Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerPrince2 View Post

Why would Thompson lock him up when they have Rodgers? No need to play a guy that much money to be a back up. He had a great group of Wideouts in GB and started two games against terrible secondarys. Seattle overpaid and will be burned by it. The only thing that will save them is drafting Wilson in the 3rd round.
    When you have Aaron Rodgers, you don't pay his backup. It's the same way when the hawks got Hasselbeck in 2000.

LOL at Flynn not having a strong arm, he's been zipping the ball down field all week and basically the qb competition is over.

Flynning!
    He doesnt have a strong arm. Thats why he was a 7th round pick. Theres no doubt Flynn will be the opening day starter. I'm not sure how much of his contract is guaranteed, but the money they gave him he will get every opportunity and then some to be the guy. I think he can put up numbers like a Sanchez hes no scrub, but he just doesnt have the arm strength to be a top 10 qb. Think about it he wanted to play for Philbin yet Miami made little effort to sign him. If Philbin loved him that would have never happened. If Philbin believed he was the guy for sure they would have went full blown for him. That doesn't mean Philbins right, but its a pretty good sign. Don't sleep on STL they should be on par with the Seahawks this year. The whole NFC is fuckin loaded.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: You were correct

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

When you have Aaron Rodgers, you don't pay his backup. It's the same way when the hawks got Hasselbeck in 2000.

LOL at Flynn not having a strong arm, he's been zipping the ball down field all week and basically the qb competition is over.

Flynning!
    He doesnt have a strong arm. Thats why he was a 7th round pick..

Two words: Tom. Brady
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Flynning!
    He doesnt have a strong arm. Thats why he was a 7th round pick. Theres no doubt Flynn will be the opening day starter. I'm not sure how much of his contract is guaranteed, but the money they gave him he will get every opportunity and then some to be the guy. I think he can put up numbers like a Sanchez hes no scrub, but he just doesnt have the arm strength to be a top 10 qb. Think about it he wanted to play for Philbin yet Miami made little effort to sign him. If Philbin loved him that would have never happened. If Philbin believed he was the guy for sure they would have went full blown for him. That doesn't mean Philbins right, but its a pretty good sign. Don't sleep on STL they should be on par with the Seahawks this year. The whole NFC is fuckin loaded.
    I hear you Shady, but lot's of QB's have been successful with average arm strength, and most quarterbacks get stronger with age (to a certain point) as well as more confident with letting 'er rip.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

He doesnt have a strong arm. Thats why he was a 7th round pick..

Two words: Tom. Brady
    Im not saying if you get drafted late you have a weak arm. Im saying Flynn had everything you want from a qb except a strong arm. I believe he led LSU to a National Championship. If he had a strong arm he would have been a 1st rounder.

Load Metric
    Flynn's Skills Catch Up With Intangibles

QB Matt Flynn (Jeff Hanisch/USP) By Bill Huber
    packwriter2002@yahoo.com
    Posted Dec 30, 2011

Share on twitterShare on facebook| More Sharing ServicesMore

In 2008, Matt Flynn was practically a seventh-round afterthought behind Aaron Rodgers and Brian Brohm. Thinking back at Flynn's strengths, the ability to throw the ball never crossed offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's mind. The new Flynn figures to be on display on Sunday.

As a sophomore and junior at LSU, Matt Flynn sat on the sideline behind future No. 1 overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell.
    As a senior, Flynn ascended into the starting role and led the Tigers to the national championship. Nonetheless, as a player who scouts thought had more intangible qualities than physical skills, Flynn fell into the seventh round of the 2008 draft, where the Green Bay Packers grabbed him to presumably be the third quarterback behind Aaron Rodgers and that year’s second-round pick, Brian Brohm.

As it turns out, Brohm is long gone and out of the NFL and it’s Flynn who figures to be a coveted player on the free-agent market in a couple months. He’ll try to improve his stock during what could be extended playing time on Sunday against Detroit.

“The word coming out when he was a prospect and getting evaluated was the guy had a ton of leadership ability and was a guy who found a way to win,” offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said on Thursday. “I think early on, you really liked his command in the huddle — that was probably the first thing that jumped out at you. He seemed to have a natural flow with the other players on offense. He was a likeable guy to have as a teammate. That was probably the No. 1 thing that struck me.”

Leadership. Command. Likeable.

All well and good, but no mention of a strong throwing arm or pinpoint accuracy.

Those things would come because he had the work ethic and confidence to make it happen.

“I started one year in college and I didn’t even know if I was going to get drafted, to be honest with you, but I’ve always believed in myself,” Flynn said.

Flynn beat out Brohm to be the No. 2 quarterback as a rookie, and slowly but steadily, his physical skills began to catch up with the intangibles under the tutelage of quarterbacks coach Tom Clements.

“His arm has gotten stronger over the years and it’s probably a function of the work he does in the weight room and refining his techniques,” Clements said. “It’s not always your arm but it’s sometimes getting your upper body and your legs in position. He’s gotten better at that and I’m sure he’s got a little more physical strength. I think it’s those things combined.”

Jordy Nelson, who was part of the Packers’ 2008 draft class, has seen Flynn’s physical improvement on a daily basis.

“He’s developed extremely well,” Nelson said. “His arm’s gotten stronger. He’s obviously learned the playbook. When you come in here as a quarterback, you’re all over the place – as are a lot of rookies -- but they’ve got more to do. They’ve got to deal with protection, run game and passing game. He’s confident, he’s a leader. You saw that a lot last year when we played New England. He stepped in the huddle and was ready to play. He took control of the game and knew what he needed to do.”

Always a strong performer during training camps and preseason games, Flynn impressed during last year’s late-season game at New England. While the Packers lost 31-27, he was superb against one of the game’s all-time defensive minds in Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Flynn completed 24-of-37 passes for 251 yards with three touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 100.2. While the performance opened eyes on a national level, it only served to confirm what the Packers’ coaches had learned.

“He just has a knack of making plays,” Clements said. “If things break down, he’s able to take off. I guess his competitiveness is really the biggest thing that you like about him. He prepares and plays hard. When those two things happen, good results happen.

In limited action this year, Flynn has completed 2-of-5 passes for 38 yards and run for a touchdown. He figures to get a lot more action against the Lions to prove that he’s better now than 54 weeks ago.

“You’d like to think so. I definitely think so,” Flynn said. “Anytime you get experience working with the ones and then going in there and playing when there’s live bullets, being able to prepare all week and get timing with the receivers and get timing with o-line and making your calls and calling the plays in the huddle, it’s just something that people take for granted but it definitely helps and it’s something that I learned from last year.”

While there’s little at stake for the Packers, with homefield advantage secured throughout the NFC playoffs, there’s plenty on the line for Flynn, who’s entering his final weeks under his four-year rookie contract. Riches and a full-time starting position await, but Flynn swears the only thing on his mind is performing well and leading the Packers to a 15th win.

“I don’t think about that,” Flynn said. “I think about going out there and performing well. I think about going out and doing my best and not let there be a drop-off at the position and move the ball and put up points and win the game. That’s what it’s all about. It’s not about individually going out

Load Metric
    Tony, you may want to re-assess your position in this thread.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=402453

This can't be good news for your boys.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

if he can play good news. Guy is one of best wr ever

Load Metric
    Apparently he looked great, and they are trying to sign him.

I think it would be a huge move for the Seahawks. I think TO got a piece of humble pie last year when he realized nobody wanted him. I think he would play and be quiet. Quite like he did in Cinci, as far as I know.

He would open up the field for Rice and the other WR's IMO

That pickup scares me for our bet Tbags
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

Yeah, signing a first ballot hall of famer would be a terrible move. Stick to Hockey dipshit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Yeah, signing a first ballot hall of famer would be a terrible move. Stick to Hockey dipshit.
    You're right. He's a model citizen who's never posed one solitary problem on any team he's been on. Also his statistics haven't been declining steadily to the point that he shouldn't be a starter like every other receiver his age. Even if he wasn't a starter I'm sure he would be a perfect role model & teammate just like he's always been & would never throw anybody under the bus & cause distractions because he's never been known to do that. He's also all about the team & would never put himself above the team.

You're right a perfect signing for the Seahawks or anyone else for that matter.

Name:  ponder.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  53.4 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

You're right. He's a model citizen who's never posed one solitary problem on any team he's been on. Also his statistics haven't been declining steadily to the point that he shouldn't be a starter like every other receiver his age. Even if he wasn't a starter I'm sure he would be a perfect role model & teammate just like he's always been & would never throw anybody under the bus & cause distractions because he's never been known to do that. He's also all about the team & would never put himself above the team.

If you think he's the same TO, you are even dumber than I thought. Plus, what do the Seahawks have to lose? Like I said. Stick to hockey dipshit.

Load Metric
    If you think he's the same TO, you are even dumber than I thought. Plus, what do the Seahawks have to lose? Like I said. Stick to hockey dipshit.
    Only a dipshit would take a good-natured jab @ tony & his team & turn it into an oppurtunity to troll someone. But it is you so I can't say I'm surprised you being a legend & all.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You just strengthened Hockey Guy's argument. lol
    I knew you were a one trick pony.

Load Metric
    Only a dipshit would take a good-natured jab @ tony & his team & turn it into an oppurtunity to troll someone. But it is you so I can't say I'm surprised you being a legend & all.
    Quit posting stupid shit and you won't get trolled, dipshit.

Load Metric

Yes sir. Anything else sir?

Name:  Salute.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  8.4 KB

I'm only here to serve you oh great legend in his own mind.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

Yes sir. Anything else sir?

Name:  Salute.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  8.4 KB

I'm only here to serve you oh great legend in his own mind.
    You could do us all a favor and kill yourself.

Load Metric
    blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
    FYP
    Name:  blah blah.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  6.9 KB

Get a life fuckhead, I mean oh great forum legend.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
    FYP
    Name:  blah blah.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  6.9 KB

Get a life fuckhead, I mean oh great forum legend.
    Where are you getting this legend shit from? I've never once stated that. Find one post where I've said that. Which you won't be able to do, so we'll all know you're a liar, then go kill yourself.
    Last edited by Anal_Hershiser; 08-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Load Metric

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    2010 Cincinnati Bengals 14 11 72 983 13.7 78T 9 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2009 Buffalo Bills 16 16 55 829 15.1 98T 5 6 54 9.0 29T 1 1 0
    2008 Dallas Cowboys 16 16 69 1,052 15.2 75T 10 7 33 4.7 8 0 1 1
    2007 Dallas Cowboys 15 15 81 1,355 16.7 52T 15 1 5 5.0 5 0 -- --

You must be referring to the decline in 2008? LOL...The guy was not a problem at all in Cinci and he's getting older. I think he'll appreciate playing on a competetive team one more time around. It would be fun to see. I take it you didn't pay attention to the last year he played? Maybe Hockey is your thing. Are you Canadian?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I didn't think much of this move at first, but after TO busted out a 4.45 40 yard dash today I had to take notice. He still needs to make the team, but it adds nice insurance for Sidney Rice and stiff competition for Golden Tate and Ricardo Lockette for the #2 spot.

It's pretty low risk for the hawks, if he becomes a problem they will cut him and not think twice about it.

For a "player's coach", Pete Carroll has not been shy about laying the banhammer down.

Thread Information