Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DesertRunner Runs this place

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm saying that there are a few people here trying to give advice on how to better fit in here, and you are taking those as hostile, and responding in an inflammatory fashion. That's my problem.
    Tell them to either scroll past my posts, MYOB or put me on ignore. Problem solved.
    Why should they listen to Druff? You clearly aren’t

Also this has aged well:

Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    desertrunner has made various agreements with me regarding his behavior here, which if he sticks to, should be much less disruptive.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Tell them to either scroll past my posts, MYOB or put me on ignore. Problem solved.
    Why should they listen to Druff? You clearly aren’t
    Because I am not the one starting mob pile threads here and attacking other members. When you see me doing that, hammer me. I stay respectful here and contribute. Im not the problem here and Im trying to get Druff to open his mind and see the wider picture. He knows the son on the school yard example was perfect, so he wont address it. Me- I dont believe in public humiliation attack threads, its lame. I also dont believe in airing your dirty laundry here, not healthy, so I am giving a new perspective.

Lets break it down again- Someone starts an roast/attack thread. The victim defends himself in it. So then the admin takes a hard left turn and brings in a new angle of now its "posts too much". Had this attack thread never been started, the new side issue would have not been introduced. But suddenly, its my fault again, right?

Druff- If you allow attack threads, you gotta let the intended recipient defend himself and not jump in as the admin siding with the mob. Now youre the school yard principle that just broke up the fight and blaming the innocent kid that got suckered punched by the bully and rewarding the bad behavior of the bully and blaming the kid who was the intended victim. What a crappy school principal, right?
    Last edited by desertrunner; 04-28-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm saying that there are a few people here trying to give advice on how to better fit in here, and you are taking those as hostile, and responding in an inflammatory fashion. That's my problem.
    That's not really how it works.

With both the radio show and the forum, I run them more for other people than for myself. Sure, I get something out of them too, but I don't ever want to force something upon people that they hate.

If I get a lot of people complaining that a recurring radio segment sucks, and little positive feedback on the same segment, I will get rid of it, even if I enjoy the topic myself. (This is why bitcoin and poker legalization talk has been reduced to a minimum -- the audience as a whole didn't like it.)

Similarly, if most people on the forum think the same way about something or someone, I need to show some respect to the userbase and try to rectify the problem. If I say, "Tough shit, this is the way it is, deal with it", then everyone will leave. At the same time, if it's just a few people complaining, I still listen, but I'm less likely to jump to action.

I have heard the complaints about you loud and clear. I can understand them, and the users here aren't being unreasonable. In short, you post too much (more than everyone else), and you get hostile when anyone criticizes your posting style. The problem is further worsened by the fact that you're a newer poster here, so you don't even get the benefit of being a longstanding member of the community who is flawed but accepted.

Here you're basically a new guy trying to tell eveyrone else how it is, and that doesn't fly here.

I've never been one to rule the forum with an iron fist. I try to let everyone be themselves, and I don't cave to the mob demanding someone gets banned, just because they're unpopular at the moment.

However, they are raising fair points about your posting habits. If I were to deny it and say that they're just unfairly attacking you, I wouldn't be honest, because I don't feel it's unfair. I fully understand their complaints, and there's a lot of validity to them.

Load Metric
    I SEE DESERTRUNNER STILL OWNING HEADS AND PUTTING YOU FAGS ON THE TILT O WHIRL PER USUAL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I had to do it.

I didn't want to do it, but I had to do it.

desertrunner has been put on post restriction. He is now restricted to 7 posts per day, and cannot create new threads.

This also means he's done for the night, as he has far more than 7 posts today. I'm not sure when the timer resets -- I forget how I designed it years ago. (This wasn't a standard feature in vBulletin, sadly.)

Anyway, sometime tomorrow he can post again, but he can only make 7 posts per day, and no new threads. We'll see how that goes. If it appears he's eventually fitting in better, I'll remove the restriction.

Pains me to have to do this, but for whatever reason he's just not making an effort to fit in with the userbase here, and with everything else going on, I don't want to deal with the stress of this too.

Comments

jsearles22: Todd is God

Sheesfaced: About 4 months late but better late than never

snowtracks: wow druff but not fair

Load Metric
    Well, I had to do it.

desertrunner has been put on post restriction. He is now restricted to 7 posts per day, and cannot create new threads.

This also means he's done for the night, as he has far more than 7 posts today. I'm not sure when the timer resets -- I forget how I designed it years ago. (This wasn't a standard feature in vBulletin, sadly.)

Anyway, sometime tomorrow he can post again, but he can only make 7 posts per day, and no new threads. We'll see how that goes. If it appears he's eventually fitting in better, I'll remove the restriction.

Pains me to have to do this, but for whatever reason he's just not making an effort to fit in with the userbase here, and with everything else going on, I don't want to deal with the stress of this too.
    If someone is post restricted can they just repeatedly edit one of their own posts?

I ask because if you restricted him before posting that you did, then it appears he simply edited a post after that. Not maliciously because it was only a minute apart and he probably wasn’t even aware. I was more wondering than anything.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Almost posted a few hours ago at least we haven't seen p**o in awhile. There went that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Well, I had to do it.

If someone is post restricted can they just repeatedly edit one of their own posts?

I ask because if you restricted him before posting that you did, then it appears he simply edited a post after that. Not maliciously because it was only a minute apart and he probably wasn’t even aware. I was more wondering than anything.
    Yes, there's a few-hour window for editing posts, and post-restricted people can do it too.

However, if this is abused in order to circumvent the post restriction, I'll take that away. If he's simply editing one of his posts because he wants to edit something, that's fine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Imagine if desert boy was black and and stopped for driving with a broken tail light.
    When everyone else is the problem it’s you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Imagine if desert boy was black and and stopped for driving with a broken tail light.
    When everyone else is the problem it’s you.
    Name:  NINTCHDBPICT000498512333.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  49.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trust me, I wish desertrunner was as good of a PFA poster as he is a friend.

I really do like the guy as a person, but he's just not "getting it" with PFA. It's also too bad because sometimes he brings some good stuff here. Even some of his news links were decent, such as the NY Post editorial he used for bumping the Stern thread. That's good stuff. If that was him all the time here, there would be no complaints (as long as he didn't overpost).

Oh well.

Load Metric
    Well, I had to do it.

HE WAS A GOOD BOY

HE DINDU NUFFIN

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    If I preached anything while raising my kids it was, “root for the underdog”. Have some empathy for those who are unlucky.

Druff will teach his son to “bet” the underdog.

It is against my nature to pick on those who are challenged. I have been silent on the desertrunner thing.

Something just felt off. I suspected that Druff’s relationship was more of a sponsor. I have my desertrunners too. However, Druff doesn’t seem too inspired to spare his feelings - so fuck it.

Here’s an example - the explanation is plain to me
    Ask yourself, how can a guy who is a friend of Druff’s for 10 years not be familiar with “Dex” & Tyde?

If I had a friend who had a radio show I suspect I might give it a listen. If I liked Druff I probably would listen often. It would be impossible to have missed Drexel. Likewise, if he ran a forum and I lurked for years how could I not be exposed to Tyde? The 5 most notable characters in in the forum trilogy would certainly include Tyde.

I do not think desertrunner has any idea who comprises this forum and why. The shared experience and history. The history resulting in “made” guys. Guys who made this fucking thing worth reading and following. Because he is oblivious he has zero respect. Id rather he thanked them and went on his way.

He is not wired to pick up social queues.

His posts about objects and his struggle to navigate any kind of community whether in the real world or PFA are painful. You even had The_Shrink finally forced to his knees - forced to declare the obvious diagnosis.

DR’s fumbling around with the Tyde issue is cringeworthy. A little frightening cause you don’t know just how off he might be. I feel bad for the guy. I feel bad for anyone who still reads this shit. If Druff restricted or banned desertrunner he might have spared him. It would sting a little but now it’s out of control. I’m not real sure Druff scores high in the empathy department.

My take is that Druff is coincidentally sacrificing his buddy for forum drama. It’s gone on far too long. It’s a “forum hits” strategy that has backfired.

Desertrunner isn’t the singular problem with PFA. He’s more of a symptom of the illness.

I’m gonna feel bad when I push “submit” but I’ve been quiet and I won’t comment again.

Comments

d1sposition: I really miss reading your discussions in the Wagering thread. Please come back Sanlmar.

JACKDANIELS: yup

The Shrink: yes

Sheesfaced: Excellent post

Jayjami:

IamGreek:

tony bagadonuts:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-28-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Lol, I push submit and Druff acted seconds before.

Screw it. I enter it into evidence.

Load Metric

DesertRunner Runs this place

I really do like the guy as a person, but he's just not "getting it" with PFA. It's also too bad because sometimes he brings some good stuff here. Even some of his news links were decent, such as the NY Post editorial he used for bumping the Stern thread. That's good stuff. If that was him all the time here, there would be no complaints (as long as he didn't overpost).

Oh well.
    Again, it was not me that started this thread. I did not attack anyone, so the goal post had to be moved to find a violation and it was suddenly- “he posted too much today”. Um, yeah, I responded to this specific thread with all of the posts written about me, hence the rise in posts for today only. To be honest, Druff had to side with the rage mob to retain credibility here or lose it.

Think of this thread as a prison and Druff is the head warden. The rage mob of inmates attacked an innocent prisoner and then it comes down to the warden who wants to stay in good with the prison population, so he disciplines the single innocent prisoner instead of the mob members that started the event.

Again, I didn’t start this thread, I didn’t attack anyone, I didn’t break any board rules, but the mob had to be satisfied or the admin would take the next mob hit and lose face. Never, ever bend a knee to the rage mob, never sell out. If the school principal sided with the bullies on the school yard against Druff’s son, THEN he would be pissed and throw the BS flag.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well I guess it must have reset already. Maybe it happened at midnight EDT?

I really forget how I made this thing work all those years ago, and I don't feel like digging into the code to figure it out.

But I guess that's 1 of the 7 above.

Load Metric

Again, it was not me that started this thread. I did not attack anyone, so the goal post had to be moved to find a violation and it was suddenly- “he posted too much today”. Um, yeah, I responded to this specific thread with all of the posts written about me, hence the rise in posts for today only. To be honest, Druff had to side with the rage mob to retain credibility here or lose it.

Think of this thread as a prison and Druff is the head warden. The rage mob of inmates attacked an innocent prisoner and then it comes down to the warden who wants to stay in good with the prison population, so he disciplines the single innocent prisoner instead of the mob members that started the event.

Again, I didn’t start this thread, I didn’t attack anyone, I didn’t break any board rules, but the mob had to be satisfied if the admin would take the next mob hit. Never, even bend a knee to the rage mob.
    The timer must reset sometime between 9:46 PM and 10:29 PM Pacific Time. You're welcome.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

DesertRunner Runs this place

I really forget how I made this thing work all those years ago, and I don't feel like digging into the code to figure it out.

I actually knew the EDT question was going to come up here when my post was seen.

But Druff, am I wrong or are we gonna to turn a blind eye to the logic? If I am wrong, I will admit and accept it. Can you respond to any example I’ve given above? I think the prison warden example is perfect. Or the school yard bully.

I love breaking down events to people in the simplest of terms and then see the “Ah ha” look in their faces. It’s just something I love doing.

Again, I didn’t start this thread, I didn’t attack anyone, I didn’t break any posted group rules and my post count is high because I responded to all of the attack posts in here. So then we move the goal posts and change the charge to justify some sort of discipline. Does that seem fair to you at all? I’m just curious.

Comments

Drexel: 5 left. Better learn to make them

igotnotoe: COUNT MOTHERFUCKER
    Last edited by desertrunner; 04-28-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Oh well.

Again, I didn’t start this thread, I didn’t attack anyone, I didn’t break any board rules, but the mob had to be satisfied or the admin would take the next mob hit and lose face. Never, ever bend a knee to the rage mob, never sell out. If the school principal sided with the bullies on the school yard against Druff’s son, THEN he would be pissed and throw the BS flag.
    Name:  6160606C-4587-4601-9DE2-54078F9FE612.gif
Views: 237
Size:  31.8 KB

Load Metric

I actually knew the EDT question was going to come up here when my post was seen.

But Druff, am I wrong or are we gonna to turn a blind eye to the logic? If I am wrong, I will admit and accept it. Can you respond to any example I’ve given above? I think the prison warden example is perfect. Or the school yard bully.

I love breaking down events to people in the simplest of terms and then see the “Ah ha” look in their faces. It’s just something I love doing.

Again, I didn’t start this thread, I didn’t attack anyone, I didn’t break any posted group rules and my post count is high because I responded to all of the attack posts in here. So then we move the goal posts and change the charge to justify some sort of discipline. Does that seem fair to you at all? I’m just curious.
    LOL this socially clueless pedo AIDS faggot cuck.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information