Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paypal stealing money from poker players like Chris Moneymaker (UPDATE: Federal class action lawsuit filed!)

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Here is some more PayPal bullshit. I have an account that I use only to pay for Facebook ads for my restaurant. I never receive money into this account. I received an email from some random person claiming they sent me $400 in error and to please refund them. Sounded like a scam to me so I ignored it. Then I get an email from PayPal stating a dispute has been filed to get a refund and that the $400 has been frozen. I replied to PayPal that I don’t know who the person is, I never requested any payment, I don’t sell online and if $400 truly was sent it was that persons error. PayPal rules in their favor (which I have no problem with) but then charges me a $15 dispute resolution fee. I don’t want the persons $400 but why should I pay $15 because some idiot sent to me by mistake?
    I believe it is a scam. Did they ask you to send back to the original account or to a different account?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20221213-000944.png
Views: 114
Size:  521.5 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Here is some more PayPal bullshit. I have an account that I use only to pay for Facebook ads for my restaurant. I never receive money into this account. I received an email from some random person claiming they sent me $400 in error and to please refund them. Sounded like a scam to me so I ignored it. Then I get an email from PayPal stating a dispute has been filed to get a refund and that the $400 has been frozen. I replied to PayPal that I don’t know who the person is, I never requested any payment, I don’t sell online and if $400 truly was sent it was that persons error. PayPal rules in their favor (which I have no problem with) but then charges me a $15 dispute resolution fee. I don’t want the persons $400 but why should I pay $15 because some idiot sent to me by mistake?
    I believe it is a scam. Did they ask you to send back to the original account or to a different account?
    I believe you are correct that this sounds like a scam and I originally thought so too. I found the girl who sent the money ok FB and she had a relative with the same name as me. PayPal froze the transaction and refunded her directly.

Thread Information