Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

rofl, totally what he would post if he could.

I don't even know what to say. Even in my most optimistic fever dreams I couldn't have predicted this.

Cmoney is god for laying off this week.
    ty sir. laid off this one and both 49ers/Rams games. It is always nasty within that division no matter how shitty some of the teams may appear.
    willie stole (borrowed) the wormhole

Name:  1bjLVA.St.4.jpeg
Views: 346
Size:  90.7 KB

ty cmoney

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by needless2say View Post
    Seattle just might be this years cinderella story.

First Wilson, a raw rookie QB who wasn't expected to be the starter, throws an interception that is somehow called a touchdown on the last play to beat Green Bay. This turn of events looks like it's going to go a long way to helping them squeak into the playoffs then...

They're called for a bogus, BS penalty(see above gif) that keeps the San Francisco drive alive & looks like SF will score to cue a comeback. They end up holding them & forcing a chip shot field goal which is not only blocked but returned for a TD to basically end the game. I don't remember the last time I saw that happen. I mean, Akers hit the one fucking thing posiible & bounced perfectly to the guy(almost like a pass that hits a receiver in full stride) to run it back for a TD.

Maybe they're a team of destiny. It helps that they are also a very good team with a great home record(should be 1 loss TBH) but it looks like this could be their year.

Of course cmoney is GOD for laying off this after SF walked into Foxboro & kicked ass.

Congrats Tony & enjoy the ride.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needless2say View Post

First Wilson, a raw rookie QB who wasn't expected to be the starter, throws an interception that is somehow called a touchdown on the last play to beat Green Bay. This turn of events looks like it's going to go a long way to helping them squeak into the playoffs then...

They're called for a bogus, BS penalty(see above gif) that keeps the San Francisco drive alive & looks like SF will score to cue a comeback. They end up holding them & forcing a chip shot field goal which is not only blocked but returned for a TD to basically end the game. I don't remember the last time I saw that happen. I mean, Akers hit the one fucking thing posiible & bounced perfectly to the guy(almost like a pass that hits a receiver in full stride) to run it back for a TD.

Maybe they're a team of destiny. It helps that they are also a very good team with a great home record(should be 1 loss TBH) but it looks like this could be their year.

Of course cmoney is GOD for laying off this after SF walked into Foxboro & kicked ass.

Thanks Hockey Guy.

I was furious when the above play happened. Cam Chancellor it Vernon Davis as perfectly as you can with his shoulder pad to the chest. Maybe Anal Hersh remembers but I think flags came in from three different officials on that play. Total horseshit.

Russell Wilson is in the conversation for offensive rookie, Bobby Wagner is in the conversation for defensive rookie, and may win it. Richard Sherman is going to the pro bowl and may get some Defensive Player of the year votes, and both Marshawnn Lynch and Russell Wilson are in the MVP conversation. Awesome.

Load Metric
    I'm sure most of you are aware of it, but theredzone.org is a great place for NFL articles from around the league as it provides a repository for links to local football articles from around the country.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

and both Marshawnn Lynch and Russell Wilson are in the MVP conversation. Awesome.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

and both Marshawnn Lynch and Russell Wilson are in the MVP conversation. Awesome.
    Meaning that when you look at top 10 mvp candidates, they are both listed. They won't win, it will go to AP, Manning or Brady.

Load Metric

Thanks Hockey Guy.

I was furious when the above play happened. Cam Chancellor it Vernon Davis as perfectly as you can with his shoulder pad to the chest. Maybe Anal Hersh remembers but I think flags came in from three different officials on that play. Total horseshit.

Russell Wilson is in the conversation for offensive rookie, Bobby Wagner is in the conversation for defensive rookie, and may win it. Richard Sherman is going to the pro bowl and may get some Defensive Player of the year votes, and both Marshawnn Lynch and Russell Wilson are in the MVP conversation. Awesome.
    Casey Hayward should be the run away def roy. Pff has him the best cb in coverage in all of football. He hasnt had a penalty or given up a td all year. Qb's throwing at him have a 27% rating the next closet is Jennings at 46.8 and Richard Sherman at 48.6. Theres 2 lower then those 2 but they havent had enough snaps to mention, but even then Hayward is 10% lower. He has 6 ints 11 pass defends and 2 missed tackles all year. Just insane numbers.

Going into the draft 2 lbs I wanted GB to take were Wagner and L David and they both are beasts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Thanks Hockey Guy.

Casey Hayward should be the run away def roy. Pff has him the best cb in coverage in all of football. He hasnt had a penalty or given up a td all year. Qb's throwing at him have a 27% rating the next closet is Jennings at 46.8 and Richard Sherman at 48.6. Theres 2 lower then those 2 but they havent had enough snaps to mention, but even then Hayward is 10% lower. He has 6 ints 11 pass defends and 2 missed tackles all year. Just insane numbers.

Going into the draft 2 lbs I wanted GB to take were Wagner and L David and they both are beasts.
    He has better numbers then Sherman in almost every category although their close, so if Sherman gets some def player of the year votes (deservedly) then Hayward should be a unanimous roy.

Load Metric
    Seattle imo has been overrated since they beat the Bears in Chi, and I knew if they beat SF they would be extremely overrated in the media. Then they destroyed cmoneys niners, so let the media storm strike, but just remember barring a SF loss to Zona which theres a better chance of Lederar admitting wrong doing then Seattle has to win on the road.

Let me remind everyone they lost @
    SF
    Miami
    Det
    Zona
    STL

4 bad teams and 1 playoff team. Seattle is playing better now but so are alot of teams. The GB Football Packers have won 9 of the last 10.

Just saying if Seattle was the 1 seed they would have at least a shot, but their not and they might lose Sherman for the playoffs.

Load Metric
    Meaning that when you look at top 10 mvp candidates, they are both listed. They won't win, it will go to AP, Manning or Brady.
    Mannings having a great year no doubt, but he shouldnt be the MVP imo. Numbers wise Rodgers is better in every category except yards. If you werent penalized for sacks in total qbr then Rodgers would be crushing everyone. Not sure how a bad oline should punish you if anything it should make your numbers look better.

Adrian Peterson should be the runaway hands down MVP of the league. The problem with both Manning and AP is everyone is talking about the injuries they cam back from and thats not fair to everyone else involved. Is it amazing what they came back from? Yes it is but that doesnt mean Rodgers or Brady should be penalized for not getting hurt. Like it or not its going to be manning or AP because of their injuries and to me AP should win it easily. People forget that his touches were limited the first few weeks, and he has a chance to break ED's record. Just insane I hope AP wins it, but I wish it could be for what hes done not what hes come back from regardless of how amazing it is.

Load Metric
    Russell Wilson owning Ahmad Brooks twice on the same play last night.

Load Metric
    Kam Chancellor was flagged for unnecessary roughness on this play.

Thoughts?

Load Metric

Thoughts?

Its awful, but he will still be fined. It happened to Nick Perry of GB earlier this year. When the head whips back because of a vicious hit they dont care if its legal or not. Its ok when the refs flag it at full speed, but when the league reviews it sees its a legal hit then fines the guy is just bullshit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Thoughts?
    Its awful, but he will still be fined. It happened to Nick Perry of GB earlier this year. When the head whips back because of a vicious hit they dont care if its legal or not. Its ok when the refs flag it at full speed, but when the league reviews it sees its a legal hit then fines the guy is just bullshit.
    Yup. the league keeps chasing its own tail with this "Violent, but legal hit" scenario. I wonder if a few years down the road they'll just eliminate full-speed hits. Something like "if you have been running for 10 yards untouched and hit with your upper body unto another person its a foul" type deal. Then every game will have scores of 85-81.

Load Metric

Thanks Hockey Guy.

I remember the ref behind the play throwing his flag first, then the other two threw theirs after he threw his. In real time, when I saw it, I was facing both of them and I thought it was a helmet to helmet hit at first. It was obvious on replay, but I can't really fault the refs call. Anytime someones head snaps back like that, they are probably gonna call it. Most of the time they'll be right. Vernon Davis is a beast of a man. Takes some kind of hit to knock a guy like that senseless and out of a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    I remember the ref behind the play throwing his flag first, then the other two threw theirs after he threw his. In real time, when I saw it, I was facing both of them and I thought it was a helmet to helmet hit at first. It was obvious on replay, but I can't really fault the refs call. Anytime someones head snaps back like that, they are probably gonna call it. Most of the time they'll be right. Vernon Davis is a beast of a man. Takes some kind of hit to knock a guy like that senseless and out of a game.
    I agree with all of that.

The penalty was for the defensive player launching himself at the receiver. They have been clear this year that you can't intentionally leave the ground and become a missile, particularly when the other player is either in the air or not looking at you. He doesn't get a lot of height on this play, but he does leave the ground.

They have to protect these players. I don't want to see guys getting permanently disabled by football. That rule protects defensive players too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

The penalty was for the defensive player launching himself at the receiver. They have been clear this year that you can't intentionally leave the ground and become a missile, particularly when the other player is either in the air or not looking at you. He doesn't get a lot of height on this play, but he does leave the ground.

They have to protect these players. I don't want to see guys getting permanently disabled by football. That rule protects defensive players too.
    I agree with both of your sentiments, but Kam doesn't launch, never leaves the ground, and it was a bad call any way you slice it.

I just hope he doesn't get fined as he is still a year way from making real money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

They shouldn't protect the players this hard. Football is a tough sport. They should make them sign shit that says I could be fucked for life.

I don't like the direction offenses are heading. Games are going to routinely hit 60 pts on average at some point

Load Metric

They shouldn't protect the players this hard. Football is a tough sport. They should make them sign shit that says I could be fucked for life.

I don't like the direction offenses are heading. Games are going to routinely hit 60 pts on average at some point
    Agreed this is why the get paid alot of money. Goodell is ruining the game. These guys will be told it was a great play by their coaches, but they get flagged and fined for it. Its even more messed up when its on a qb, because you only have a short window to hit him before he throws the ball, so you have to go full speed, but then when you get to him you cant hit him at full speed if your a beast of an athlete because it will look to violent.

Load Metric
    This is textbook and he got fined for it.

Thread Information