Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Cmon man hes not going to get anywhere close to that thats crazy talk.
    In 14 GAMES in 2010 he had 72 catches for 972 yards and 9 TD. The only crazy talk is you assuming that over 14% more games that he cant get 3 more catches for 167 LESS yards and 2 LESS TDs?
    Thats 2 years a reality show and a torn acl ago. Not to mention a different team. your starting to sound like a 49er fan with Moss. Theres a reason no one wanted TO last year and 1 team does this year. If hes capable of those type of numbers I would think theyd be lining up for him. If TO stays healthy expect a solid 50 catches 750 yards and 4 tds

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Breaking News - Pete Carroll has announced that Matt Flynn will start the Seahawks first preseason game.

Shocker. I hope its not windy.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenfiftyam View Post
    Breaking News - Pete Carroll has announced that Matt Flynn will start the Seahawks first preseason game.
    LOL u beat me to it.... Just saw this on twitter "@HawkBlogger Ha! Was talking to Flynn while Carroll was apparently telling media he would be the starter. Great news. He is the best qb for the job"
    Pete texted me right before the announcement, we're good like that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Shocker. I hope its not windy.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenfiftyam View Post

This isn't the consensus with people paying close attention. Flynn reps have been increasing and a guy I follow on twitter named the Hawk Blogger. He runs this kinda cheezy website but he is reputable with Seahawks info. He says the QB comp is over and it's Flynn's job. I'm not claiming the guy is gonna be a pro bowler but I have approached his signing very pessimistic and I'm starting to gain a little confidence in him.

I agree that TO will only succeed if the QB whoever it is, is competent though. He is 38 but he has 0 history of off field drama (aside from baby mama drama). He doesn't drink or smoke or party late at night. He is in AMAZING shape. All he does is work sleep and thinks about how cool he is. Someone with that much confidence and physical ability will do as well as anyone imo. His QB just has to stay upright and see him get open.

I'm pretty sure you just lost any credibility you had when you say TO had 0 off field drama. Holy shit....

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Also to be clear I acknowledge his locker room rep and all that, I just considered that a football matter so included it in on field business. Never claimed he was gonna be amazing, just claimed he is unique compared to other WR of the same age. When I said 0 off field drama, more specifically I meant he isn't seen clubbing late at night, shooting up these clubs, selling drugs, beating women or even other men up etc.... If you have an example of otherwise I'd like to see it.

Load Metric
    PC also stated that Russel Wilson will play the 2nd half on Saturday and will be taking 2nd team reps in practice. Jackson's reps will be decreased significantly.

Look for Jackson to get cut unless he is willing to take a significant pay decrease.

Load Metric
    PC also stated that Russel Wilson will play the 2nd half on Saturday and will be taking 2nd team reps in practice. Jackson's reps will be decreased significantly.

Look for Jackson to get cut unless he is willing to take a significant pay decrease.
    As a Vike fan, I laughed my ass off when Seattle signed TJack last year. Of course, he was Bevell's boy (another LOLCoordinator), but I was kinda glad that living in the pacNW I could watch the lulz unfold. He didn't change much. Clueless quarterback, no leadership, really just looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than doing what he's doing.

Load Metric

Cant wait to see Wilson. I'm telling you guys he is going to be good. Hes going to be the guy that sits behind Flynn and he wont say a word, but his teammates will want him to be the guy.

Load Metric
    August

How Much To Get Matt Flynn Back on the Packers?

Posted in 2009,2010 - 2011 Season,2011 - 2012 Season,2012 - 2013 Season,2012 NFL Draft,Aaron Rodgers,B.J. Coleman,Contracts,Free Agency,Graham Harrell,Matt Flynn,Media,NFL Draft,Offensive Players,Quarterbacks,Roster Cuts,Salaries,Salary Cap,Seasons,Ted Thompson,Thomas Hobbes,Trades,Transactions by Thomas Hobbes

Seattle Seahawk QB Matt Flynn

While not exactly Packers news, I don’t think there are many readers of AllGreenBayPackers.com who aren’t at least a little bit interested in one Matt Flynn, who parlayed a couple solid games (including a spectacular week 17 game against Detroit) into a stepping stone to a NFL starting quarterback. Most fans were sad to see Flynn go, who might have been the best backup quarterback in the league, but with the demand for quarterbacks as high as it is in the NFL, many fans were happy with the compensatory pick that Flynn would likely net the Packers.

Fast forward a couple months, and the story is quite different; Flynn was signed to a lucrative contract, but nothing remotely close the deal many were expecting; I was the first to assume that Flynn would get something in the ball park of Kevin Kolb, another backup with lots of potential but not a lot of tape, who had received a 6-year $65 million contract, but Flynn got a 3 year, $19.5 million deal instead.

Also inexplicably, the Seahawks front office has decided the best way for Flynn to get used to his new team is to throw him into a quarterback competition with Tavaris Jackson (who realistically is first trying to make the team) and 3rd round rookie Russell Wilson (also signing Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards makes little sense to me either). To me this means that Seattle isn’t all too confident in Flynn’s abilities, which is understandable considering Flynn played with some of the best offensive talent in the NFL and didn’t play all that much to boot (then again Seattle did pretty well with another Packers backup in a similar situation named Matt Hassellbeck).

With all this in mind, one interesting question is: Could the Packers get Flynn back? While he might not be a starter, I would say that he’s definitely capable of playing at a high enough level to cover for any Aaron Rodgers injuries and probably win a fair share of his games as well.

Here are the specifics of Flynn’s deal:

v Base: 3-year, $19.5 million total
    •$10 million guaranteed (divided into three parts) ◦$6 million signing bonus
    ◦2012 salary ($2 million total)
    ◦$2 million of his 2013 salary ($5.25 million total)

•Additional $5 million of escalators
    •Additional $2 million of “unlikely to be earned” incentives
    •Yearly breakdown ◦2012: $2 million
    ◦2013: $5.25 million
    ◦2014: $6.25 million

So how much would it cost to get Flynn back with the Packers? Since the $6 million composing Flynn’s signing bonus is paid the moment he signs his contract (although technically the new CBA allows teams to divide the signing bonus evenly throughout the length of the contract, so in this case the Seahawks would pay Flynn $2 million for 3 years), the Seahawks are on the hook for $6 million regardless of what happens to Flynn. That means straight off, Flynn’s contract to the Packers is worth $19.5-$6 million = $13.5 million, which comes out to a yearly average of $4.5 million dollars a year.

Another distinction to note is that while Flynn’s 2012 salary is fully guaranteed and around 40% of his salary is guaranteed in 2013, none of Flynn’s contract is guaranteed in 2014 meaning the Packers could cut him without penalty. So really, Flynn would cost the Packers $7.25 million or $3.6 million a year over two years, which is very manageable. Maybe a little expensive for a player who hopefully will never see the field, but to give you a comparison, James Jones makes around that much and he’s anywhere from the 4th to 5th wide receiver on the roster.

So what situation would have to occur in order for Flynn to be traded back to the Packers? First, something catastrophic (like potentially career ending) would probably have to happen with Aaron Rodgers (and then maybe Graham Harrell too), in order for Ted Thompson to be willing to trade the high draft pick in order to get Flynn back (maybe throw in James Jones?). Also, Flynn would also likely have to play relatively poorly in the eyes of the Seahawks staff and get benched in favor of Russell Wilson. I would also assume it would have to be a relatively high draft choice unless Flynn falters so poorly that the Seahawks see him more as dead money.

Will this situation ever occur? I highly doubt it, while desperate Ted Thompson did pull Mark Tauscher out of retirement to play right tackle after the mess with Allen Barbre, Tauscher was a free agent and thus cost the team nothing in terms of draft compensation; most likely any advantage Flynn has in terms of familiarity with the scheme and team is offset by the cost it would take to get him back in Ted Thompson’s mind. Perhaps most importantly, Seattle would likely have to be so enamored with Russell Wilson (which reportedly they are very smitten with the diminutive quarterback) that they would be willing to cut their losses with Flynn at the tune of at least $6 million (plus what ever Flynn’s prorated yearly salary is at the time of the trade)

In my opinion, I don’t think there’s anyway that Flynn doesn’t ends up being the starting quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks for at least this year, being successful as a rookie quarterback is pretty hit or miss, but stranger things have happened. Personally, I hope to see Flynn start against his old team on September 24th when the Packers visit the Seahawks.

Load Metric

Cut his fuckin ass

Load Metric

Cut his fuckin ass

You know that people will pick him in Fantasy Football based solely on name recognition. He's going to take up a roster spot and he's going to suck. Your boys will need all the help they can get.

Holy shit are there a lot of new Colts. We'll see how Luck does in his second game, against a much better Steelers defense, on Sunday evening.

Load Metric
    Is there anything more frustrating in football than dropped balls?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Cut his fuckin ass

You know that people will pick him in Fantasy Football based solely on name recognition. He's going to take up a roster spot and he's going to suck. Your boys will need all the help they can get.

Holy shit are there a lot of new Colts. We'll see how Luck does in his second game, against a much better Steelers defense, on Sunday evening.
    As much as I follow football, I probably couldn't name half of the colts 22 starters. Off the top of my head, luck, brown, wayne, collie, mathis, freeney, angerer....and i'm stumped.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerPrince2 View Post
    Russell Wilson will be starting QB by week 8
    or sooner, Pete is giving Wilson the nod against the Chiefs on Friday.

It's just preseason but he has looked damn impressive.

Load Metric
    Niners win 13 games

Seahawks sounds like gibberish unless it's got something to do with my sweaty in the sun work hat. When I am dealing with the public, it's all Niners all Day.

Respect for Toney tho, rep where you stay and all that.

I'd move personally...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Niners win 13 games

Seahawks sounds like gibberish unless it's got something to do with my sweaty in the sun work hat. When I am dealing with the public, it's all Niners all Day.

I'd move personally...
    Name:  450px-James_Toney2011.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  66.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Niners win 13 games

I'd move personally...

Make sure you count week 1 as a loss

Load Metric
    I tried to tell you guys that Wilson would be the starter if given a fair chance, and hes getting his chance. If he does well I dont know how they can start Flynn over him, but if he bombs then Flynn will be the starter. I'm just hoping we can have our backup qb back, because harrell is fuckin awful.

Load Metric
    Is there anything more frustrating in football than dropped balls?
    Idk, when your quarterback consistently mistakes receivers hands and feet as being the target it can get pretty frustrating. And THEN there is still the issue of dropped balls to boot.

oh, and jamarcus russell, I'd say that abomination (for raiders fans) ranks much higher on the list of frustrating things in football.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Thread Information