Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Honda Or Toyota

  1. #1

    Honda Or Toyota

    Mechanic advised me on those 2 brands selling a honda civic klunker. Looking to spend mid 25 what should I get? 30k top of the mark

  2. #2
    Get a Honda CRV or a Toyota 4 Runner. Both are very good and reliable cars. 4 Runner is cooler, depends a lot on if you have a family etc

  3. #3
    I like the honda CRV

  4. #4
    I moved on from Honda.

    Had a 2015 Accord EX-L. Loved it. Impeccably maintained. Had just paid it off a year ago. 140k miles, mostly highway. Was planning on keeping that car another 5 to 6 years with the way the engines run.

    Unfortunately, now all these new cars have ridiculous computer, electronics, and camera parts on them, and out of the blue I started getting an FCW failure warning and my entire dash was lit up. Early diagnosis was that it could be a half dozen different things, ranging in cost from $1200-$2500.

    Once I looked into the issue online, seemed others had exact same problem and they could never get their car up and running 100%.

    Just dumped that car and went certified pre owned, got a 2018 Nissan Maxima for $25k with a 3yr warranty. First time I let somebody else take the hit on the new car depreciation. Felt good man.

  5. #5
    Platinum splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    630
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    3,321
    Sis has crv it has 200k miles on it. She won’t get a new one because it still runs.
    People that sit in their recliner all day think walking is a disease.

  6. #6
    a 1000 dollar 90's honda civic and 29000 dollars worth of rice

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    a 1000 dollar 90's honda civic and 29000 dollars worth of rice
    On target I have a 2004 honda civic but it only has 60000 miles on it. Just throwing good money after bad. It conked out on me a couple of times and wife other time, she had to get it towed to our mechanic. The tow cost 300. Then had to take it again because check engine sign came on. Mechanic said can get 2k for it we have been going to him for 20 years, he knows people who would buy it.

  8. #8
    Platinum garrett's Avatar
    Reputation
    -178
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    3,008
    Toyota Camry Hybrid easy =)...

    if your a baller just buy the Tesla heh but Ive driven the Toyota Camry Hybrid myself for years. It was a 2017 and it was nice, nothing bad to say about it. I've actually seen Toyota Camry Hybrids, perfectly Maintained get upwards 500k Miles and in a few years too only, they are great cars.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Toyota Camry Hybrid easy =)...

    if your a baller just buy the Tesla heh but Ive driven the Toyota Camry Hybrid myself for years. It was a 2017 and it was nice, nothing bad to say about it. I've actually seen Toyota Camry Hybrids, perfectly Maintained get upwards 500k Miles and in a few years too only, they are great cars.
    Yeah, I don't want to have an electric car. Hey I never realized you had such expensive medical bills, you mentioned 800k? Are you still going for treatments? How is your house project going?

  10. #10
    Platinum garrett's Avatar
    Reputation
    -178
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Toyota Camry Hybrid easy =)...

    if your a baller just buy the Tesla heh but Ive driven the Toyota Camry Hybrid myself for years. It was a 2017 and it was nice, nothing bad to say about it. I've actually seen Toyota Camry Hybrids, perfectly Maintained get upwards 500k Miles and in a few years too only, they are great cars.
    Yeah, I don't want to have an electric car. Hey I never realized you had such expensive medical bills, you mentioned 800k? Are you still going for treatments? How is your house project going?
    Well it isnt exactly an Electric car its a Hybrid. It does have and can run on gas. But small tank obv, so its hybrid but mainly Electric. Id say about every 400 miles id put about eh $5-$10 in it when gas prices were over $2 too, so its great on gas. Hybrid so its mostly electric but does have the backup gas option but small tank. If you want all electric just buy a Tesla imo.

    And yeah since you asked, and over time you haven't ever been one to be mean or troll me on this site so I don't mind answering you honestly since you asked. I had over 880k in hospital bills actually, could have been 1M + but my lawyer, the hospital and other things worked it out. And a large amount, by law came out of my settlement of course. Yeah I still am going through post op stuff of course, but it is winding down now some. I got hit last January 27th and didnt wake up for 5 weeks, and so to me the whole thing is kinda of surreal. And I dont remember getting hit it was at 9oclock at night, and she was leaving her condo complex and i was walking across the exit and she ran me over. I didnt even realize for I guess a month and a half, and actually it was told to me by my nurses actually what happened, and the extent of my surgeries and all then. But oddly honestly, I was brought back too when most the acute trauma and pain was actually kinda behind me some.

    The whole thing to me honestly still some of it doesn't make sense. And now my life, and me is just different. I had my pelvic bone permanently pinned together now, my right shoulder and arm are held together by metal now. My right arm wasn't attaching to my shoulder, so two surgery's later yeah that is right now. But its been kinda major surgery after major surgery until this past November and after each of course comes with post op stuff, and all that. So now, I do se a therapist once a week and my main surgeon has now PRN'd me so if I need him he is still my Dr. But I am at a point now, im moving forward now. But physically ill never be that guy i was before this honestly and while thats not fun to think about I guess. It is what it is.

    And actually honestly, you woudlnt ever know any of this happened by looking at me, I look like I always did, walk fine. but you would of course know if you saw the xrays of my shoulder, pevlic bone, my ACL/MCL were the last to be done. So collectively there was a lot of Medical stuff and of course bills. But honestly this whole thing to me is still weird, and I dont even understand it all completely myself honestly. I was nothing, and I didnt care in life before all this, not that I didnt care but I was so arrogant and immune or numb to things. That I guess, I just didnt care, in my mind i was always right.

    And then this happened and now I do have a real appreciation for life now, and I didnt before all of this. And so from the worst thing to happen to me, I have become a better persona nd in a better place, so its also surreal to me in some ways. So I dont know, even I dont fully understand this whole thing myself. But you asked and thats as honest as I can be, and if you want to know anything else just ask, you've always been nice here to me I so I dont mind answering what youd like to know.

    ohh and the house project lol I dont think ive even mentioned that here on this site but I forget. It's going good its being built now almost done now. Supposed to be finished June 4th but was just told material issues (covid) etc etc so looks like July now. I dont think ive mentioned that here before, but I forget. I guess for me out of all this and having some money I just wanted to put it into a place I can lay my head some day. And I dont know if ill ever come into money unexpectedly like this again so I put the last of it into a home with my parents. My student loans are gone now, and so in ways I just dont understand how or why everything in life, for me at least is just different now. And id be wrong, and not a good person if I didnt appreciate being alive, and life now honestly So I am trying too..

    I forgot to answer that part, and sorta because I dont think I mentioned the home here before but IDK honestly. But its going good and its about 45 mins outside of West Palm Beach. Even that, is going to be a new Chapter in life. The first time ill actually live in 'South Florida' now lol, which is really cool. My brother lives in Jupiter and I just love Jupiter, but that's not where im moving.

    Anyway yeah, that answers that since I forgot to mention that above =)
    Last edited by garrett; 05-05-2021 at 09:11 AM.

  11. #11
    yeah I can empathize with you having more of an appreciation for life. Wow five weeks coma. Thanks for the answer, all the best. I was really curious.

     
    Comments
      
      garrett: You're welcome

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    If you want all electric just buy a Tesla imo.
    All electric? Doesn't that limit you driving between cities for lack of charging stations? Also, if you find a station, you need a long time to recharge and may have a long wait before that while the people ahead of you get re-charged? So no road trips i guess.

    Okay for personal use within your city tho
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

  13. #13
    No I defo don't want electric

  14. #14
    Platinum garrett's Avatar
    Reputation
    -178
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    If you want all electric just buy a Tesla imo.
    All electric? Doesn't that limit you driving between cities for lack of charging stations? Also, if you find a station, you need a long time to recharge and may have a long wait before that while the people ahead of you get re-charged? So no road trips i guess.

    Okay for personal use within your city tho
    If you are going to buy a Tesla you should be paying up for the long range battery. I'd imagine you could find a good few year old Tesla, for maybe 40k-50k with the better range Battery in it. Although I haven't researched that myself of course.
    Last edited by garrett; 05-05-2021 at 11:50 AM.

  15. #15
    Bronze
    Reputation
    55
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    325
    Get a truck, any of the big three are great as long as you maintain them. Honda Ridgeline is for d bags and the tundra is an under powered POS. Their so luxurious, the ride is excellent and they always come in handy. Once you get a truck, you’ll never want to go back to a car. In March 2020, I got an 18 ram 1500 v8 big horn with 25k miles for for 27k out the door. It’s the best decision I ever made. My next truck will be a diesel

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    Get a truck, any of the big three are great as long as you maintain them. Honda Ridgeline is for d bags and the tundra is an under powered POS. Their so luxurious, the ride is excellent and they always come in handy. Once you get a truck, you’ll never want to go back to a car. In March 2020, I got an 18 ram 1500 v8 big horn with 25k miles for for 27k out the door. It’s the best decision I ever made. My next truck will be a diesel
    Yes, a truck is a great choice. But $30K will probably limit you to a Ranger or Colorado new, or drop you to a used.

    One thing to check for is the bumper to bumper length...a lot of garages are 24 feet long (240 inches)...so you may need to step down to a short bed, such as a Silverado which is 228 inches (one foot to spare); the long bed Silverado is 246 inches, so take a tape measure with you when you go shopping (note a Colorado is 213 inches long, so that may be the choice as it's easier to fit in, particularly if you have added shelving to you garage)
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 05-05-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    Get a truck, any of the big three are great as long as you maintain them. Honda Ridgeline is for d bags and the tundra is an under powered POS. Their so luxurious, the ride is excellent and they always come in handy. Once you get a truck, you’ll never want to go back to a car. In March 2020, I got an 18 ram 1500 v8 big horn with 25k miles for for 27k out the door. It’s the best decision I ever made. My next truck will be a diesel
    Yes, a truck is a great choice. But $30K will probably limit you to a Ranger or Colorado new, or drop you to a used.

    One thing to check for is the bumper to bumper length...a lot of garages are 24 feet long (240 inches)...so you may need to step down to a short bed, such as a Silverado which is 228 inches (one foot to spare); the long bed Silverado is 246 inches, so take a tape measure with you when you go shopping (note a Colorado is 213 inches long, so that may be the choice as it's easier to fit in, particularly if you have added shelving to you garage)

    no matter how old you are if you own a truck you will always be asked to lend it or you to help some one take there shit to the dump, move, pick up something that won't fit in there sentra. buy a car honda or toyota there all great drive them and pick one that is comfortable and easy to drive, park, handling, colour option... let the wife pick and get a bj or cowgirl out of the deal.

     
    Comments
      
      GrenadaRoger: lol, always there for your friends when you need them
    all hail Hydra



    Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

  18. #18
    Bronze
    Reputation
    55
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

    Yes, a truck is a great choice. But $30K will probably limit you to a Ranger or Colorado new, or drop you to a used.

    One thing to check for is the bumper to bumper length...a lot of garages are 24 feet long (240 inches)...so you may need to step down to a short bed, such as a Silverado which is 228 inches (one foot to spare); the long bed Silverado is 246 inches, so take a tape measure with you when you go shopping (note a Colorado is 213 inches long, so that may be the choice as it's easier to fit in, particularly if you have added shelving to you garage)

    no matter how old you are if you own a truck you will always be asked to lend it or you to help some one take there shit to the dump, move, pick up something that won't fit in there sentra. buy a car honda or toyota there all great drive them and pick one that is comfortable and easy to drive, park, handling, colour option... let the wife pick and get a bj or cowgirl out of the deal.

    It’s not that bad, you just say no. Eventually they get the hint.

  19. #19
    Bronze
    Reputation
    55
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    Get a truck, any of the big three are great as long as you maintain them. Honda Ridgeline is for d bags and the tundra is an under powered POS. Their so luxurious, the ride is excellent and they always come in handy. Once you get a truck, you’ll never want to go back to a car. In March 2020, I got an 18 ram 1500 v8 big horn with 25k miles for for 27k out the door. It’s the best decision I ever made. My next truck will be a diesel
    Yes, a truck is a great choice. But $30K will probably limit you to a Ranger or Colorado new, or drop you to a used.

    One thing to check for is the bumper to bumper length...a lot of garages are 24 feet long (240 inches)...so you may need to step down to a short bed, such as a Silverado which is 228 inches (one foot to spare); the long bed Silverado is 246 inches, so take a tape measure with you when you go shopping (note a Colorado is 213 inches long, so that may be the choice as it's easier to fit in, particularly if you have added shelving to you garage)
    Speaking of Ford ranger and Colorados. Those are so small it’s silly. A new midsize truck cost 45-55k don’t think their cheap you can get a full size truck for the same price. They also get terrible gas mileage in real life use. The towing sucks cock,

    The length of a garage is not the issue it’s the garage door a lot of times. You must have a 7’ foot to fit a truck. Older garages tend to have shorter doors. Also, why buy a new one? You can save 20k buying a 2 year old truck with low miles. You can get 20 years out of all 3 major brands. If you want a used Ford you’re looking at 35k though.

    Crew cabs on trucks are way bigger then cars. A 6’2 person can sit comfortably in my back seat without me changing my seat. I’m 5 10.

  20. #20
    Bronze
    Reputation
    55
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    325

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Toyota’s Chief Says Electric Vehicles Are Overhyped
    By desertrunner in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2020, 01:04 PM
  2. Anyone here own a Toyota truck or 4Runner?
    By desertrunner in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2020, 08:55 PM
  3. official toyota solid state battery thread
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2020, 07:09 PM