Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: DesertRunner Runs this place

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

I honestly do not want to fit in, I am different from most of the regulars here. That is by design and because we are cut from a different cloth. To be honest, I have been on the internet too since the 1980s and my mode of operation is not to attack or dox others. I might troll and joke here, but I will never do the attack thing thats allowed here, not my way.
    Well the problem is that I can't have you "not fitting in" to the point where you constantly piss everyone off, or otherwise the vast majority of people will leave. That's the reason for the "no dominating the forum" rule -- so an overzealous poster can't take over the place and make it all about him.

I know you're not meaning badly, but at the same time, you're avoiding trying to understand what everyone's problem is here with you, and why I have to take action for the good of this forum's present and future.

Also, this probably isn't the best use of your 7 posts, as they won't reset for another 24 hours. Unless my recent work is buggy, too, which is always possible.
    I like how you argue with him after the restriction, thereby making him burn up his daily post allotment. Solid strat dude

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm pro desertrunner and pro mumbles and pro dwai

Comments

nunbeater: you're retarded but I love you

splitthis: I’m pro zap

dwai:

Load Metric

I honestly do not want to fit in, I am different from most of the regulars here. That is by design and because we are cut from a different cloth. To be honest, I have been on the internet too since the 1980s and my mode of operation is not to attack or dox others. I might troll and joke here, but I will never do the attack thing thats allowed here, not my way.
    Well the problem is that I can't have you "not fitting in" to the point where you constantly piss everyone off, or otherwise the vast majority of people will leave. That's the reason for the "no dominating the forum" rule -- so an overzealous poster can't take over the place and make it all about him.

I know you're not meaning badly, but at the same time, you're avoiding trying to understand what everyone's problem is here with you, and why I have to take action for the good of this forum's present and future.

Also, this probably isn't the best use of your 7 posts, as they won't reset for another 24 hours. Unless my recent work is buggy, too, which is always possible.
    I'm sure he'll learn this time!

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Come on Druff, let me make 1-2 threads. I didnt deserve the banning as I have said several times in this thread, I didnt really do anything here.
    JFC man...every time I come in these threads you have not moved an inch. You need to just accept what happened and move forward. Druff isn’t punishing you...he did you a fucking favor. You clearly couldn’t make a change in your posting habits. So now you are forced to do so. He clearly didn’t want to have to do it. He had no other choice.

Stop trying to re-litigate the past. What’s done is done. So you can’t start a thread, big fucking deal. You are getting 7 posts a day, so make them count. Don’t waste them saying the same old shit over and over again about how unfair this has been to you.

There are certain posters here that will be dicks to you regardless of what you post. You tell people to just ignore your posts, but you don’t take your own advice and always fall for the bait.

We all have shit we deal with that we feel we don’t deserve. You have made that point endlessly. We all know you believe you haven’t done anything to warrant all the heat. It’s recorded in these thread dozens of times.

Make the most of your 7 posts each day. This shit has become tiresome.
    Dude- SFTU and MYOB, no one asked you.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric

Name:  D4A06C75-06EF-4FC1-8646-A0D23C5B24EB.png
Views: 334
Size:  7.4 KB
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric

JFC man...every time I come in these threads you have not moved an inch. You need to just accept what happened and move forward. Druff isn’t punishing you...he did you a fucking favor. You clearly couldn’t make a change in your posting habits. So now you are forced to do so. He clearly didn’t want to have to do it. He had no other choice.

Stop trying to re-litigate the past. What’s done is done. So you can’t start a thread, big fucking deal. You are getting 7 posts a day, so make them count. Don’t waste them saying the same old shit over and over again about how unfair this has been to you.

There are certain posters here that will be dicks to you regardless of what you post. You tell people to just ignore your posts, but you don’t take your own advice and always fall for the bait.

We all have shit we deal with that we feel we don’t deserve. You have made that point endlessly. We all know you believe you haven’t done anything to warrant all the heat. It’s recorded in these thread dozens of times.

YOU FUCK. YOU FAIRY. YOU COMPANY MAN.

DRUFF UNBANNED BECAUSE YOU’RE HERE TO HELP US!!! NOT TO FUCK US UP. IS THAT CLEAR TO YOU???

Comments

JeffDime: The leads are weak rep

tony bagadonuts: Coffee's for closers only

nunbeater: What's my name? FUCK YOU is my name
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    My bad, I didn’t realize that you specifically asked every other poster in this thread for their opinion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, this just isn't working out. I tried. I really did.

I tried a 48-hour transfer to a custom forum.

I tried a 48-hour ban.

I tried a post restriction.

I tried making rules against calling people pedos.

I tried making more rules against posting black/asian couple spam.

None of it worked. We are back at square one, and even gentle JeffDime is being attacked.

While I like desertrunner personally, and while I even like some of the content he brought to the forum, a few things are clear:

1) He is making zero effort to get along with anyone here.

2) He is refusing to understand why people here have an issue with his posting style.

3) He is viewing the entire thing through the lens of what he thinks PFA should be, rather than the way it actually is. You simply can't do that when you are new to a community. You adjust to it -- it doesn't adjust to you.

Therefore, it is clear to me that no matter how many restrictions, rules, and temp bans I lay down, we will get the same result -- chaos and irritation of the userbase.

Thus, I must make the painful decision to ban desertrunner. It gives me no pleasure to do this, and while I will still maintain a friendship with him outside of PFA, his time at PFA has come to an end.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Let all flashlights shine at half brightness tonight.

Comments

jsearles22: Way too slow. But never to late to make the right decision

JeffDime: My post to him was really a final effort at a wake up call. I knew if he responded the way he did it was officially hopeless. You had no choice.

MumblesBadly: Finally! That tool was stealing my “Worst Poster on PFA” thunder.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    getting along with people is gay af, unban desertrunner and let him do his thing

Comments

splitthis: Af

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I tried a 48-hour ban.

None of it worked. We are back at square one, and even gentle JeffDime is being attacked.

While I like desertrunner personally, and while I even like some of the content he brought to the forum, a few things are clear:

2) He is refusing to understand why people here have an issue with his posting style.

3) He is viewing the entire thing through the lens of what he thinks PFA should be, rather than the way it actually is. You simply can't do that when you are new to a community. You adjust to it -- it doesn't adjust to you.

Therefore, it is clear to me that no matter how many restrictions, rules, and temp bans I lay down, we will get the same result -- chaos and irritation of the userbase.

Thus, I must make the painful decision to ban desertrunner. It gives me no pleasure to do this, and while I will still maintain a friendship with him outside of PFA, his time at PFA has come to an end.

If he goes, I stay

Comments

Sheesfaced: lol

Load Metric

come on Dwuff please let me make more thweads

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

garrett: lol

jsearles22: Yes!!!

Sheesfaced:

nunbeater: appropriate
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric

May this final post live on in infamy for all of time. He was DesertRunner first of his name. He was House Faggot, king of the flashlights and maker of threads. Protector of all that was good and fair. He refused to bend the knee.

Comments

lol wow: siiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzle

MumblesBadly: I DID buy a new flashlight after reading that thread. But that’s about it.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I just threw all of my flashlights into a bonfire to protest DR becoming a victim of cancel culture.

Load Metric

I tried a 48-hour ban.

VERY SAD DAY IN PFA HISTORY! BANNING.. DELETING POSTS... DRUFF CAVING INTO THE LONG TIME LEFT WING GARBAGE POSTERS... STOOPING DOWN TO THE CANCEL CULTURE GROWD!!!

BRING BACK DESERTRUNNER AND LET THE FORUM FIX ITS SELF LIKE IT HAS DONE 100 TIMES SINCE THE START.

REMMEBER BUT HURT SONATINE AND EVEN THE GREAT ZOD.. DREX WHO STABBED YOU IN THE BACK TWO OR THREE TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND THEY ALL CAME BACK .

Comments

dwai: SNOWTRACKS IS GOD

splitthis: Snowy is Godlike

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post

I tried a 48-hour ban.

VERY SAD DAY IN PFA HISTORY! BANNING.. DELETING POSTS... DRUFF CAVING INTO THE LONG TIME LEFT WING GARBAGE POSTERS... STOOPING DOWN TO THE CANCEL CULTURE GROWD!!!

BRING BACK DESERTRUNNER AND LET THE FORUM FIX ITS SELF LIKE IT HAS DONE 100 TIMES SINCE THE START.

REMMEBER BUT HURT SONATINE AND EVEN THE GREAT ZOD.. DREX WHO STABBED YOU IN THE BACK TWO OR THREE TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND THEY ALL CAME BACK .

very sad day indeed

Load Metric
    DESERT RUNNER HAS BEEN CARRYING THIS PLACE TODGE

Load Metric

I tried a 48-hour ban.

Lol at being real life friends with a racist, maladjusted goon who doesn't even respect you.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Lol at being real life friends with a racist, maladjusted goon who doesn't even respect you.
    None of this is true... and a look at how he talked about me on the forum definitely shows he respects me. In fact, people even made fun of him for his constant positivity about me.

He just has a hard time relating to this community, and has a hard time understanding why people have issues with his posts here. That's part of the reason I gave him a long rope... he didn't mean badly. I've known the guy for 11 years and can say this for certain.

However, he also wasn't willing to try to see it from everyone else's point of view, so I had to ban him, as much as it pained me to do.

I'm sure you and others have people in your lives to where something similar would happen if a real life friend found a forum like PFA. It's just not for anyone.

Thread Information