Thread: Started watching Anime. Whats good?

Gold
    Load Metric

Started watching Anime. Whats good?

So, Hollywood shows mostly blow right now. It is what it is. Looking for something to watch with the family that isn't completely about leftist identity politics and gave Demon Slayer a shot. Long story short, my 9 year old and wife love it, and I am ok with it. So now looking for recommendations for other stuff, ideally on Netflix but will explore other avenues for a highly recommended show that isn't available there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    So, Hollywood shows mostly blow right now. It is what it is. Looking for something to watch with the family that isn't completely about leftist identity politics and gave Demon Slayer a shot. Long story short, my 9 year old and wife love it, and I am ok with it. So now looking for recommendations for other stuff, ideally on Netflix but will explore other avenues for a highly recommended show that isn't available there.
    The Office. Humour and heart tugs. Anime? That’s crap.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    chip and dale rescue rangers

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    you start drawing again if you know what’s good for you
    Uber pancakes in bed ain’t no good

Load Metric
    Back when I was in nursing school first several months I worked overnight in a group home as a supervisor and had well a fair amount of time to watch tv and managed to get through all of Inuyasha which is about a 1/2 Demon and some other characters from a medieval Japanese timeframe and this gal named Kagome who was a Japanese school girl who traveled back and forth in time from modern Japan to that ancient timeline. I thought it was decent. I believe there’s something like 170 some odd episodes plus a few longer feature length “movies”.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Back when I was in nursing school first several months I worked overnight in a group home as a supervisor and had well a fair amount of time to watch tv and managed to get through all of Inuyasha which is about a 1/2 Demon and some other characters from a medieval Japanese timeframe and this gal named Kagome who was a Japanese school girl who traveled back and forth in time from modern Japan to that ancient timeline. I thought it was decent. I believe there’s something like 170 some odd episodes plus a few longer feature length “movies”.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Updates, we started 2 series on Netflix that we quickly had to bail on.

1. Naruto-- Wife was over it after like 5 minutes, looks and feels too much like a children's cartoon
    2. The Seven Deadly Sins-- I thought this one was actually ok (for me at least), but a little too adult themed for the kid. One of the main characters is a very buxom scantily clad young lady and in the course of 1.5 episodes the main protagonist is just randomly playing with her breasts in a couple different scenes. A little too much for a 9 year old I think.

Anyways, next we tried Black Clover on Adult Swim On Demand and it is pretty solid. Watched 4 episodes so far.

Load Metric
    vampire hunter d, akira, one punch man, and honestly i really thought attack on titan was fucking incredible but it was fucking dark that i eventually caved and stopped watching it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    vampire hunter d, akira, one punch man, and honestly i really thought attack on titan was fucking incredible but it was fucking dark that i eventually caved and stopped watching it.
    Funny to see the “creepy racist in the woods” loves watching children’s cartoons. What other “sick” activities is this “creep” getting into in his “rape den”?

Thread Information