Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid-19 nearly killed me

Load Metric
    Case in point. A long time friend of mine called me said she was thirsty all the time and was having trouble with her vision. I said call your doc and tell him your nurse friend says you have diabetes and must be seen today.

She went in, her aic was 13.7 which correlates to a blood glucose well over 300. He put her on meds.

She called and said I don’t want to be on meds. I said if you are willing to change your life permanently then you won’t have to be on them long.

I put her on a new diet and exercise plan and she is off 3/4 of the meds and her aic is down to 6.7. Her doc said he has never seen that much of an improvement. Why? Because people want to keep doing shitty things to their body and expect the medical community to pill fix them. That doesn’t happen without consequences.

When she loses the other 20 that needs to go she won’t need any meds and won’t suffer the long term effects of diabetes such as heart, kidney, circulatory, ophthalmic, and neuro.

If you are getting older and you live the hotdog on a stick sedentary lifestyle shit is coming for you. Change or suffer it is that simple. You won’t regret it.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Hot dog on a stick

shoeshine box: Bless you for helping..Any Diet ideas for the BIG C...let's hear em..ty.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    GENETIC FAILURE!

Load Metric
    Glad you made it. Stay healthy and keep fading the river.

Load Metric
    hot conspiracy theory:

desertrunner was ftpjesus comaposting.

Comments

ftpjesus: roflmao.. Nah.. DR actually was on here before I went in the hospital.. I didnt even have my phone with me after admission for about 3 weeks afterwards..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    hot conspiracy theory:

desertrunner was ftpjesus comaposting.
    Don’t insult the comatose like this. It’s being ableist.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Based on what I already knew, when tine originally made the some of us are going to die thread, I can’t lie, you’d have been a first round pick just given I knew you had a lot of issues. Based on age, medical history, etc, so would me, tine, Druff, Mumbles. This was before Mickey was posting much and UGA had returned.

When you faded it the first time, I thought there goes one of what I would have chosen for the death pool. Then you circled back and almost scooped the pot on a second attempt. I would have had myself on that list given I legit can’t be intubated in the traditional sense plus just skewing to older posters. . Did you have a positive test or just presumptive diagnosis the first go around? I can’t recall. I know it was super early.

Load Metric
    ftpjesus- Had you taken the vaccine shot(s)?
    PFA POY once

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sposition View Post
    ftpjesus- Had you taken the vaccine shot(s)?
    I will as soon as I can.. Due to being as sick as I was I cant until late June (has to be roughly 3 months after I started getting ill). AZ was doing only 50+ at the time I started to get sick in mid March or so..

Load Metric
    Just wanted to give an update as I’ve been home a month now and obviously been posting here but putting the serious hat on for a moment again.

I’m definitely battling some long haul issues as I’m having issues with occasional low grade temps at times which come on and I feel cruddy headache and achy all over and general exhaustion at times. My voice I suspect maybe permenantly injured as it hasn’t improved any the last month as my voice will fade out and get horse at times. My own mother said she’s had to adjust how she can hear me as my voice is lower and raspy somewhat. (You’d think I was some 2 pack a day smoker some days). It is what it is I guess have to accept it as my new reality. Just taking it day by day is how I approach it because truth is you just never do know what tomorrow holds. Things can derail damn quick.

Hope everybody had a good Memorial Day and whole cookouts and such are great don’t forget why we truly have this holiday.

Comments

gut: keep on keepin on

splitthis: See a quality natural healer

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Jesus Christ hang in there. Terrible to hear. Best man in my wedding had it like you (hospitalized near death, long haul symptoms). He’s finally doing better months after the fact. He says the Pfizer shot helped with his long haul symptoms. Hopefully it can do the same for you.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Glad you're ok

Kind of curious what splitthis has to say about all of this seeing as how this is apparently just a big hoax and all and nobody needs a shot, and just needs to eat more tofu and run 5 miles, or whatever the fuck garbage she spews these days.
    Dude has multiple comorbidities stupid. Vacthine won’t even save him.

Says the walking talking comorbidity

Comments

splitthis: You are stupid

gimmick:

Thread Information