Thread: Cash.App Strategy Help Needed

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Cash.App Strategy Help Needed

I have a small balance on Cash.App in Bitcoin ($1,100) and for weeks I have wanted to send it to my Gemini account. I put a small amount into Cash.App many years a ago to see how it works and forgot about it. Coincidentally it was recommended to me by a young turk at a WSOP Circuit Event for playing on Bovada. More years prior I had a Coinbase account but that got shutdown by Coinbase when I transferred Coinbase Bitcoin to Bovada. I am now aware of having your own wallet in between which I have.

My Cash.App account still says "Identity Verification Pending". They do not respond timely to support cases. Yesterday I had some communication via email and Twitter and direct messaging but that has gone quiet. There is no way to get a history of your support cases.

I am now burning massive energy being pissed off and angry and repeating "How can a legitimate company they get away with this criminal behavior".

I think I can sell all of Bitcoin / convert it to cash on Cash.APP and then transfer my cash out, close the account and never ever think of Cash.App.

Should I spend more energy trying to get revenge in some way? Suggestions appreciated.

*I am frequent Poker Fraud Alert Podcast listener but have not been active on the forum.

Load Metric

Wink

Once Druff sees this I’m sure he will offer guidance. He knows this stuff in and out. I would just say, regardless of having to put up with bullshit, it’s always nice to come across money that you forgot you had. Don’t let it tilt you. You’ll get it.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thank you Jeff. This was found money. Agree that this would be in Druff's wheelhouse. I am burning energy and am thinking "can I file a criminal complaint?" Cash.APP is owned by Square. They are a member of: https://www.sipc.org/ and I called them, they picked up the phone and referred me to the SEC at 800-732-0330 #6 and there is an online complaint form and I will do that -https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html

Does anybody here have Chuck Rhodes cell number (LOL).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hms350 View Post
    Thank you Jeff. This was found money. Agree that this would be in Druff's wheelhouse. I am burning energy and am thinking "can I file a criminal complaint?" Cash.APP is owned by Square. They are a member of: https://www.sipc.org/ and I called them, they picked up the phone and referred me to the SEC at 800-732-0330 #6 and there is an online complaint form and I will do that -https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html

Does anybody here have Chuck Rhodes cell number (LOL).
    You are the one I played with at the 2019 WSOP, right?

Anyway, since Cash App has a phone support number, I'd start there. Call (800) 969-1940 during business hours, and aggressively but politley demand to get this resolved right away.

The best thing about phone support is you can keep pressing if they give you crap answers, whereas with e-mail you're at their mercy of getting quality responses (which you often don't).

I wouldn't bother with the SEC yet, because that process is going to be slow, and Cash App can make up all kinds of bullshit about why they're holding up your identity verification. I'm not saying you shouldn't go forward with the complaint, but I'm saying that I'd try the phone number first.

If you get someone foreign, ask to be transferred to a US rep (this may or may not be possilbe -- I've never called them). If you get someone on the phone who sounds clueless, immediately ask for a supervisor or manager.

Let us know how it goes.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thank you sir. We did play together at the 2019 WSOP and I had some pieces of you. Hoping to get back on the felt sometime soon. I have been playing with a group that runs most every night a lower cost mixed game buy in tournament on PokerStars Home Games. Has been a Good experience learning 2-7 for the 8 Game mix that I want to play at the WSOP. I am also a big fan of Stud 8. I have played HORSE at the WSOP Circuit events and 08 / Stud 8 when they have it. Recall you mentioning an interest in mixed games.

I just Googled and got the phone number you provided, I assumed there was not one. I did call and they are not open during non business hours. I work in technology and absolutely understand how key it is to cut losses on calls when you get realize the person on the other end is not going to help or there is a communication issue. Unfortunately these days we have too many painful experiences having to navigate customer service and tech support. Frequently channel your Podcast customer service rants.

Recently we had a surprisingly good customer service experience with a US Automaker that has horrific customer service. Customer Service has no correlation with stock price. We have had a vehicle for several years before they changed there customer service and you do everything via an APP. Using the APP is fantastic when it works but at times you just need to speak with a human and not sure they get that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let me know how it goes when you call it on Monday or whenever. My only advice would be to refuse to take no for an answer, and to try to escalate the call to a higher person very quickly -- preferably in the US.

Customer service in general has gone to shit since 2020. Many companies are hiding behind COVID, and did away with their phone support "for our employees' protection", which in reality means they're just being cheap. You're correct that customer service is mostly usless if you can't talk live to a human being on the phone.

Thread Information