asking a person directly about their pronouns is also an option, but be mindful of the context and environment that you're in. Is it in front of a large group of people where that person could feel singled out? Is the setting friendly to transgender and non-binary people? If you think the question could make someone uncomfortable, it might be worth having a more private conversation.

Some people might not be "out" as transgender or non-binary in certain settings and might therefore be reluctant to share. Others might be transitioning or coming to terms with their gender identity and the question could bring up painful feelings for them. Be sensitive and use your best judgment.

It might feel a little awkward at first, especially if you're not used to thinking about gender identity as distinct from a person's biological sex. Ultimately though, normalizing the practice of sharing or asking about pronouns helps build a more supportive and inclusive environment for intersex, transgender and non-binary people. It lets those folks know that you see them and respect who they are.

Very important article on CNN.

Can you imagine walking up to a group of people and introducing yourself, then stating, "... and my pronouns are he/him." How fucking awkward and unnatural. Do you libs really do this when you get together?

TEAM FEELINGS SO VERY SENSITIVE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even a lot of the lefty trans people are getting fed up with this mega-woke guilty limousine liberal bullshit.

Natalie Wynn aka "Contrapoints", a left-wing trans YouTuber, wrote a blog last year talking about how it's actually easier to go to bars in the deep south, as people just say "her" and "ma'am" without obsessing over pronouns.

This has happened to me before in hyper woke spaces. Like it's me and a bunch of cis women and we all have to go in a circle saying she-her because I'm there.

There's this paradox where I can go to a sports bar in North Carolina and be miss-ma'amed all night, no question. But in self-consciously trans-inclusive spaces, I have to explain my pronouns and watch woke people awkwardly correct themselves every time they say ‘you guys.’
    https://www.contrapoints.com/transcripts/canceling

TEAM FEELINGS FEELS SO MUCH THOUGH

Load Metric
    I was walking the hounds in the parks and there was this chick doing a survey on peeps in the park. While my doggy was dropping a deuce I overheard 2 questions. The first was are you using the parks more, less, or the same since covid. As the pup squeezed out the last nugget I overheard this dummy ask a young couple which gender they identify with. Oh shit I had to chime in and let bitch know he is male and she is female you liberal sick shit and gtf out of here. People come to get away from you sick weirdos.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Team Feelings PFA Brain Trust is going to insist that this is fringe stuff which doesn't define their party...

... and yet it's being mainstreamed on CNN and in all of their other media spaces.

BUT ITS SUPER FRINGE AND NOT THE NORM OF DEMS, Y'ALL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I was walking the hounds in the parks and there was this chick doing a survey on peeps in the park. While my doggy was dropping a deuce I overheard 2 questions. The first was are you using the parks more, less, or the same since covid. As the pup squeezed out the last nugget I overheard this dummy ask a young couple which gender they identify with. Oh shit I had to chime in and let bitch know he is male and she is female you liberal sick shit and gtf out of here. People come to get away from you sick weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Who cares? Oh, you do. The guy who views every societal change he’s experienced since high school as a personal threat.

Name:  2A162ABF-B094-41E4-A142-D742B8439E4D.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  50.6 KB

Comments

rum dick: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Says the church lady

Load Metric
    Charming Christian behavior that Jesus would be happy with for sure. Love thy neighbor and all.

This probably didnt happen, but love how Team Retard never misses a chance to demonstrate their stability to the world.

Comments

rum dick: 100% did not happen
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So, in Jan 2020 I went to an orientation for the University my daughter was transferring to. The parents were put in a separate room and several upper class students spoke about Campus Life and activities etc. Each of the 10 kids that spoke introduced themselves by saying their names and their preferred pronouns. I was confused, as I had never been exposed to this Liberal Gringo B.S. The parent seated next to me, a truck driver from Connecticut, jokingly asked me, "So, what's your Preferred Pronouns?" I told him ..."Um, I don't know...I guess let's go with 'Dude', "Dude's'.."

All kidding aside, WTF is wrong with you Gringos? There are only 2 sexes (Male and Female). There are only 2 sexual orientations: You either a) Suck Dick or b) do NOT Suck Dick. Everything else is just bullshit.

This Bullshit doesn't exist in Mexico or South America. Also, no Latin person uses the term "LatinX". The only one's that use that term are Liberal Gringos. Carry On!

Comments

rum dick: Neg for not respecting bi people but yeah I'm sure modern college is super confusing to you

MumblesBadly: Come on, rum! “Dude/Dude’s” is a great preferred pronoun set!
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 05-24-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am sure this pronoun stuff will be the norm in 50 years when all of us geezers are dead.

I am too old to adapt to it...been using the standard pronouns too long to change.

I am so old that cis gendered = normal.

Load Metric
    wow the empathy of the Republican party

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    wow the empathy of the Republican party

Not a Republican. Just someone who calls out bullshit when i see it. It just so happens that most of the Bullshit comes from Democrats these days.

Silver
    Load Metric
    not a republican either and think this shit is absolutely ridiculous

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post
    not a republican either and think this shit is absolutely ridiculous

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/us/ge...rnd/index.html

Sakurai also recommended sharing your own pronouns first, which creates an invitation for others to do the same.

Asking a person directly about their pronouns is also an option, but be mindful of the context and environment that you're in. Is it in front of a large group of people where that person could feel singled out? Is the setting friendly to transgender and non-binary people? If you think the question could make someone uncomfortable, it might be worth having a more private conversation.

Some people might not be "out" as transgender or non-binary in certain settings and might therefore be reluctant to share. Others might be transitioning or coming to terms with their gender identity and the question could bring up painful feelings for them. Be sensitive and use your best judgment.

It might feel a little awkward at first, especially if you're not used to thinking about gender identity as distinct from a person's biological sex. Ultimately though, normalizing the practice of sharing or asking about pronouns helps build a more supportive and inclusive environment for intersex, transgender and non-binary people. It lets those folks know that you see them and respect who they are.

Very important article on CNN.

Can you imagine walking up to a group of people and introducing yourself, then stating, "... and my pronouns are he/him." How fucking awkward and unnatural. Do you libs really do this when you get together?

TEAM FEELINGS SO VERY SENSITIVE
    Yeah no. The team sensitive is clearly the religious right wingers and trump cultists who get their panties in a bunch anytime someone has the audacity to act differently in our supposedly free country. The absolute horror of they/them....the horror!!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, in Jan 2020 I went to an orientation for the University my daughter was transferring to. The parents were put in a separate room and several upper class students spoke about Campus Life and activities etc. Each of the 10 kids that spoke introduced themselves by saying their names and their preferred pronouns. I was confused, as I had never been exposed to this Liberal Gringo B.S. The parent seated next to me, a truck driver from Connecticut, jokingly asked me, "So, what's your Preferred Pronouns?" I told him ..."Um, I don't know...I guess let's go with 'Dude', "Dude's'.."

All kidding aside, WTF is wrong with you Gringos? There are only 2 sexes (Male and Female). There are only 2 sexual orientations: You either a) Suck Dick or b) do NOT Suck Dick. Everything else is just bullshit.

This Bullshit doesn't exist in Mexico or South America. Also, no Latin person uses the term "LatinX". The only one's that use that term are Liberal Gringos. Carry On!
    bro, if you don’t like it then go back to where you came from

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I thought this was America where people can do and be whatever they want so long as they don't hurt anybody else. But lookie lookie at the "conservative" party that wraps its ass around the flag every chance it gets and constantly bitches about "muh freedoms" being complete assholes to anyone who doesn't embrace their values. Y'all are so worked up about something that has no impact on your lives. Just live and let be in the land of the free.

Comments

dwai: actually agree with this even though you're trolling

nunbeater: lol he's not trolling dwai you dumbshit this is literally the dem position

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    I thought this was America where people can do and be whatever they want so long as they don't hurt anybody else. But lookie lookie at the "conservative" party that wraps its ass around the flag every chance it gets and constantly bitches about "muh freedoms" being complete assholes to anyone who doesn't embrace their values. Y'all are so worked up about something that has no impact on your lives. Just live and let be in the land of the free.

Also why I don't give a shit about preferred pronouns

Comments

rum dick: It's really not a big deal

Load Metric
    You really showed that girl making $12/hr to do a survey commissioned by the parks department what a bad old bitch you are! Very Christlike. Well done Aunt Lydia.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Praise the Lord!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Very emotional, defensive and effeminate reactions from the usual Gang of Pussies! Druff called it, great stuff!

Thread Information