Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Colman accuses Sean Perry of scamming him for "7 figures" in weird Daily Fantasy Sports prop betting scheme

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Daniel Colman accuses Sean Perry of scamming him for "7 figures" in weird Daily Fantasy Sports prop betting scheme

Sean Perry is a young poker pro, who has appeared on High Stakes Poker and other broadcasts. He's the son of Russian-born poker pro Ralph Perry, and gimmicky Vegas area realtor Merri Perry.

Daniel Colman is accusing Sean of scamming him for "7 figures" in DFS betting. He claims they each bet on 3 DFS pros' results (out of a pool of 6), and that Perry was actually in control of 3 of those accounts.

https://twitter.com/DanielColman_/status/1390796548368334848

https://twitter.com/DanielColman_/status/1390809384889036801

https://twitter.com/DanielColman_/status/1390809079153668103

I can't comment on Perry's guilt or innocence here, because I haven't seen the lineups, nor am I a DFS expert. Aaron Jones ("AEJones") also assisted in the process of analyzing the whole thing. As an outsider, I have to agree that it doesn't look very good for Perry here.

https://twitter.com/aejonesleggo/status/1390801059166121986

https://twitter.com/aejonesleggo/status/1390802844362493957

https://twitter.com/aejonesleggo/status/1390811808923930625

As Jones said, "it was a very stupid thing to gamble on", and it's amazing that this could have been a 7-figure scam. Obviously the huge, gaping security hole was those three "random" accounts, which obviously could be controlled by a scammer and manipulated to produce the desired results.

Apparently Colman trusted Sam Soverel to have already vetted this, and claims that Sam "agreed" with Perry's request to include these accounts. They were sold as "random DFS pros", yet had no history on there. How did this get past Sam and Daniel?!?!

Perry has $2.2m in tournament cashes since 2017, and is 25 years old.

Perry's Twitter is here, but he hasn't commented on this, and hasn't tweeted since April 27. It's unclear if the April 27 date coincides with when Colman accused him.

Comments

JeffDime: Nice post Druff

Load Metric
    I don’t like seeing anyone get scammed but fuck Coleman. That kid acted like he is better then the poker world as he ran away with 15 million or so. Then that dumb T shirt on tv. Dirtbag

Comments

Cerveza Fria: 100% hate to see people get scammed, but Coleman kind of had it coming.
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Interesting story but don’t feel bad for Colman in the slightest. I’m also tired of this PSA bullshit. There is probably only a handful of guys who would even make stupid fucking bets like this and I’m sure they all know the story by now. It’s a public shaming to try and get the money returned. I just wish these guys would be more upfront about it.

It’s not like someone is going to come across his post and say “Oh shit, I was thinking of betting 100’s of thousands of dollars on that nonsense, thanks for the heads up Dan”. Clearly Colman has fuck you money and is bored af just going to the gym, flexing in the mirror and constantly checking his investments growing all day long.

I’m not hating on him for having money, God Bless him. But he is a fucking moron here. Daniel has declined to do any media regarding this situation because of all the false hope the DFS industry marketed to suckers for years.

Load Metric
    Just to clarify, I despise scammers and if all is proven true, this Perry guy should be held accountable and shunned for all time from the gambling community. I guess I would call this a very targeted scam that only a handful of people are even in a position to be rolled.
    Colman may have been a moron, but that doesn’t make what happened to him any less despicable. I am just astounded that he would bet on something like this.

Load Metric
    Bob is roasting Colman. I did think that Soverel being the conduit here was pretty sketchy but I didn’t want to throw his name out there. Colman is now throwing Soverel under the bus and implying he was in on it.

There were so many red flags that Colman didn’t pick up on here it is truly shocking and embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/DanielColman_/status/1391054170531287047

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, I also suspect Sam's involvement.

Either Sam is the most gullible guy in the world, or something is off here. I can just picture it...

Sean: "Hey Sam, want to make huge DFS bets with me?"

Sam: "What are we betting on?"

Sean: "Oh, not much... we will just pick 3 DFS pros each, from a pool of 6, and add up their points, and see who finishes with more."

Sam: "That sounds great! But which 6 DFS pros? The known top 6 on Draftkings?"

Sean: "Nah. How about the top 3 on Draftkings, and 3 other big time DFS pros who aren't as well known?"

Sam: "Okay. So what's the story with those other 3? Can I look at their profiles to see how they've done?"

Sean: "Ummm... no, because they don't have any record on there. But trust me, they're top DFS pros."

Sam: "Okay, I trust you. Sooo... how much you wanna bet? $100k? $300k? $500k? Anything's cool with me. I'll get Dan Colman to go in with me if it gets too high."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also pretty much everyone in poker coming out on Twitter saying what an unlikable douchebag Sean Perry is/was.

I guess the kid was super brash/arrogant, got on everyone's nerves, but everyone tolerated it because he was action and would shoot off in the high stakes games.

I haven't seen a single person come out and defend him.

This also reflects badly upon his mom, Merri Perry, who has aggressively cultivated an image of a top realtor you can trust. While Sean's actions are out of Merri's control at this point, obviously it's not a good look when your son does something like this.

Load Metric

Comments

shoeshine box: Henry the dealer? Henry.. from Palms.. love Tony g

Load Metric
    Nothing new on this? My guess is Sean and Sam make a deal to make Colman whole in exchange for no further public comment on the matter from Colman. PSA my ass. It’s all about the money. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve heard nothing new on this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Nothing new on this? My guess is Sean and Sam make a deal to make Colman whole in exchange for no further public comment on the matter from Colman. PSA my ass. It’s all about the money. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve heard nothing new on this.
    Was wondering about this myself. I've also seen nothing new.

I have a feeling Colman lost enthusiasm to keep pushing this publicly because guys like Harlalabob were making fun of him for falling for a super obvious con.

My guess is that nobody has been made whole, because there is so much money involved, and because the cat is out of the bag already.

It has been over a month since Perry last tweeted, which I imagine isn't a coincidence.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I have a feeling Colman lost enthusiasm to keep pushing this publicly because guys like Harlalabob were making fun of him for falling for a super obvious con.

My guess is that nobody has been made whole, because there is so much money involved, and because the cat is out of the bag already.

It has been over a month since Perry last tweeted, which I imagine isn't a coincidence.
    I’m not so sure Druff. How much money could Colman possibly have that this campaign would come to such an abrupt halt? That he would not keep pushing it because he looks like a big mark? This is such substantial money that I would lean towards this being mediated in private. If Colman is offered to be made whole and agrees not to ever comment publicly about this again, sure there will always be a cloud over Perry & Soverel, but they save their asses.

To me, re-couping the money is the main goal of this whole thing. Even if that means taking it easy on Perry & Soverel. Essentially, letting them skate except for the initial damage. Which of course is still great. I personally think that’s the more likely scenario here and we may never here another word about this going forward.

Perry is pretty much a known slimeball. Isaac Haxton, Bonomo and basically that whole crew has been trying to paint Soverel as a slimeball as well. Soverel has done very well in the high rollers. Haxton was a well known backer of Bonomo during his big run, so when they all jumped on Soverel I wasn’t quite sure if they just didn’t like him or he was slippery.

I just saw Soverel on Poker After Dark. He obviously plays in these high rollers. He would desperately try to protect his name. I guess my point is that the amount of money is so large, that Colman would be agreeable to shutting his mouth about if forever if he was able to recoup it. He knows that through normal channels that money is gone, because giving it back publicly would be an admission of the scam by Perry & Soverel.

Load Metric

Sean Perry just won the $25k high roller at the Venetian a few days ago for $365k. So he's definitely not in hiding.

Comments

JeffDime: Wow. Combo of shameless and this may be sorted out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post

Sean Perry just won the $25k high roller at the Venetian a few days ago for $365k. So he's definitely not in hiding.
    I think he believes Colman is a puss who won't do anything about it, and since this accusation affects Colman and nobody else, Perry probably doesn't worry about showing his face.

People already thought he was a douchebag before this, so it's not like he was coasting before on being likable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now Sam Soverel won a tournament: https://www.pokercentral.com/article...ha-for-175500/

I'm not gonna lie. I'm seriously considering scamming Daniel Colman before the WSOP Main Event.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Do it!

Load Metric
    So Poker Go is copying Golf again and now has the Poker Go (Instead of Ryder) Cup. The have the Poker Masters, Poker Open etc already. It’s basically these high rollers getting together. I guess as a learning tool these final tables would be useful, but for the most part they are unwatchable.

Anyways, I noticed they are actually putting these for free on YouTube. Well, Sean Perry is in the first final table and Sam Soverel is on the third. I posted them below.

It is clear that a lot of the Poker Media are just shilling for Poker Go or whatever entity owns them. I understand that Poker Media is not going to be profitable, and that’s why in many cases it stays away from alot of the stories that Druff covers here and on the radio show.

My theory is this was settled in private. I think the whole Twitter PSA (Public Shaming Announcement) was a coordinated effort for Colman to recoup his funds. I think in some way this was mediated in private and everyone agreed to keep their mouth shut.

I know Druff has said he believes Colman just dropped it. I do disagree but have nothing to back up my opinion. It is total speculation. Colman had allies and the silence really seemed coordinated in my eyes. Sean & Sam are clearly going about their business as usual.

Silver
    Load Metric
    someone i know is in the juice free thread where this happened and he told me they tried to mediate it but couldn't agree on terms - perry didn't want the $$ he already collected to be in play - he only wanted to mediate amt owed and obv the other guy wanted the $$ he already paid to be up for grabs.

so f dumb

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    someone i know is in the juice free thread where this happened and he told me they tried to mediate it but couldn't agree on terms - perry didn't want the $$ he already collected to be in play - he only wanted to mediate amt owed and obv the other guy wanted the $$ he already paid to be up for grabs.

so f dumb
    Wow…so if this is the case I’m dead wrong. Meaning Colman didn’t recover any of the 7 figures he allegedly already paid out. Not only that… the “alleged” scammer/scumbag Perry, who “allegedly” scammed all this money, wanted to mediate ONLY the rest of the unpaid “allegedly scammed” money. Meaning he wanted more. Talk about a shameless lowlife. JFC, if this is the case Colman really got it in the ass. Perry & Soverel getting painted in the best possible light on Poker Go in the meantime.

By the way…fuck Poker Go. Got nothing against the commentators or other employees (Camera Guys/Dealers) etc. The management can go fuck themselves. The way the business has been run is disgraceful.
    Last edited by JeffDime; 07-10-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Just to further my point this video has been taken down because of a copyright claim by Poker Central (Same as Poker Go). Is this company fucking kidding me? What a joke. This was the classic Tony G berating Perry clip. Probably over a decade or more before Poker Central was even created. Why would they take that down? Just a bunch of assholes.

I know my language is harsh but Poker Go deserves it. They been pulling all kinds of shady bullshit for years now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

so f dumb
    Wow…so if this is the case I’m dead wrong. Meaning Colman didn’t recover any of the 7 figures he allegedly already paid out. Not only that… the “alleged” scammer/scumbag Perry, who “allegedly” scammed all this money, wanted to mediate ONLY the rest of the unpaid “allegedly scammed” money. Meaning he wanted more. Talk about a shameless lowlife. JFC, if this is the case Colman really got it in the ass. Perry & Soverel getting painted in the best possible light on Poker Go in the meantime.

By the way…fuck Poker Go. Got nothing against the commentators or other employees (Camera Guys/Dealers) etc. The management can go fuck themselves. The way the business has been run is disgraceful.
    Yes, I thought all along that Colman got it in the ass. Honestly he seems like the perfect mark, which is probably why he was targeted.

And yes, fuck Poker Go and their overaggressive copyright enforcement bullshit.

Comments

uup115:

Load Metric
    Seems you were spot on here Druff from the jump.

BTW anyone from PokerGO who stumbles on to this, I recant my displeasure in having that sociopath Randell Emmett take over all your Poker After Darks. After trying to watch these high rollers final tables and failing miserably, I have realized you need a heel to make poker interesting nowadays.

Assuming he can “write-off” (Embezzle) enough money from whatever shitty movie he currently is “producing” (Running into the ground by flying jets and dumping piles out of the budget playing poker etc) bring his narcissistic ass back on the show. Because these high roller final tables ain’t going to get you guys in the black.

Thread Information