Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    We left after the the Hawks didn't convert the 4th down with two minutes to go. I kept hearing cheering as we walked away from the stadium, and finally we peeked into a bar in pioneer square and saw the final play. It was pandemonium in the streets, people were going apeshit.

It was a bad call, but the seahawks of all teams were fucking due for one of these to go in our favor. Hopefully this will get the real refs back.

Fuck me......I still can't believe we won. I'm fucked up and tired friends.
    That's when I turned the game off. I also turned off the Patriots-Ravens game last night because the Pats were up 9 with just a few minutes left.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    I have never seen anything like that. Pathetic. Fucking replacement refs.
    Green Gay fans were the fucking worst. I mean the fucking balls.

Muck, I hate you today because you're a green bay fan but I'll get over it tomorrow.

Seriously, they were unbelievably obnoxious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    We left after the the Hawks didn't convert the 4th down with two minutes to go. I kept hearing cheering as we walked away from the stadium, and finally we peeked into a bar in pioneer square and saw the final play. It was pandemonium in the streets, people were going apeshit.

It was a bad call, but the seahawks of all teams were fucking due for one of these to go in our favor. Hopefully this will get the real refs back.

Fuck me......I still can't believe we won. I'm fucked up and tired friends.
    You fucking left? Even knowing they had a smothering defense and all their timeouts? Why would anyone leave a one possession game with minutes left? They even fumbled on their first play after Seattle punted. Seattle traffic ain't that bad after a sporting event. What a waste of a ticket.

Banned
    Load Metric
    If you're the sort of person that walks out of a game early or changes the channel because it seems out of hand, you're destined to miss a lot of great comebacks. If you're really loose about doing it, you're almost guaranteed to never see one. I rarely do this, so I've seen some amazing shit as it happened live. McGrady dropping 13 points in the final 31 seconds for the win. Peyton Manning overcoming a 35-14 deficit with 4 minutes to go in regulation. The Music City Miracle. A lot of people, even fans of these teams, had to catch it on Sports Center or read about it in the paper. I would hate to be that guy.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure that officiating crew also did the Pacquiao fight

Load Metric
    Not sure why nobody is talking about the possible Donaghy effect here. Some of these guys probably live very simple lives and the chance to officiate and influence the outcomes of games with big bets could be very enticing. At what point do people start thinking that maybe something more is going on? At least it would fucking make sense. What other explanation is there to see the replay and still call it a TD?

Load Metric
    Whole lot of fail going on in this thread, and I ain't just talkin' about the refs.

You would think anyone that has watched football over the years would know better than to turn off a game when a team is only down by 9, or to leave a stadium while down by less than a TD and only needing a 3 and out to get the ball back with close to a minute left.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Whole lot of fail going on in this thread, and I ain't just talkin' about the refs.

You would think anyone that has watched football over the years would know better than to turn off a game when a team is only down by 9, or to leave a stadium while down by less than a TD and only needing a 3 and out to get the ball back with close to a minute left.
    If I was a Ravens fan, I wouldn't have turned the game off with minutes left. As a general football fan, a good 90% of the time after that situation I would spend a half hour watching very boring football. The other 10% of the time, maybe less, I'll watch the highlights on Sportscenter. It's not a big difference to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Not sure why nobody is talking about the possible Donaghy effect here. Some of these guys probably live very simple lives and the chance to officiate and influence the outcomes of games with big bets could be very enticing. At what point do people start thinking that maybe something more is going on? At least it would fucking make sense. What other explanation is there to see the replay and still call it a TD?
    The replay officials couldn't reverse the call since it was ruled a TD on the field. They cannot determine who had possession, they could only look at whether the ball was caught. They've been talking about that a lot over the last couple hours on ESPN. It's obviously total bullshit, but as the rules stand the replay officials hands were tied.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

If I was a Ravens fan, I wouldn't have turned the game off with minutes left. As a general football fan, a good 90% of the time after that situation I would spend a half hour watching very boring football. The other 10% of the time, maybe less, I'll watch the highlights on Sportscenter. It's not a big difference to me.
    Fair enough. I'm guessing you would also watch if you had some fantasy interests as well.

Load Metric
    The replay officials couldn't reverse the call since it was ruled a TD on the field. They cannot determine who had possession, they could only look at whether the ball was caught. They've been talking about that a lot over the last couple hours on ESPN. It's obviously total bullshit, but as the rules stand the replay officials hands were tied.
    I'm not just talking about that specific play. I'm also talking about any of the other 1000 egregious calls that have been made over the last 3 weeks. I also think being the home team helped immensely. That same play happens at Lambeau, it's an interception.

Load Metric

I'm not just talking about that specific play. I'm talking about any of the other 1000 egregious calls that have been made over the last 3 weeks.
    I agree, it's horrid. The NFL looks incredibly stupid right now. This season has already been tainted in a big way just 3 weeks in because of this bullshit. This will have major playoff implications down the road. It's simply inexcusable.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The sad thing is, we don't really know what's going on with the ref lock out. What's being asked for what is being denied? I mean it's really easy to say fuck Goodell but his hands are also tied down by the owners, hopefully more can be reported about this and can induce some sort of reconcile and get these reg refs back on the field. I mean you telling me they can't come up with some sort of short term 1yr deal just so the nfl's image doesn't continue to be ruined by hs and jr college refs? Fucks sake, how big does someones yacht have to be?!

Load Metric
    I had considered this a couple weeks ago after some ridiculous calls. I wonder if the league had the time & where-with-all to do a proper background check of all these officials. I doubt it. Some of them may very well have some really bad acquaitances or be in dire straights financially. What a great oppurtunity for a blackmailer, or the refs themselves, to fix games. They know they're only there for a certain amount of time.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    The sad thing is, we don't really know what's going on with the ref lock out. What's being asked for what is being denied? I mean it's really easy to say fuck Goodell but his hands are also tied down by the owners, hopefully more can be reported about this and can induce some sort of reconcile and get these reg refs back on the field. I mean you telling me they can't come up with some sort of short term 1yr deal just so the nfl's image doesn't continue to be ruined by hs and jr college refs? Fucks sake, how big does someones yacht have to be?!
    I heard the Refs Rep on NFL Radio on Sirius and was pretty shocked at how petty the NFL is being over this. Granted I was only listening to the Refs side of things, but according to him all they are asking for is the same pay rate, pension and benefits as all other major sports refs in the US. They want to be full time. Most of the NFL refs hold other jobs.

Steve Young put it really well on ESPN earlier... He said you have billionaire owners, millionaire players and they are literally arguing about thousands of dollars. Not billions, not millions... Thousands.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I had considered this a couple weeks ago after some ridiculous calls. I wonder if the league had the time & where-with-all to do a proper background check of all these officials. I doubt it. Some of them may very well have some really bad acquaitances or be in dire straights financially. What a great oppurtunity for a blackmailer, or the refs themselves, to fix games. They know they're only there for a certain amount of time.
    We already know they didn't do background checks.

http://www.inquisitr.com/333172/nfl-...m-saints-game/

You hire a guy from NO with publicly posted pics of him in Saints gear to ref a Saint's game? Ummmmm......ok.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I heard the Refs Rep on NFL Radio on Sirius and was pretty shocked at how petty the NFL is being over this. Granted I was only listening to the Refs side of things, but according to him all they are asking for is the same pay rate, pension and benefits as all other major sports refs in the US. They want to be full time. Most of the NFL refs hold other jobs.

Steve Young put it really well on ESPN earlier... He said you have billionaire owners, millionaire players and they are literally arguing about thousands of dollars. Not billions, not millions... Thousands.
    You think the NFL endorses the Romney ticket?

Load Metric

You hire a guy from NO with publicly posted pics of him in Saints gear to ref a Saint's game? Ummmmm......ok.
    The best line of that article:
    "The league says that the NFL replacement refs go through the same background checks as the locked out officials but it looks like a few details have slipped through the cracks."

What??????? Where the guy lives & his favorite team slipped throught he cracks? I wonder what else "slipped through the cracks"?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric

The best line of that article:
    "The league says that the NFL replacement refs go through the same background checks as the locked out officials but it looks like a few details have slipped through the cracks."

What??????? Where the guy lives & his favorite team slipped throught he cracks? I wonder what else "slipped through the cracks"?
    Certainly hope no Jerry Sandusky's slipped through the crack badumtsh

Load Metric
    You guys are missing the point

The Seahawks made Erin Rodgers their 13th BITCH!!!

Name:  A3nSHSaCQAAwj_g.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  64.0 KB

REMINDS ME OF THIS GUY

Thread Information