Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby winner Medina Spirit fails drug test

Load Metric

Derby winner Medina Spirit fails drug test

Bob Baffert said Kentucky stewards have informed him that Derby champion Medina Spirit tested positive for the corticosteroid betamethasone. He said the horse was not treated with the drug and he will fight the case
    What happens if they are disqualified?

Does Mandaloun move up into first place as the Derby winner?

And if so, what happens to all the betting? Surely it can't be reversed at this point.

Load Metric
    California Thoroughbred trainer Bob Baffert.
    Baffert is a reported drugger of racehorses and suspected in the sudden deaths of 7 racehorses from heart failure.
    Bob Baffert is the Hall of Fame trainer with the largest racing stable in California, and more recently under the microscope for the mysterious “sudden deaths” due to cardiovascular/pulmonary failures of seven race horses over the course of several months (November 4, 2011 through March 14, 2013).
    We now know Bob Baffert's secret.

Of course, they knew his secret years ago but the racing associations do nothing to penalize him or to prevent him from killing more horses.

The fact is Bob Baffert is a dirty fucking cheater.

They should strip him of the triple crown and all racing wins in the last decade.

Comments

shoeshine box: word.

Load Metric
    This makes me think about someone I know who races Horses in Freehold New Jersey, Harness racing not Thoroughbreds

He told me 'nudge nudge wink wink' that some Horses did get juiced, right before the gate drop at times. And so the betting Public, or some of them were in the know which Horses were getting the Juice given to them. Big betting edge and I never really got too much into it other then I know its real and does happen, for that edge. And some gamblers would really be trying to get that hush hush information of which Horses were being Juiced that day. And now that I think about it, its not surprising but I guess a really big problem in Horse racing across the board.

Not surprising to me the biggest name and Trainer in Horse racing is caught Advantage Playing with the Juice =)....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Bob Baffert said Kentucky stewards have informed him that Derby champion Medina Spirit tested positive for the corticosteroid betamethasone. He said the horse was not treated with the drug and he will fight the case
    What happens if they are disqualified?

Does Mandaloun move up into first place as the Derby winner?

And if so, what happens to all the betting? Surely it can't be reversed at this point.
    Post Race DQ doesn’t matter for the betting. Would be impossible to get a single $1 that was paid out already. Purse money would have to be surrendered. For the public it doesn’t matter.

The thing about Baffert is it seems pretty clear he takes shortcuts. His barn is located in California and I don’t think he has had any problems over there. So they must be covering up for him there or not scrutinizing like other jurisdictions.

Load Metric
    Horse racing is more corrupt than Ukrainian Table Tennis.

If you didn’t know consider yourself warned.

Uppers/downers..... lots of ways to cheat

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I bet even Lance Armstrong agrees with this

Load Metric
    Bob Baffert suspended by Churchill Downs after Medina Spirit fails drug test

https://nypost.com/2021/05/09/church...rit-drug-test/

His horse’s Kentucky Derby win is in jeopardy, but that’s just part of the problem Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert is dealing with on Sunday.

Churchill Downs has suspended him as well after Medina Spirit failed a post-race drug test casting doubt on its victory.

Baffert told reporters he would be transparent with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission as it investigates the matter and denied knowledge of any wrongdoing.

The horse tested positive for the steroid betamethasone that is used to treat pain and inflammation. It was found to have 21 picograms of betamethasone in its system, more than double what is allowed.

“To be clear, if the findings are upheld, Medina Spirit’s results in the Kentucky Derby will be invalidated and Mandaloun will be declared the winner,” Churchill Downs officials said in a statement.

“Churchill Downs will not tolerate it. Given the seriousness of the alleged offense, Churchill Downs will immediately suspend Bob Baffert, the trainer of Medina Spirit, from entering any horses at Churchill Downs Racetrack.”

For now, Medina Spirit will still run in the Preakness Stakes on Saturday, unless officials at Pimlico or Maryland’s racing commission prevent it from doing so. It is the fifth Baffert horse to have failed a drug test in over a year.

“I got the biggest gut-punch in racing for something that I didn’t do,” Baffert said, referring to the failed test. “And it’s disturbing. It’s an injustice to the horse. … I don’t know what’s going on in racing right now, but there’s something not right. I don’t feel embarrassed. I feel like I was wronged. We’re going to do our own investigation. We’re going to be transparent with the racing commission, like we’ve always been.

“He’s a great horse. He doesn’t deserve this. He ran a gallant race.”
    The horse didn't do it, you fucking asshole.
    The vet or trainer did it.

It was very fishy, that a Bob Baffert horse won the Kentucky derby again.

Medina Spirit was not a top rated horse.
    It was a 15 to1 underdog.
    When the race went off it was 12 to 1.

Every Bob Baffert racing victory is suspect now.

Load Metric

How would downers help?

Interesting that in humans the drug doesn't seem like it would be a PED. Used for arthritis and autoimmune disorders. Can result in increased hair growth. Was the horse furrier than usual?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

How would downers help?

Interesting that in humans the drug doesn't seem like it would be a PED. Used for arthritis and autoimmune disorders. Can result in increased hair growth. Was the horse furrier than usual?
    I think downers relate to the mental aspect so not so much for horses.

I heard a story about Jordan in college where during a medical his recorded heart rate was something ridiculously low. Good for high pressure situations.

Load Metric

How would downers help?

Slip one to the 1/5 favorite.

Now you can win 90%+ of the pools with a very small
    Amount of investment. Knowing when a 1/5 horse isn’t going to make the top 3 is probably better information than knowing a 10/1 horse is on the gas.

Comments

WillieMcFML: great post

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Baffert now blaming “cancel culture” 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/1391765065179746306

Load Metric

How would downers help?

Amount of investment. Knowing when a 1/5 horse isn’t going to make the top 3 is probably better information than knowing a 10/1 horse is on the gas.
    Makes sense. I guess I was only thinking about what you'd give to your own horse. How easy is it to get to the other horses? Wouldn't they be locked up?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Makes sense. I guess I was only thinking about what you'd give to your own horse. How easy is it to get to the other horses? Wouldn't they be locked up?

Admittedly at the Kentucky Derby that’s probably a longshot. But what about the Saturday Matinee at Gulfstream or Sana Anita?

You have a job as a handler there and I’m the bag man. I set you up and give a shot to the horse 2-3 hours before the race. It’s probably a 9 Horse race - the 8-9 horses are truly long shots leave them alone they were there for filler. Slip something to the 7-6 horses as well, now the 1-6-7-8-9 horses have no real shot to crack the top 3.

Now you bet 100 win place show ($300 total) on the 2-3-4-5 horses. If the 1 is 1/5 all the money is on him and all Hess horses are 10-1 or better. $1200 invested.

Now put these four horses in 4 team exacta box - another $1200 invested.

Now put these four horses in a 4 team tri box for $40 $980 invested. Everyone is going to have the 1 in there. $40 tri going to scoop most of the pool.

$3500 invested and if it comes up in any order of 2-3-4-5 (esp if it’s 4 or 5 up top) you are going to walk away with close to 6 figures

Load Metric
    Delete from net

Silver
    Load Metric

How would downers help?

Are you suggesting that it's a least a possibility that somebody outside of the Baffert camp tampered with the Medina Spirit drug test? Or slipped Medina Spirit the 21 picograms of betamethasone found in his system?

You'd think Baffert would be smart enough not to let this happen, particularly since he's had multiple prior issues with other horses. Or maybe he thinks he can continue to skirt a full on suspension based on reputation?

(side note/subtle brag - Baffert has participated in the annual March Madness tourney run by my close friend for the past several years. There's about 100 of us at $10 an entry. So this story hits a little close to home.)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i had mandaloun to win and with 3 horses in the exacta. i lost
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Horse racing, a beautiful sport run by some very ruthless and corrupt people.

Nothing with happen to Bob Baffert.

The whole scandal will be swept under the rug and will disappear.

Baffert is connected to too many powerful people in horse racing and he can get away with anything.

Load Metric

At the highest levels, I’m sure it’s an intricate game of cheating and trying to avoid detection, so yes, corrupt.

Anyone I’ve ever known with horses at lower levels, they are basically like a carny. Just completely corrupt people with a slightly bigger bank account than a typical carny, but the same scruples. Dirtiest thing ever.

Load Metric
    Lets not forget Baffert just got slapped by Santa Anita in California for potential cheating and got a slap on the wrist when one of his horses tested dirty and claimed it was accidental that one of his assistants had the substance on his hands..(lidocaine) This is now the 5th time Baffert has had a horse test dirty this isnt an outlier..

Thread Information