Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Owens has always been an athletic freak of nature. I know he did this indoor crap last year, but essentially he has had a full season to rest his body. I dont think his age should be a factor whatsoever. I would be more worried about his head or mindframe going in. He hasnt really been a problem on that front in his last few stops at Buffalo or Cincinnati. I think this is a great signing as it is essentially the league minimum for a HOF WR.

Jerry Rice stats during the 2000 season when he was 38 years old: 16gms 75 rec 805 yards 10.7avg 68 long 7 TD

I think Owens is more then capable of those types of numbers
    Cmon man hes not going to get anywhere close to that thats crazy talk.
    In 14 GAMES in 2010 he had 72 catches for 972 yards and 9 TD. The only crazy talk is you assuming that over 14% more games that he cant get 3 more catches for 167 LESS yards and 2 LESS TDs?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Cmon man hes not going to get anywhere close to that thats crazy talk.
    he got 900+ in less than a full season 2 years ago. What makes you think he can't get close to 800? Especially considering how under average Sea receiving core is
    The only reason he wont is the QB's in Sea. I've heard Flynn looks the worst of the bunch thus far in training camp. TO is a dick but to get him at this price is a steal.. Its only 600k against the cap..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

he got 900+ in less than a full season 2 years ago. What makes you think he can't get close to 800? Especially considering how under average Sea receiving core is
    The only reason he wont is the QB's in Sea. I've heard Flynn looks the worst of the bunch thus far in training camp. TO is a dick but to get him at this price is a steal.. Its only 600k against the cap..
    Someone has to catch passes no matter how bad they suck

Load Metric

Someone has to catch passes no matter how bad they suck
    China I agree with you that this was a good signing...

Load Metric

In 2010 Cincinnati ranked 20th in the league in total offense. The offense was so bad Carson Palmer retired as opposed to returning there. In 2011 Seattle ranked 22nd in the league in passing, and now they have upgraded to Matt Flynn. I dont put much stock into his poor camp showing so far. My point is that I dont really think TO is in any worse of a spot and will put up similar numbers as Rice did at the same age for a new team.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenfiftyam View Post
    FWIW you can't overpay for someone like Flynn because the market dictates his salary in a situation like his. He is the best QB FA on the market (after the manning sweepstakes) and he is young, every NFL team that was interested would have paid very similar numbers. Simply put he is worth what you pay him. Also TO is bleh. Just doesn't matter that much IMO. If the QB is good the receivers will be. It's just the way football works. Did Peyton have HOF receivers in indy? Probably, but did he also throw them every single one of there TDs as a professional? YUP. So he probably has a little something to do with turning out 2 HOF WR, and if this whole neck issue didn't arise he might have turned Dallas Clark into a HOF TE. Russell Wilson I root for but he won't play any this year unless Flynn does really bad and the team isn't winning and it won't be until prob the 10th game or later imo. As a Seahawk fan I just want to see them win and put on a good show doing it. Really don't care who our starting gems end up being.
    They overpaid. They were the market in this case only 1 other team was in the running and they were lowballling him. Then Seattle came along and offered so much he couldnt say no.

Report: Dolphins make low-ball offer to Matt Flynn

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT

Reuters
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins are “low-balling” free agent quarterback Matt Flynn in contract negotiations. The Dolphins’ thinking is apparently that Flynn wants so badly to play for head coach Joe Philbin, his offensive coordinator in Green Bay, that Flynn might be willing to settle for significantly less than market value.

Of course, market value for a quarterback with two career starts is ambiguous. Kevin Kolb signed a reported six-year, $65 million contract with the Cardinals last offseason after seven career starts. And that deal has already been considered for termination.

At the same time, the Dolphins don’t have much leverage. Top free agent target Peyton Manning resisted their overtures, and the quarterback market is otherwise devoid of franchise-caliber signal callers. Flynn is in a better spot, drawing interest from the Seattle Seahawks.

Could the Fins miss out on Peyton Manning, and Matt Flynn, too?

It certainly seems like they’re willing to take that risk.
    They still didn't give him a very huge deal. Here is a quote from the first part of an article on the bleacher report.

"Former Green Bay Packers QB Matt Flynn decided to not wait around for Peyton Manning to choose his new team before picking his new uniform in free agency. Sunday, Flynn signed a three-year, $19 million deal with the Seattle Seahawks.

The important number here is 10, as in $10 million guaranteed, which is a very modest number for a possible starting quarterback. The word possible is chosen carefully as head coach Pete Carroll told CBS Sports Pat Kirwan that Flynn would be in a competition for the starting job with Tarvaris Jackson.

What does this move reveal about the Seahawks' draft plans?"

Full article here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-year-contract

He was paid much less then Kolb and like I said before, he is worth what you pay him.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

This isn't the consensus with people paying close attention. Flynn reps have been increasing and a guy I follow on twitter named the Hawk Blogger. He runs this kinda cheezy website but he is reputable with Seahawks info. He says the QB comp is over and it's Flynn's job. I'm not claiming the guy is gonna be a pro bowler but I have approached his signing very pessimistic and I'm starting to gain a little confidence in him.

I agree that TO will only succeed if the QB whoever it is, is competent though. He is 38 but he has 0 history of off field drama (aside from baby mama drama). He doesn't drink or smoke or party late at night. He is in AMAZING shape. All he does is work sleep and thinks about how cool he is. Someone with that much confidence and physical ability will do as well as anyone imo. His QB just has to stay upright and see him get open.

Load Metric

They overpaid. They were the market in this case only 1 other team was in the running and they were lowballling him. Then Seattle came along and offered so much he couldnt say no.

Report: Dolphins make low-ball offer to Matt Flynn

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT

Reuters
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins are “low-balling” free agent quarterback Matt Flynn in contract negotiations. The Dolphins’ thinking is apparently that Flynn wants so badly to play for head coach Joe Philbin, his offensive coordinator in Green Bay, that Flynn might be willing to settle for significantly less than market value.

Of course, market value for a quarterback with two career starts is ambiguous. Kevin Kolb signed a reported six-year, $65 million contract with the Cardinals last offseason after seven career starts. And that deal has already been considered for termination.

At the same time, the Dolphins don’t have much leverage. Top free agent target Peyton Manning resisted their overtures, and the quarterback market is otherwise devoid of franchise-caliber signal callers. Flynn is in a better spot, drawing interest from the Seattle Seahawks.

Could the Fins miss out on Peyton Manning, and Matt Flynn, too?

It certainly seems like they’re willing to take that risk.
    They still didn't give him a very huge deal. Here is a quote from the first part of an article on the bleacher report.

"Former Green Bay Packers QB Matt Flynn decided to not wait around for Peyton Manning to choose his new team before picking his new uniform in free agency. Sunday, Flynn signed a three-year, $19 million deal with the Seattle Seahawks.

The important number here is 10, as in $10 million guaranteed, which is a very modest number for a possible starting quarterback. The word possible is chosen carefully as head coach Pete Carroll told CBS Sports Pat Kirwan that Flynn would be in a competition for the starting job with Tarvaris Jackson.

He was paid much less then Kolb and like I said before, he is worth what you pay him.
    $6.333 million per season for a starting QB is laughable! I had no idea that deal was so cheap. That only makes the Flynn signing that much better for Seattle.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

$6.333 million per season for a starting QB is laughable! I had no idea that deal was so cheap. That only makes the Flynn signing that much better for Seattle.
    I don't fully understand NFL contracts to be honest but I do understand that because a contract is 19 mil 3 years, doesn't mean that you get 6.333m per year. The guaranteed money is what is important. And he will make 10 million dollars. The rest of that money is the MAXIMUM he can get after collecting bonuses for passing yards TDs starting games etc.... Money he won't collect if he doesn't start due to the inability to reach these stats. So 10 mil for 3 years is the real number you should be paying attention to like the article states. So even BETTER BETTER signing lol.

Load Metric

I don't fully understand NFL contracts to be honest but I do understand that because a contract is 19 mil 3 years, doesn't mean that you get 6.333m per year. The guaranteed money is what is important. And he will make 10 million dollars. The rest of that money is the MAXIMUM he can get after collecting bonuses for passing yards TDs starting games etc.... Money he won't collect if he doesn't start due to the inability to reach these stats. So 10 mil for 3 years is the real number you should be paying attention to like the article states. So even BETTER BETTER signing lol.
    You're a bit off. The 10 million is guaranteed, correct. If they cut him tomorrow they owe him that much. The 19 million total - he will get paid all of that as long as he is on the roster throughout the length of the contract. He has other performance bonuses that could boost him up to 24 million total.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    You're a bit off. The 10 million is guaranteed, correct. If they cut him tomorrow they owe him that much. The 19 million total - he will get paid all of that as long as he is on the roster throughout the length of the contract. He has other performance bonuses that could boost him up to 24 million total.

If he met every single one of the performance bonuses, then $8/million per season for a very good (he would have to perform to get it) NFL QB is so far below market value that its laughable.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I see, so I guess I was kinda wrong, but on the right track. Main point is I would bet that the 3 QBs on Seahawks combined are costing them about as much as Kolb is costing Arizona. So I don't feel like they really over-paid for him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

If he met every single one of the performance bonuses, then $8/million per season for a very good (he would have to perform to get it) NFL QB is so far below market value that its laughable.
    and odds are he won't get the majority of the performance bonuses. Usually only a small amount of those are for health related feats, which are attainable (be on the field for 90% of the teams snaps and etc.), the actual performance ones, usually the biggest $$ ones are almost impossible to hit (super bowl MVP, lead the league in passing yards, and the like.)

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

This isn't the consensus with people paying close attention. Flynn reps have been increasing and a guy I follow on twitter named the Hawk Blogger. He runs this kinda cheezy website but he is reputable with Seahawks info. He says the QB comp is over and it's Flynn's job. I'm not claiming the guy is gonna be a pro bowler but I have approached his signing very pessimistic and I'm starting to gain a little confidence in him.

I agree that TO will only succeed if the QB whoever it is, is competent though. He is 38 but he has 0 history of off field drama (aside from baby mama drama). He doesn't drink or smoke or party late at night. He is in AMAZING shape. All he does is work sleep and thinks about how cool he is. Someone with that much confidence and physical ability will do as well as anyone imo. His QB just has to stay upright and see him get open.
    I don't know where badguy is getting his information. Flynn hasn't looked like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, but he has clearly been the best of the three so far in camp.

Expect PC to whittle the competition down to 2 today or tomorrow and name Flynn as the starter by next Wednesday the 15th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Last week I saw 2 guys report Russel Wilson looked the best but I have no clue who these guys were

Load Metric
    Last week I saw 2 guys report Russel Wilson looked the best but I have no clue who these guys were
    He's looked better than Travaris, who has looked awful. Jackson has zero pocket presence and is unable to handle pressure.

Load Metric
    Breaking News - Pete Carroll has announced that Matt Flynn will start the Seahawks first preseason game.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Breaking News - Pete Carroll has announced that Matt Flynn will start the Seahawks first preseason game.
    LOL u beat me to it.... Just saw this on twitter "@HawkBlogger Ha! Was talking to Flynn while Carroll was apparently telling media he would be the starter. Great news. He is the best qb for the job"

Load Metric
    This is what I heard as well.

Load Metric

I'm pretty sure you just lost any credibility you had when you say TO had 0 off field drama. Holy shit....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Thread Information