Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Colman accuses Sean Perry of scamming him for "7 figures" in weird Daily Fantasy Sports prop betting scheme

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

Wow…so if this is the case I’m dead wrong. Meaning Colman didn’t recover any of the 7 figures he allegedly already paid out. Not only that… the “alleged” scammer/scumbag Perry, who “allegedly” scammed all this money, wanted to mediate ONLY the rest of the unpaid “allegedly scammed” money. Meaning he wanted more. Talk about a shameless lowlife. JFC, if this is the case Colman really got it in the ass. Perry & Soverel getting painted in the best possible light on Poker Go in the meantime.

By the way…fuck Poker Go. Got nothing against the commentators or other employees (Camera Guys/Dealers) etc. The management can go fuck themselves. The way the business has been run is disgraceful.
    Yes, I thought all along that Colman got it in the ass. Honestly he seems like the perfect mark, which is probably why he was targeted.

And yes, fuck Poker Go and their overaggressive copyright enforcement bullshit.
    I dont think they targeted anyone - they just cast a line in the thread and whomever jumped in got victimized.

SS I thought had a good rep - which I think is one reason everyone is kind of confused about what happened.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I dont think they targeted anyone - they just cast a line in the thread and whomever jumped in got victimized.

SS I thought had a good rep - which I think is one reason everyone is kind of confused about what happened.
    It’s not worth going over the whole story. There are factions in the high roller world. Isaac Haxton is a well known backer of guys like Justin Bonomo. Soverel is not in that faction. He folded out of turn on some final table and a lot of the guys from the Haxton faction said it was deliberate and said Sam has been doing shady shit for years. I didn’t know what to make of it. Sam keeps a low profile. He went on Joe Ingram’s podcast to defend himself.

Haxton & Bonomo come off pretty insufferable sometimes. So at the time I kind of thought Sam was being wrongfully attacked.

Here he is on the treadmill….

Silver
    Load Metric
    Haxton & Bonomo come off pretty insufferable sometimes. So at the time I kind of thought Sam was being wrongfully attacked.
    woke poker players are the nut low.

Comments

uup115:

Load Metric
    I know this is kind of off topic but I don’t envision starting a thread bashing Poker Go. Anyways, just got home and it “seemed” like they were streaming a tournament live so I clicked it and…

Name:  50A1B76B-330B-4F82-8975-F574E42BE5B7.png
Views: 635
Size:  2.01 MB

No warning and people in the chat were not happy. The chat was set to “subscriber only” mode. Not to mention, I subscribed to try and comment and it says “You must wait 5 minutes after subscribing before being allowed to comment”.

In another unrelated topic. To no one’s surprise Doug Polk is fully back. He is doing the podcast and his “polker news”. Whatever you think about Doug it is good for him to be back because of his following. He did not touch the Colman/Perry/Soverel fiasco. I did comment that it would be great to get some coverage on why this story is a total third rail for all of poker media. Anyways he talks about PokerGO at 16:45

This will be my last post regarding PokerGO in this Colman thread. If there are new developments regarding this PokerGo fiasco, I’ll start a thread about it. I’m guessing it dies down now and is what it is. They have moved the price point from I believe $10 a month to $7. Not sure if you have to pay full year upfront for that price, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.

Load Metric
    Doug Polk did a podcast with Olivier Busquet where they are debating whether or not preflop charts/programs are cheating or not. I was wondering if the Sean Perry sage would come up because Olivier was known as somewhat of a mentor to Colman. Well at the 1:03 mark Olivier does bring it up and for three minutes they kind of talk around it.

Unfortunately, Doug does not follow up and at 1:06 he brings the conversation back to the original debate. This is so strange. You would think Doug would get into this, especially after about an hour of solid but very technical talk. The media blackout of covering the Sean Perry fiasco continues. Even a guy with his own platform like Doug is shying away. People seem scared to go there.

BTW Sam Soverel came second to Cary Katz in the 100K Poker Go Cup. Sean is seen sweating Sam. Negreanu is really pulling for Katz. Olivier does remark that it would be weird to know what to do sitting at a poker table next to Sean Perry. Apparently it’s normal for everyone else.

Here’s the podcast. Perry brought up 1:03…

Load Metric
    I guess Ralph Perry is KGB or people dislike Colman, because no one seems to give a shit about this million dollars he was robbed.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

you heard that "birds of a feather flock together".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I guess Ralph Perry is KGB or people dislike Colman, because no one seems to give a shit about this million dollars he was robbed.
    I think it's two factors:

1) Sean is action and the high stakes players want him in the game.

2) Nobody gives a shit about Daniel Colman. Since this alleged scam affected one and only one (very passive but somewhat arrogant) person, it's hard for enough people to get mad about it, despite the dollar amount.

Comments

shoeshine box: bingo. Perrys son a fish

uup115:

Load Metric
    Druff, I see you’re covering this later today on radio. I just checked Mercier’s Twitter and after putting out the initial tweets, which were clearly part of the deal he made with Perry, he has not made a single tweet or even replied to anything. He got his money, posted what he negotiated and disappeared. That’s pretty shitty imo. Think it shows there was nothing of substance in the tweet and he really didn’t give a shit about anything beyond his self interest.

We’ve seen this time and time again. People posting things as a PSA to not fall for a scammer, but it’s really only about the fact they got scammed. Once they make a deal with the scammer they will then vouch for them in some way. We know scammers never stop scamming, especially if they keep getting away with it. They could be financially set and still are just wired to fuck everyone in some way.

Name:  IMG_0018.png
Views: 152
Size:  560.9 KB

Thread Information