Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanna goto the Philippines?

Load Metric

Wanna goto the Philippines?

As some of you know I have done a little disaster relief work when I get the chance. This time there is a project going on in the Philippines. My org that I work with just extended the project til November, and asked the people who have worked with them before if they want to come out anytime between August 1st and November 20th, when the project ends.

I was thinking maybe someone would want to try and experience this type of thing, and it's the right time in life to try. Since I was into the management part of accepting volunteers, I have the chance to get hooked up in bringing anyone who would want to maybe go. it would help if you had any type of construction/building/art/any skills, but they're not needed at all. It's a great way to learn, and literally the best life experiences I've ever had in my life. I stayed in Haiti for 11 months over a 15 month period, and it was more fun than five years of college.

If you would be interested I'll give you the name of the org, and all the info you'd need. I am planning on going either mid September or early October and possibly staying until the end of the project(It's awesome being there at the end. Lots of smiles and celebration). All the money you would need for this is flight, and if someone wanted to go I would work out a payment plan they could make, and I would purchase the plane tickets in advance.

If you feel the need to flame me for this, enjoy. I just figured maybe someone wanted to have this experience in life, or maybe they don't like the current situation they're in. You can PM me if you want.

FWIW Willie came to Haiti, and we spent a pretty good amount of time together. He can tell you this is legit, and awesome, and a great org.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'd personally pass. If this is legit, then kudos to you.

From a practical perspective what are the main differences or challenges for americans doing this sort of thing in the Phillipines?
    (I can reasonably guess since a friend went to East Timor), do they need any special shots or other issues?

On the be a cunty troll front, if you want to help with a real fucking disaster, Meeeecon could use some help.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    I'd personally pass. If this is legit, then kudos to you.

From a practical perspective what are the main differences or challenges for americans doing this sort of thing in the Phillipines?
    (I can reasonably guess since a friend went to East Timor), do they need any special shots or other issues?

On the be a cunty troll front, if you want to help with a real fucking disaster, Meeeecon could use some help.

It's legit. It's an awesome experience with a very efficient NGO. Not sure yet about what shots you'd need in the Philippines. I know in haiti a tetanus shot, and they give you anti malaria medicine as well. I'd imagine you don't need anything special for Asia. Their is a packing list of other precautionary stuff you should bring. Mosquito nets, bug sprays, sun tan lotions etc. From what I hear the project we have there is CAKE compared to the living conditions we had in Haiti. Electricity and all that super advanced shit.

And no kudos to me for doing this. Seriously, I could never give back as much as I've taken from these experiences. The fact I have the ability to take time off from my home life to do it is just a lucky thing for me, not them. This is the best thing I can think of anyone doing to really get a grip on what you want in life.

Load Metric
    Can you PM me the info about it please?

Load Metric
    if you give this info to 408, i will fucking kill you weiss

Load Metric
    weiss check pm's
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    why willie? its probably the best thing mike can do right now. its a stable, healthy environment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    why willie? its probably the best thing mike can do right now. its a stable, healthy environment.

Are you being sarcastic?

Willie, would you wanna go? What's your schedule like?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    Can you PM me the info about it please?

Will do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Are you being sarcastic?

was joking, mike would just talk about doing it and then never follow through like everything else obv

i wanna go, not sure if i'll have the time though

Load Metric
    mike would pull a slim t the second night there after me or weiss didn't invite him out to drinks after work

one of things that was cool between me and weiss is we didn't cling to one another

he had his group of close friends, i had mine, a lot of them overlapped

i like to drink more than weiss so a lot of the time we'd do our own thing, and then meet up on the roof after the base was locked down for curfew to smoke weed and bullshit

good times

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    mike would pull a slim t the second night there after me or weiss didn't invite him out to drinks after work

one of things that was cool between me and weiss is we didn't cling to one another

i like to drink more than weiss so a lot of the time we'd do our own thing, and then meet up on the roof after the base was locked down for curfew to smoke weed and bullshit

good times

God I miss that roof. Laying out a yoga mat on a clear night, and being so close to the stars you'd think you could touch them. Oh, and the laser pointer I had that went out 5 million yards was fun too...

Load Metric

Are you being sarcastic?

why would that be sarcastic?

mike is having trouble, serious trouble, interfacing with society on any meaningful level. he needs a simple life, a roof over his head, and a schedule that keeps him busy doing shit other than vomiting endless amounts of brain damaged stupidity on internet forums. mark my words; in 3 years hes going to be married to a decent flip 6, taking escrima classes to unwind, and have a lot of good friends he made at sunday mass.

the best case scenario for him if he continues on the road hes slithering down now is jail by then.

Load Metric

good times

God I miss that roof. Laying out a yoga mat on a clear night, and being so close to the stars you'd think you could touch them. Oh, and the laser pointer I had that went out 5 million yards was fun too...
    was letting my dog out to shit the other night..

walked outside, looked up and saw three stars

such fucking bullshit

that roof had a planetarium like view of the stars, it was so sick

kinda hard to be an asshole when you can look up at a million stars and realize you ain't shit and the world is a hell of a lot bigger than you will ever even able to comprehend

Load Metric

Are you being sarcastic?

mike is having trouble, serious trouble, interfacing with society on any meaningful level. he needs a simple life, a roof over his head, and a schedule that keeps him busy doing shit other than vomiting endless amounts of brain damaged stupidity on internet forums. mark my words; in 3 years hes going to be married to a decent flip 6, taking escrima classes to unwind, and have a lot of good friends he made at sunday mass.

the best case scenario for him if he continues on the road hes slithering down now is jail by then.

Was just a question. Disaster areas are super draining on the brain. You see a lot of tragic things day in and day out. the beauty and the bottom are seen every single day. It's quite the emotional ride. Some people think it's not a good place for someone who's not in a good spot in life. I personally think it's the exact opposite. It's a mental struggle, but when you survive it you come out for the better

Load Metric

Are you being sarcastic?

the best place for him then would be an organization where he doesn't know anyone

i'd be damned if i had my experience tainted by an unstable person following me around paradise wanting to talk about a thread on an internet forum

Load Metric

was letting my dog out to shit the other night..

walked outside, looked up and saw three stars

such fucking bullshit

that roof had a planetarium like view of the stars, it was so sick

kinda hard to be an asshole when you can look up at a million stars and realize you ain't shit and the world is a hell of a lot bigger than you will ever even able to comprehend
    Especially when you're surrounded by hot girls from every country in the world.

Load Metric

Was just a question. Disaster areas are super draining on the brain. You see a lot of tragic things day in and day out. the beauty and the bottom are seen every single day. It's quite the emotional ride. Some people think it's not a good place for someone who's not in a good spot in life. I personally think it's the exact opposite. It's a mental struggle, but when you survive it you come out for the better
    I agree 100%. He needs healthy distractions and real work not the 24/7 pity party he has put together in place of a real adult life.

Load Metric

I agree 100%. He needs healthy distractions and real work not the 24/7 pity party he has put together in place of a real adult life.

Yeah, I could just see how someone would've been sarcastic there, and how someone could be genuine there.

In the org I work with they make you take a three day mental health break away from the base every thirty days you're there. It actually turns out to be some of the best parts of your experience, because usually other people's time there alligns with yours and you have to plan a three day trip on a whim. It usually involves a lot of hiking, camping, or for me, hotel staying

Load Metric

Yeah, I could just see how someone would've been sarcastic there, and how someone could be genuine there.

In the org I work with they make you take a three day mental health break away from the base every thirty days you're there. It actually turns out to be some of the best parts of your experience, because usually other people's time there alligns with yours and you have to plan a three day trip on a whim. It usually involves a lot of hiking, camping, or for me, hotel staying
    lol, funniest shit ever

weiss has been back in haiti for like 3 hours and i hear him on the phone with a hotel/resort in jacmel planning his break in his philly accent "yo, i need some AC"

Thread Information