Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 nearly killed me

Load Metric

Covid-19 nearly killed me

Todds already somewhat aware of what was going on but there was a major reason why I disappeared from the forum for nearly 2 months and it was due to my second bout with Covid which nearly made me a death statistic.. I was going to call into the show but unfortunately Im having complications still with my voice which maybe permanent unfortunately..

I started having symptoms probably 3rd week of March or so but figured it would be similar to what Id had the year prior, boy was I so far from being right.. I ended up going to the ER the first time March 27th.. I was already having some difficulty breathing at this point and having significant fevers in the 101-102 range.. Covid test confirmed it pretty quickly. At this point I probably shouldve been admitted then but wasnt (more on this shortly as this decision alone may have been a major contributor to me getting as bad as I was..)

I continued to get sicker the next few days and finally after 18-24 hrs of hitting 103 to as high as 103.6 and being literally as sick as Id ever been in my life ever I called 911 to take me to the ER on March 30th around 2am. (at this point my wife was also sick from it and actually she was sicker then she realized). Anyway I ended up in the ER.. I got Remdesivir and some other meds and was admitted.. Meanwhile hours later my wife also ended up calling 911 after talking to her pulmonary MD and was transported also to the ER and admitted..

What happened next is literally very scattered in my brain so I have had to rely on family and looking at my labs that were in my records.. I ended up having to be intubated within 12hrs of ER arrival and admission.. I was in the ICU for 8 days.. My clotting factors were shot to shit literally with my platelet count dropping to around 50 at one point which my body was showing massive signs of clot breakdowns meaning likely I was literally having a cascade effect of mini clots popping up and being broken down (for those in the medical field or know about labs I had a D-Dimer in excess of 2000). My White blood count dropped as low as 3 as I was burning through them fighting the infection that also resulted in bilateral bacterial pneumonia. My family in Florida was actually preparing for the worst and making some preliminary plans if I died.. (I was on the critical list for 4-5 days). Inspite of it all I beat the odds and was extubated and transfered out of ICU on April 9th..

The next week was also a blur as due to the extended medically induced coma and such created a major issue with reality and what my brain was registering.. At one point I somehow thoguth I was playing somebody heads up for rolls and if I won I got to go home from the hospital only to be smashed back to reality that the RN told me literally if you leave you will die.. I also had some weird persception of some dog (wasnt mine) hoping up on my bed and such (none of it happened).. I did however fall out of bed once trying to foolishly wanting to sit on the couch in my room..

Anyway once I was clear headed I was able to start some PT.. (at this point I had dropped 25lbs in the hospital and majorly weak).. My ability to walk very far was limited to say the least. I progressed but didnt get to go home when I was DCd from the hospital towards the end of April..

I spent 2 additional weeks in a physical rehab facility and just got home a few days ago..

Nearly dying certainly changes ones perspective on life and whats important truly as well as not letting stupid shit get to you.. I consider this a second chance to get shit right that I was sorely not doing so previously... One more thing...

Dont assume this shit cant get you.. Granted I did have some comorbities but mine were under control.. my BP and diabetes numbers had been good.. I did however find out that I got the P1 variant which is particularly nasty and has been killing younger demographics at a higher rate then the original and UK variants.. (forgot to mention my wife was in the hospital a total of a week herself from this crap but never got a sick as me)

Please get your shot(s) if you can and dont have a medical reason not to.. I will add Im also sure that until they improve things this is going to be a yearly booster needed situation because I got sick the first time almost a year to the day I had the second time (actually 2 weeks) and I obviously had no immunity to the second illness..

Comments

Walter Sobchak: glad you made it

LegalizeMeth: jesus dude glad youre alright

simpdog: undefeated against covid 2-0. Glad to hear you're doing better and hope you continue on that path.

dwai:

gut: Damn

Kuntmissioner: riveting account, amazing youre alive

BCR: Glad you and your wife made it. Good luck.

JoeD:

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Fucking Survivor Rep

BetCheckBet:

TheXFactor: COVID-19 SUCKS!!!

Sanlmar: Definitely an all time top 10 TR

Gordman: Glad you and your wife are ok.

Sloppy Joe: All the best going forward.

JMM: Glad you're doing better, buddy

Daly: :later to the :laterfag

gimmick:

nunbeater: damn dude, I'm glad you survived

Dan Druff: glad you are still here!

tommyt: He’s alive!

garrett: Welcome back

sonatine: jesus fucking christ

MumblesBadly: And to think you almost became one of Sonatine’s predicted COVID deaths. Whoa!

Crowe Diddly: Holy shitballs, glad you are still with us!

Texter: Scary stuff

IamGreek: Man I hope you both get back to normal again soon

d1sposition: Glad you and your wife made it. Survivor fight.

nightmarefish: Godspeed sweet prince

GrenadaRoger:

Load Metric
    I'm glad you made it and thanks for letting us know.

The fever dreams and everything else you described are pretty consistent with what I've heard from a few other people.

Except to be dealing with the long-term effects off and on for who knows how long.

Take care of each other.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    you must be pretty fat and old.

I'm glad you're okay though, stay alive

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Holy fuck man, glad you made it. Do you think you contracted it through your work?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

I honestly don't know whether to red or green you for this.

Comments

dwai:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This could have been avoided had you have made a thoughtful donation to my vacation fund.

Studies show that donating to LGBT causes can reduce death rates from covid

Load Metric
    Do you know how you got exposed to Covid-19?

Was it from a friend or relative visiting?

Was it from young kids?

Did you recently travel somewhere?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Do you know what drugs that gave you once you were on the ventilator? You were a dog to live at that point for sure.

Did you take/try any therapeutic drugs, etc in the days going to the ER?

Did your body dissolve the clots or did you have more long lasting ones - legs, arms, lungs, etc?

Congrats on surviving.

I saw a video with an ER doc they said they could predict the upcoming severity for the patient based on the results of the D-Dimer

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Im a little younger then Druff (47) as for fat.. Definitely overweight but no longer obese category.. Id already lost about 40lbs prior to getting sick since last fall as I knew I needed to lose weight for my long term health on my way to 50 in a couple years.. Between the original weight loss and the hospital Im down 65 with about another 50-55 to go..

Comments

shoeshine box: 50s are a Mofo, fade them u got a shot..imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Holy fuck man, glad you made it. Do you think you contracted it through your work?
    No telling.. Couldve been multiple possibilities unfortunately..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Do you know how you got exposed to Covid-19?

Was it from a friend or relative visiting?No

Was it from young kids? No

Did you recently travel somewhere?No, havent left the general Phoenix metro area in a couple years honestly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Do you know what drugs that gave you once you were on the ventilator? You were a dog to live at that point for sure.

Did you take/try any therapeutic drugs, etc in the days going to the ER?

Did your body dissolve the clots or did you have more long lasting ones - legs, arms, lungs, etc?

Congrats on surviving.

I saw a video with an ER doc they said they could predict the upcoming severity for the patient based on the results of the D-Dimer
    Like I said they have me Remdesivir in the ER.. I also know I was on 2 antibiotics in the ICU and on the floor for nearly 2 weeks..

As for the clots there was no sign of issues there however I had a clean upper GI less then 2 yrs ago and I was tore up horribly when they rescoped my upper GI in the hosptial. I had ulcerations from my Esophagus into the stomach and first section of the small intestine.. Also its possible I may have had a mild heart attack in the hospital due to a significantly elevated troponin level (4x normal non positive level) but my cardiologist isnt sure.. I still have to have a followup echocardiogram to check for anything lingering.. Also its likely my pulmonary issues are significantly worse (Ive had issues for awhile due to my time in fire/ems but I literally get short of breath even talking sometimes so I have to followup for that as well I feel like my lung capacity is at best 50% of what it was prior).

and yes I know Im lucky extremely so

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Glad you're ok

Kind of curious what splitthis has to say about all of this seeing as how this is apparently just a big hoax and all and nobody needs a shot, and just needs to eat more tofu and run 5 miles, or whatever the fuck garbage she spews these days.

Comments

Sanlmar: the rural white point of view

Load Metric
    There's two great things about your ordeal.

1. you're alive and we're glad you're back.

2. you missed out one of the worst posters of all time and one of the darkest times at PFA

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Silver lining rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    There's two great things about your ordeal.

1. you're alive and we're glad you're back.

2. you missed out one of the worst posters of all time and one of the darkest times at PFA
    There is still shrapnel that is too close to the heart to be safely removed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This could have been avoided had you have made a thoughtful donation to my vacation fund.

Studies show that donating to LGBT causes can reduce death rates from covid
    But increases the death rate from AIDS.

Comments

OSA: AIDS IS A THING OF THE PAST YOU HETERO MALE

Load Metric
    The can’t help but feel that after reading this somehow my frustration around waiting 1-2 months for my new bbq might not be quite as justified as I once thought.

Glad to see you stabilizing and that must have been terrible.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Pandemic is over, and 100% of PFA users have survived thus far.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Pandemic is over, and 100% of PFA users have survived thus far.
    yes but their all their grandma's have died

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Glad you're ok

Kind of curious what splitthis has to say about all of this seeing as how this is apparently just a big hoax and all and nobody needs a shot, and just needs to eat more tofu and run 5 miles, or whatever the fuck garbage she spews these days.
    Dude has multiple comorbidities stupid. Vacthine won’t even save him.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information