Thread: English food

Load Metric

English food

Since I haven't seen a horrible DR thread lately, figured i'd start one. Anyone else think the brits food is super-underrated actually? Give me a proper English breakfast, with a scotch egg and some bangers for lunch, and fish n chips for dinner. I'm good with that.

Load Metric
    I'd probably lean more towards the Germans for beers to go with those meals, but no one is perfect.

Load Metric
    Hofbrauhauses in Germany are God

Load Metric
    Fucking gross, all European Countries serve that shit those wankers dont even crisp up their bacon its all soggy and nasty. and dont even get me started on the scrambled eggs

Load Metric
    I love a good English breakfast, sans the tomatoes and blood pudding

Name:  download (4).jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  13.9 KB

Comments

gut: i leave the mushrooms off of mine

Walter Sobchak: That looks fucking amazing.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There's been a few threads about English food on PFA over the years.

By far and away our best offering is breakfast. There's a lot of variance though, from amazing to so-so (rarely poor though). You have to embrace the black pudding to be true English breakfast.

Evening meal all we've really got home-spun is fish and chips or pie and mash. Most brits will eat Chinese/Italian/Indian meals burgers/steaks (American) maybe Mexican or some such.

Most "English" restaurants here will serve a combination of all of the above.

If you want the best fish and chips, head to a coastal location. Best fish and chips I've had is in Whitby on the Yorkshire coast.

Comments

dwai:

Walter Sobchak: Yessir
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Some Northern Ireland cousins came to visit once, they couldn’t handle the breakfast sausage here....was way too spicy.

We went over there and the best part of their breakfast was the sausage, which means the rest of the breakfast was pretty terrible.

Not a fan of soft boiled eggs or beans on toast....how did that even become a breakfast? WW2 when there was nothing to eat?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Some Northern Ireland cousins came to visit once, they couldn’t handle the breakfast sausage here....was way too spicy.

We went over there and the best part of their breakfast was the sausage, which means the rest of the breakfast was pretty terrible.

Not a fan of soft boiled eggs or beans on toast....how did that even become a breakfast? WW2 when there was nothing to eat?

do NOT insult an English breakfast

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

do NOT insult an English breakfast
    So much tomato...blech

Load Metric
    Yorkies allllllllll day

Load Metric
    I'm whatever the opposite of a foodie is and appreciated the no frills aspect of English food when traveling.

Totally see the values in food preparation and eating together but have never been able to give more of a shit than that.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    so youre just a fat slob with no palate

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

By far and away our best offering is breakfast. There's a lot of variance though, from amazing to so-so (rarely poor though). You have to embrace the black pudding to be true English breakfast.

Evening meal all we've really got home-spun is fish and chips or pie and mash. Most brits will eat Chinese/Italian/Indian meals burgers/steaks (American) maybe Mexican or some such.

If you want the best fish and chips, head to a coastal location. Best fish and chips I've had is in Whitby on the Yorkshire coast.
    I watch "BeardMeetsFood"'s youtube channel, and one thing that amazed me is how many restaurants there serve like....a complete mish-mash of "American" food. Pizza, burgers, hot dogs, wings, fried chicken, etc all in one place.

Also, I think I've seen him in multiple 1950's Americana style diners. I'm no world traveler by any means, but I assumed those didnt exist outside of America.

Load Metric

Do they still wrap it in newspaper? Most people still use malt vinegar? Or tartar sauce? Man I love tartar sauce.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Do they still wrap it in newspaper? Most people still use malt vinegar? Or tartar sauce? Man I love tartar sauce.
    No newspaper any more. Recycling before recycling was trendy. But someone decided it wasn't hygienic and it pretty much ended in the 90s.

Thankfully salt, vineger and tartare sauce are still very much on the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Prime rib with Yorkshire pudding covered in gravy is the fucking nuts
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Classic PFA: Arguing the best time of day to eat big black horse cock, I mean black pudding, cos you know thats what it is, right.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I must admit I bought cans of Mushy peas and Spotted Dick as a lark.

Both deserve better names

Name:  A73B5A48-5097-4651-B3BF-967A3AB3FACD.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  178.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I'm whatever the opposite of a foodie is and appreciated the no frills aspect of English food when traveling.

Totally see the values in food preparation and eating together but have never been able to give more of a shit than that.
    Yes, you just love eating dick.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: dicks are a constant presence in that AIDS riddled brain, huh?
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Always enjoyed the specialty of the limey bastards...Shepherds Pie with a pint of Murphy’s Stout. Guinness is good but Murphy’s es mucho mejor

Thread Information