Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegan diet

Load Metric

Vegan diet

So, apparently cows are fucking up the planet along with too many people. Doing research on veganism and planning to switch over May-ish. I want to use up stuff I already have and use this time to slowly eliminate animal food sources as I run out.

I will miss dairy, but seems it causes inflammation and other nasty things in the body.

Biggest concern is securing adequate protein, calcium, iron.

Will be interesting to see if my ability to donate plasma will wain.

Also interested in how energy will be affected. A lady I know at the gym says energy will skyrocket which I cannot fathom since my energy is already good.

Druff if there is ever a time to let Katie back to help advise, it is now. Ty.

Comments

IamGreek: Good Luck!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    if you go vegan but don't tell the internet about it, did you really go vegan?

Comments

splitthis: Yes

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    one of the things i kinda miss about living in NYC is the ubiquitous proximity to Ethiopian food, much of which is not just vegan but raw and generally seasoned/spiced to perfection.

Comments

splitthis: Won’t do restaurants, but will look up Ethiopian recipes ty.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    So, apparently cows are fucking up the planet along with too many people. Doing research on veganism and planning to switch over May-ish. I want to use up stuff I already have and use this time to slowly eliminate animal food sources as I run out.

I will miss dairy, but seems it causes inflammation and other nasty things in the body.

Also interested in how energy will be affected. A lady I know at the gym says energy will skyrocket which I cannot fathom since my energy is already good.

know a few people tried this they looked literally sic after 4 months mainly lack of a decent protein that fits the diet. I literally pleaded with them to eat eggs as they are (the way we get them) would never become a chicken because they are not fertilized (non viable) This would have made there diet work much better. so Split this is my suggestion to you, Im sure chicken farts are not the best for the environment but if i under stand correctly you would have to eat a bath tub full of beans to equal the amount of protein that is in a dozen eggs... something like that.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I did the opposite a while back eating just meat. Enjoyable going down and almost as good coming out. Perfect shits. Toilet paper feh

Comments

splitthis: There is someone at gym who also does that plus vegetables

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

know a few people tried this they looked literally sic after 4 months mainly lack of a decent protein that fits the diet. I literally pleaded with them to eat eggs as they are (the way we get them) would never become a chicken because they are not fertilized (non viable) This would have made there diet work much better. so Split this is my suggestion to you, Im sure chicken farts are not the best for the environment but if i under stand correctly you would have to eat a bath tub full of beans to equal the amount of protein that is in a dozen eggs... something like that.
    Friend at the gym who is vegan is buff, will weigh and measure myself when full vegan and plasma measures protein before donation so will be a good indicator. She says she takes some supplements so will find out what, really won’t go for too much supplements though, defeats purpose to me.

Good advice about eggs and if something goes south will definitely add, ty. Chickens really aren’t as harmful as cows due to their grazing needs and farts. Will be interesting to see what changes in me both physically and energy wise.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: hope it goes well
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    If Jesus didn’t want us to eat animals he wouldn’t have made them out of meat..

Name:  07B8C26E-A4E2-4701-B95E-460BD72775F7.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  4.09 MB

Lamb of God indeed.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: :yes

nunbeater: damn

Baron Von Strucker: nice cast iron pans

desertrunner: Winning.

Load Metric
    Eat cow or drink their milk and become as fat as a COW.

Load Metric
    Also interested in how energy will be affected. A lady I know at the gym says energy will skyrocket

Maybe if you replace the meat with 8 cups of coffee a day.

Load Metric
    My Daughter went Vegan last year and has been doing well with it. I tried it for a few days over Thanksgiving last year when she came home from University. I felt good for the first few days. Then, I started to feel week and irritable. And, I had no energy during my runs. I broke down and ate a filet and felt sooo much better. That was all she wrote on that experiment. Doesn't work for me.

I have greatly lowered my dairy intake and feel that is a good thing. But, lean meat protein is working for me. I really could tell the difference during my runs, especially when powering up and over bridges.

You will most likely need some supplement of some sort. Consult with a doctor of course, who can help with the dietary suggestions.

Good luck with it.

Comments

splitthis: Don’t want supplements, defeats purpose, food is best.

Load Metric
    Gonna remove dairy first for a month and see what changes I feel. Cows go second, for another month and will keep eliminating meats with fish and eggs being last to go.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Gonna remove dairy first for a month and see what changes I feel. Cows go second, for another month and will keep eliminating meats with fish and eggs being last to go.
    I noticed huge effects when I minimized dairy products, still have it here and there but eat it sparingly when I do. I bet you'll be surprised, especially if you eat a lot of it.

I've been vegetarian for 10 years, but not for faggy PETA reasons at all; I don't give a shit about animals beyond dogs. But when I lived in Nepal for a couple of years, I got SUPER sick for like a month. Before that, was eating meat but it was much richer due to not being processed at all and I wasn't really liking it. After recovering from the stomach issue, I simply lost my taste for it which has continued.

It's weird; things like BBQ still smell really good to me but doesn't arouse hunger at all. I lost weight and kept much of it off but didn't notice an energy difference from no meat.

Let us know how it goes. The only shift in my blood work was lower iron levels, which is leveled out by daily supplements.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Long time question I have had- Has anyone ever gone half Vegan? I would like to do this where I alternate my lunch and dinner between half vegan and meat. Example- Beef sandwich at lunch and rice and vegetables for dinner.

Seems easy enough and something I want to move forward on eventually.

Load Metric
    Once you go Vegan, you never go back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Long time question I have had- Has anyone ever gone half Vegan? I would like to do this where I alternate my lunch and dinner between half vegan and meat. Example- Beef sandwich at lunch and rice and vegetables for dinner.

If you want to go "Half Vegan", just eat a Burger with all of the fixins.

Load Metric

Pure genius, the half Vegan diet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I noticed huge effects when I minimized dairy products, still have it here and there but eat it sparingly when I do. I bet you'll be surprised, especially if you eat a lot of it.

I've been vegetarian for 10 years, but not for faggy PETA reasons at all; I don't give a shit about animals beyond dogs. But when I lived in Nepal for a couple of years, I got SUPER sick for like a month. Before that, was eating meat but it was much richer due to not being processed at all and I wasn't really liking it. After recovering from the stomach issue, I simply lost my taste for it which has continued.

It's weird; things like BBQ still smell really good to me but doesn't arouse hunger at all. I lost weight and kept much of it off but didn't notice an energy difference from no meat.

Let us know how it goes. The only shift in my blood work was lower iron levels, which is leveled out by daily supplements.
    Will do, hopefully will be enough giving up dairy and beef. The reason I am pursuing is the info that dairy is related to inflammation. When I wake up I can’t close my hands into a fist for a bit. To me, this is an inflammatory issue and if diet changes will fix, it is worth it.

I currently eat a lot of dairy so will be interesting. I will miss it. Beef I could care less about and won’t miss. Definitely not willing to lose my energy getting rid of it all so steps is best.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or not, but I’m not saying it is genius, rather an idea.

A real consideration- What is a stroke, a blockage in the brain. What is typically the blockage- a piece of fat. My concern is a piece of fat from ground beef. Reducing 50% of the fat intake is not a bad idea.

True story- I had a friend retire from public safety because at age 46 he went home and had a serious stroke. Good guy, healthy and none of use would have ever suspected it.

For me, cutting out 50% of my meat intake is easy to do and good prevention. And again, it’s just an idea, I’m not pushing it here or hailing it as something special.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or not, but I’m not saying it is genius, rather an idea.

A real consideration- What is a stroke, a blockage in the brain. What is typically the blockage- a piece of fat. My concern is a piece of fat from ground beef. Reducing 50% of the fat intake is not a bad idea.

True story- I had a friend retire from public safety because at age 46 he went home and had a serious stroke. Good guy, healthy and none of use would have ever suspected it.

For me, cutting out 50% of my meat intake is easy to do and good prevention. And again, it’s just an idea, I’m not pushing it here or hailing it as something special.

Lol. Seriously? You being "Half Vegan" is like OSA claiming to be bisexual. It's total bullshit. You either suck dick, or you do NOT suck dick. Henceforth, you either eat meat or you don't eat meat. But, carry on.

Load Metric

Vegan diet

Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Lol. Seriously? You being "Half Vegan" is like OSA claiming to be bisexual. It's total bullshit. You either suck dick, or you do NOT suck dick. Henceforth, you either eat meat or you don't eat meat. But, carry on.
    Fair enough, just a thought. I guess write it up as “reduced meat fat intake”.

I am serious about the stroke prevention part. I bet Druff will start addressing stroke prevention in the future, seems like a topic that right up his alley.

Thread Information