Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I didn't think much of this move at first, but after TO busted out a 4.45 40 yard dash today I had to take notice. He still needs to make the team, but it adds nice insurance for Sidney Rice and stiff competition for Golden Tate and Ricardo Lockette for the #2 spot.

It's pretty low risk for the hawks, if he becomes a problem they will cut him and not think twice about it.

For a "player's coach", Pete Carroll has not been shy about laying the banhammer down.

Don't you guys have a dude named Baldwin or something as well who's up and coming?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Banned
    Load Metric
    hey tony just thought id give you an update, verlander just rang up ichiro for the THIRD time tonight. 14 total k's kid, rofl

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    I didn't think much of this move at first, but after TO busted out a 4.45 40 yard dash today I had to take notice. He still needs to make the team, but it adds nice insurance for Sidney Rice and stiff competition for Golden Tate and Ricardo Lockette for the #2 spot.

It's pretty low risk for the hawks, if he becomes a problem they will cut him and not think twice about it.

For a "player's coach", Pete Carroll has not been shy about laying the banhammer down.

Don't you guys have a dude named Baldwin or something as well who's up and coming?
    Doug Baldwin is locked in at flanker, it's the #2 split end position that is up for grabs.

Lewfather, Ichiro is yesterday's snooze.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Doug Baldwin is locked in at flanker, it's the #2 split end position that is up for grabs.

Lewfather, Ichiro is yesterday's snooze.

He has the longest hitting streak ever to start a Yankee career. Just sayin
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...attle-seahawks

Guess the Seahawks decided to go against Hockey Fag's expert advice. Stick to hockey dipshit. Still waiting for those quotes.....dipshit.

Skip Bayless predicts the Seahawks to win the division. Sorry Tony.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Skip Bayless predicts the Seahawks to win the division. Sorry Tony.
    He's due to be right about something one of these days RBC, why not now?

Load Metric

I don't know exactly how the salary cap is calculated, but that million bucks they're scheduled to give TO would be much better spent on someone who isn't 38 years old. Receivers age like whole milk.

"Expecting production from Owens might be a long shot based on recent history. According to ESPN Stats and Information, of the 187 NFL players with at least 20 catches last season, Donald Driver was the only one older than 35. Hines Ward and Tony Gonzalez each had more than 20 catches, but were just 35 last season."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I don't know exactly how the salary cap is calculated, but that million bucks they're scheduled to give TO would be much better spent on someone who isn't 38 years old. Receivers age like whole milk.
    Cap number this year is like 120 mil. TO gets less than 1% of that, and can be cut at any time without any strings attached. There really are no lower risk signings than this, cap-wise.

also, league minimum for a guy with 10+ years is $925K, so they're pretty much paying the absolute minimum.

Pete's gotta be pumped and jacked about this.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 08-06-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Load Metric
    In addition, the hawks still have plenty of cap room available, so the TO signing is a non starter salary cap wise.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    FWIW you can't overpay for someone like Flynn because the market dictates his salary in a situation like his. He is the best QB FA on the market (after the manning sweepstakes) and he is young, every NFL team that was interested would have paid very similar numbers. Simply put he is worth what you pay him. Also TO is bleh. Just doesn't matter that much IMO. If the QB is good the receivers will be. It's just the way football works. Did Peyton have HOF receivers in indy? Probably, but did he also throw them every single one of there TDs as a professional? YUP. So he probably has a little something to do with turning out 2 HOF WR, and if this whole neck issue didn't arise he might have turned Dallas Clark into a HOF TE. Russell Wilson I root for but he won't play any this year unless Flynn does really bad and the team isn't winning and it won't be until prob the 10th game or later imo. As a Seahawk fan I just want to see them win and put on a good show doing it. Really don't care who our starting gems end up being.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenfiftyam View Post
    FWIW you can't overpay for someone like Flynn because the market dictates his salary in a situation like his. He is the best QB FA on the market (after the manning sweepstakes) and he is young, every NFL team that was interested would have paid very similar numbers. Simply put he is worth what you pay him. Also TO is bleh. Just doesn't matter that much IMO. If the QB is good the receivers will be. It's just the way football works. Did Peyton have HOF receivers in indy? Probably, but did he also throw them every single one of there TDs as a professional? YUP. So he probably has a little something to do with turning out 2 HOF WR, and if this whole neck issue didn't arise he might have turned Dallas Clark into a HOF TE. Russell Wilson I root for but he won't play any this year unless Flynn does really bad and the team isn't winning and it won't be until prob the 10th game or later imo. As a Seahawk fan I just want to see them win and put on a good show doing it. Really don't care who our starting gems end up being.
    They overpaid. They were the market in this case only 1 other team was in the running and they were lowballling him. Then Seattle came along and offered so much he couldnt say no.

Report: Dolphins make low-ball offer to Matt Flynn

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT

Reuters
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins are “low-balling” free agent quarterback Matt Flynn in contract negotiations. The Dolphins’ thinking is apparently that Flynn wants so badly to play for head coach Joe Philbin, his offensive coordinator in Green Bay, that Flynn might be willing to settle for significantly less than market value.

Of course, market value for a quarterback with two career starts is ambiguous. Kevin Kolb signed a reported six-year, $65 million contract with the Cardinals last offseason after seven career starts. And that deal has already been considered for termination.

At the same time, the Dolphins don’t have much leverage. Top free agent target Peyton Manning resisted their overtures, and the quarterback market is otherwise devoid of franchise-caliber signal callers. Flynn is in a better spot, drawing interest from the Seattle Seahawks.

Could the Fins miss out on Peyton Manning, and Matt Flynn, too?

It certainly seems like they’re willing to take that risk.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

"Expecting production from Owens might be a long shot based on recent history. According to ESPN Stats and Information, of the 187 NFL players with at least 20 catches last season, Donald Driver was the only one older than 35. Hines Ward and Tony Gonzalez each had more than 20 catches, but were just 35 last season."
    What receiver can they find for a million bucks who can potentially give them the return Owens can?

Owens isn't your typical 38 year old. The guy still looks like a greek god and he just ran a 4.45.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

What receiver can they find for a million bucks who can potentially give them the return Owens can?

Owens isn't your typical 38 year old. The guy still looks like a greek god and he just ran a 4.45.
    I see no downside to picking up TO. He knows this is his last chance so he wont be a locker room problem. Just dont expect him to be great like they are in SF with Moss its not going to happen in either case, but he can be a solid #3 wide out.

Load Metric

I'm more than a little suspicious of that time. We will see how he plays this year. I know he won't be on any of my fantasy teams.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

They overpaid. They were the market in this case only 1 other team was in the running and they were lowballling him. Then Seattle came along and offered so much he couldnt say no.

Report: Dolphins make low-ball offer to Matt Flynn

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT

Reuters
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Miami Dolphins are “low-balling” free agent quarterback Matt Flynn in contract negotiations. The Dolphins’ thinking is apparently that Flynn wants so badly to play for head coach Joe Philbin, his offensive coordinator in Green Bay, that Flynn might be willing to settle for significantly less than market value.

Of course, market value for a quarterback with two career starts is ambiguous. Kevin Kolb signed a reported six-year, $65 million contract with the Cardinals last offseason after seven career starts. And that deal has already been considered for termination.

At the same time, the Dolphins don’t have much leverage. Top free agent target Peyton Manning resisted their overtures, and the quarterback market is otherwise devoid of franchise-caliber signal callers. Flynn is in a better spot, drawing interest from the Seattle Seahawks.

Could the Fins miss out on Peyton Manning, and Matt Flynn, too?

It certainly seems like they’re willing to take that risk.
    Been a Cardinal fan for 40+ years. Their front office has ALWAYS been idiots.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

I'm more than a little suspicious of that time. We will see how he plays this year. I know he won't be on any of my fantasy teams.
    Owens has always been an athletic freak of nature. I know he did this indoor crap last year, but essentially he has had a full season to rest his body. I dont think his age should be a factor whatsoever. I would be more worried about his head or mindframe going in. He hasnt really been a problem on that front in his last few stops at Buffalo or Cincinnati. I think this is a great signing as it is essentially the league minimum for a HOF WR.

Jerry Rice stats during the 2000 season when he was 38 years old: 16gms 75 rec 805 yards 10.7avg 68 long 7 TD

I think Owens is more then capable of those types of numbers
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm not going to target him in Fantasy either, but he could still be a boost to Sea offense. I think if he makes the team he leads them in receiving yards or very close to it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Owens has always been an athletic freak of nature. I know he did this indoor crap last year, but essentially he has had a full season to rest his body. I dont think his age should be a factor whatsoever. I would be more worried about his head or mindframe going in. He hasnt really been a problem on that front in his last few stops at Buffalo or Cincinnati. I think this is a great signing as it is essentially the league minimum for a HOF WR.

Jerry Rice stats during the 2000 season when he was 38 years old: 16gms 75 rec 805 yards 10.7avg 68 long 7 TD

Cmon man hes not going to get anywhere close to that thats crazy talk.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Cmon man hes not going to get anywhere close to that thats crazy talk.
    he got 900+ in less than a full season 2 years ago. What makes you think he can't get close to 800? Especially considering how under average Sea receiving core is

Thread Information