Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Should Tucker Carlson be “Taken” off the Air?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And back to Tucker, as long as he is getting ratings (which he is), and is profitable for Fox News overall, they should keep him.

It's that simple. If we're going to start making the point that networks MUST fire partisan media figures who push misinformation, we will also have to get rid of a lot of the CNN staff.

The only way we'll have reliable news is if there's a public backlash against ALL partisan news -- not just news from the "other" side.

I remember discussing the biases of CNN and MSNBC with a Facebook leftist, who denied there was any kind of unfair bias. "The truth is left-biased," he wrote, and insisted that CNN and MSNBC were indeed totally fair and impartial. Just pure delusion. Until we see real, unbiased news from mainstream sources, we need places like Fox News to counter them, even if outlets like Fox ultimately add to the problem.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Whudda whudda

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And back to Tucker, as long as he is getting ratings (which he is), and is profitable for Fox News overall, they should keep him.

It's that simple. If we're going to start making the point that networks MUST fire partisan media figures who push misinformation, we will also have to get rid of a lot of the CNN staff.

The only way we'll have reliable news is if there's a public backlash against ALL partisan news -- not just news from the "other" side.

I remember discussing the biases of CNN and MSNBC with a Facebook leftist, who denied there was any kind of unfair bias. "The truth is left-biased," he wrote, and insisted that CNN and MSNBC were indeed totally fair and impartial. Just pure delusion. Until we see real, unbiased news from mainstream sources, we need places like Fox News to counter them, even if outlets like Fox ultimately add to the problem.
    I actually agree that you that it is Fox News’ choice on when or whether to take Tucker Carlson off the air. I just use this thread to point out how ridiculous he has become in chasing after the conservotard viewers who now dominate the political rightwing in America. He’s become a joke that isn’t funny.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I support a ticket of Tucker and MTG.
    So you believe in Jewish space lasers?

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I support a ticket of Tucker and MTG.
    So you believe in Jewish space lasers?
    You better believe those sneaky Jews in Palestine already got ‘em.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

You fucking idiots. Tucker has the highest rated show on cable.

And not a peep from you extreme libtard bitches about the woke mob threatening the advertisers because they can't stand being exposed by Tucker.

And you dolts are also stupid enough not to know Carlson is going after House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy for opposing the bi-partisan effort to breakup of the big tech monopoly under anti-trust laws. He's a republican you dumb bitches. It appears McCarthy is beholden to certain big tech lobbyists. If he is then I want the bitch out.

PS: wittle waltie, instead of always calling people names why don't you try putting up some real facts for a change. You never do because you don't have a cogent argument.

You're right. Calling people names is immature and just shows that a person has nothing of substance to say.
    You just made my point for me. Sure, I call names but I also put up facts. You just call names. Like that makes a point. No it doesn’t. It’s an obfuscation by someone without a cogent argument.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So, as Sonatine brings up ad naseum, Fox News has successfully used the defense that everyone knows Tucker is full of shit, so he can't be sued for defamation.

Interestingly (but not surprising at all) MSNBC successfully used the exact same defense when Maddow was sued for pushing the Russia Hoax.

Of course in both cases I think a huge segment of viewers actually believe(d) the bullshit, but that is neither here nor there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    So, as Sonatine brings up ad naseum, Fox News has successfully used the defense that everyone knows Tucker is full of shit, so he can't be sued for defamation.

Interestingly (but not surprising at all) MSNBC successfully used the exact same defense when Maddow was sued for pushing the Russia Hoax.

Of course in both cases I think a huge segment of viewers actually believe(d) the bullshit, but that is neither here nor there.
    Maddow thing was about the phrase "OAN is literal Russian propaganda" or something like that. Out of context most non mouth breathers could deduct that they are either unpaid useful idiots or crafty entrepreneurs making coin out of mouth breathers and that just happens to coincide with Russia's national interests.

Either way it wasn't about what tards refer to as "Russia Hoax".

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you're making their brains hurt

MumblesBadly: “...can *DEDUCE...”

Bronze
    Load Metric

In response to the exchange between Matt Gaetz and four star star general Mark Milley above regarding critical race theory found at 5:35 of the video, Carlson said of the General “He’s not just a pig, he’s stupid.” https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1408216358899183617

There are now mass calls for the insurance company who specializes in covering veterans and active duty service members, USAA, to pull out of advertising for his show.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1408508877826576388

Never thought I would see the day where conservatives would be anti-military.
    Last edited by BartHanson; 06-26-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

In response to the exchange between Matt Gaetz and four star star general Mark Milley above regarding critical race theory found at 5:35 of the video, Carlson said of the General “He’s not just a pig, he’s stupid.” https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1408216358899183617

There are now mass calls for the insurance company who specializes in covering veterans and active duty service members, USAA, to pull out of advertising for his show.

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1408508877826576388

TUCKER CARLSON IS GOD CAUSE HE TILTS GAY FAGGOTS LIKE YOU

Comments

Kuntmissioner: cause for celebration

splitthis:

Gold
    Load Metric

I think you have cause and effect mixed up. What seems to be what is really happening is the military (at least at the top level) is increasingly becoming politicized and anti-conservative, and conservative pundits like Tucker are responding in very predictable fashion to this.

The top military brass pretending that the BLM riots of last summer never happened and simultaneously waging a propaganda campaign against "white supremacy" (which IMO is mostly made up) is actually a pretty big deal, although most people dont realize this because the MSM is downplaying it so much.

Comments

dwai: based

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am worried the left is actually creating the monster they allege to be trying to combat. I am concerned this unrelenting, divisive, racialized propaganda campaign against what basically amounts to the white lower class is fueling resentment and anger, and laying the groundwork for real problems moving forward.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    OH NO COMCAST WON'T SHOW MY PROPAGANDA

SEETHE HARDER BARTHOLOMEW

Comments

splitthis: Barthmew

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

So obviously then, even the largest media organizations can choose what content to allow or not allow on their airwaves/servers/streams. You can stop complaining about Twitter and Facebook banning people now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

So obviously then, even the largest media organizations can choose what content to allow or not allow on their airwaves/servers/streams. You can stop complaining about Twitter and Facebook banning people now.
    not even close to the same thing but nice try

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    If you get most of your information from Tucker Carlson you have a lot of problems.

Tucker got told the truth about himself in a recent encounter in Montana with some guy there while in some of kind of store there.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Why is Tucker Orange? Is he running in 2024 and looking for the Orange tanning goop vote?

Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Hello folks
    Mr. Hanson and Mr. Mumbles respectively
    I'am pretty knowledgeable of the info in the anti vax community and I can assure you Tucker has little to no influence. Not only that but the push to have him removed from the air has absolutely nothing to do with vaccine hesitancy. If the other networks could wave a magic wand and all Tucker's viewers would instantly disappear they'd likely do it.
    One other way to verify this is to look at the number of unvaccinated vs the number of people who tune in to his show, he's a nobody.

I would request you weigh this information in your designation of him as worst person in the world, worthy of being removed from the air, Mr Blood on his Hands.
    You don't have to watch the whole thing, the first few minutes will suffice.

This isn't a one off event, there's many more.
    May i suggest a better title for this thread.
    At what point should Tucker Carlson win a Nobel Peace Prize?

This is the kind of stuff in the anti vax community.
    A message from the great Ben Stein, you can see he gives an update a few days later.
    https://twitter.com/BenStein1944/status/1366868217239511041
    That was then now there's actual deaths and injuries being documented, how many? Nobody knows but there's many. They're leaving it out the context by not mentioning there's been billions of doses administered but there's legit concerns. Clips from Eric Weinstein's podcast frequently make the rounds, he has much more influence than Tucker. YouTube has their thumb on him but he's credible with credible guests with credible concerns.

There's also some credible and scary predictions about the long term side affects but it's not verified and i don't want to spook anyone.

Bye

Comments

shoeshine box: Well done pc..more please. ty

splitthis:

Thread Information