Thread: Interesting Done And Dash Stories?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver
    Load Metric

Interesting Done And Dash Stories?

Paul Gonzalez, a man who signed up on multiple Dating Websites with the sole purpose of getting free dinners did this at least 20 times. He would set up a blind date at a Restaurant on say Plenty Of Fish Dating Website. On the blind date, he would order expensive food and drinks and drink and eat , go to the bathroom or answer a call and not come back, leaving his Blind Dates to pay for both of their meals. His scam was exposed when one of his early Victims, er, "Date," reported him on Social Media with his picture and it went really viral. His scam got so much attention, his face showed or still shows up on Google's first page under Dine And Dash! LOL. He was arrested for Defrauding Innkeepers although technically he didn't ACTUALLY commit Dine And Dashes since he left someone to pay the bill. Some Restaurant Owners/Managers felt extremely sorry for the ditched Woman and paid the Deadbeat eater's bill and only charged her for what she actually ordered, which was extremely nice. It turned out Paul also got a haircut and a hair color job at a Salon and ran without paying and even left with the smock! O.O

In another interesting Dine And Dash story, two Women and two men racked up like $300 at a Restaurant.... They all walked out on the bill when it was time to pay, but the two men drove off and left their dates at the Restaurant unexpectedly. The Women claimed their boyfriends were treating them and turned on them and abandoned them when it was time to pay and they didn't have the $300 to pay.... The Manager called the Police and one of the Women "Miraculously," found a Credit Card she "Forgot," she had and paid the entire bill but left NO tip.... All four were banned after that for attempting to dine and dash.

Comments

1marley1: also yikes

Drawingdead:

go_buccos: Fascinating

JACKDANIELS: KAREN NATHAN

garrett: Patterns.. I actually like Karen Nathan another good noob imo, or is woulda greened this lol

FRANKRIZZO:

The Boz: Total lie, like everything you post.
    Last edited by Karen Nathan; 04-27-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Load Metric
    DONE AND DASHING IS GOD

Comments

The Shrink: din't be an asshole, some people cun't spell

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    DONE AND DASHING IS GOD
    lmfao...

Wish I had rep left youd be getting a green here for this one. This made me rofl, and first time I've ever heard, done and dash lol. Which actually makes sense too, fn hilarious actually dwai gets it =)..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We already covered that first story, Karen, complete with incompetent Los Angeles police work: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...and-blocks-her

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We already covered that first story, Karen, complete with incompetent Los Angeles police work: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...and-blocks-her
    My OP also covered another attempted Dine and Dash were Women claimed the Men were going to pay and abandoned them...

Silver
    Load Metric
    DONE AND DASHING IS GOD

For some weird reason, my Auto Correct put "Done," when I actually wrote "Dine," in the Title and I couldn't edit the title when I realized what Auto Correct had done....

Load Metric
    Sort it out Karen

Comments

The Shrink: .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    I’ve dine and dashed once in my life. Though dash isn’t necessarily accurate. About 15 years ago I took my 7-8 yr old nephew to a Chinese buffet. It’s one where you pay after you eat. We are, went up to pay and no one was at the register. I waited about 5 mins and then flagged down a waitress. She spoke nearly zero English. I pointed at the cashier, waved my debit card around etc. She appeared to understand and went to the back. 5 more mins go by and there is a line forming now. Same scenario plays out with the couple behind me. After about 15 mins I say fuck it and leave. I would have thrown a $20 on the counter or whatever but I had no cash.

Not surprisingly the place closed shortly thereafter. It’s now an amazing Japanese steakhouse which is my middle sons favorite place. So it all worked out.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: shocking
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had a situation once, similar to jsearles', regarding dining and dashing, in the mid-2000s.

It was at Bubba Gump Shrimp on the Santa Monica Pier, with my then-girlfriend Miri.

Service was suuuuuuuuuuuuper slow the entire way. Like among the worst I ever had. At the end, we were sitting there for eternity when it came time to pay. After nobody came to present the bill, I had enough. I got up to look for someone to help me. The waitress was nowhere to be found, so I grabbed the first server I encountered and told them of the situation, and they got the manager for me.

After about 10 minutes more passed (I was very close to just walking out), the manager finally came. "Oh... I'm sorry, but your server has to close out the bill, and she's on break now," I was told.

This wasn't any kind of passive-aggressive jab against me. We hadn't had any issues there and hadn't complained about anything. The whole place was just a giant clusterfuck.

I told the manager that I absolutely refused to wait any longer. "I'm stating right now that I'm willing to pay what I owe. But I'm not waiting any longer. You're the manager. Either find a way to print my bill and accept payment, or I'm leaving. You can't hold me hostage here because you're refusing to take my payment in a timely fashion."

The manager kept asking me to "just please wait a little longer" and I refused. I told her I had waited like 45 minutes already, and was done.

After about 5 minutes of arguing, the manager actually erased my bill, as there was no way she could take it in place of the server (!!). I was actually in a generous mood, and was willing to still tip, but not that waitress.

"You know... I would like to tip someone, but not this server, who was terrible and absent," I said. "Can I give this to you to give this to the guys who wash dishes in the back, or some of the assistant cooks?"

"Ohhhh, sorry, that's against our policy," she replied.

"Okay, see ya", I said, and walked out without tipping.

Comments

desertrunner: Druff has the best stories.

Load Metric

Interesting Done And Dash Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    DONE AND DASHING IS GOD

For some weird reason, my Auto Correct put "Done," when I actually wrote "Dine," in the Title and I couldn't edit the title when I realized what Auto Correct had done....
    This also often happens to me here as well. Auto correct is hell.

Thread Information