Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegan diet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Lol. Seriously? You being "Half Vegan" is like OSA claiming to be bisexual. It's total bullshit. You either suck dick, or you do NOT suck dick. Henceforth, you either eat meat or you don't eat meat. But, carry on.
    Fair enough, just a thought. I guess write it up as “reduced meat fat intake”.

I am serious about the stroke prevention part. I bet Druff will start addressing stroke prevention in the future, seems like a topic that right up his alley.

If you limit red meat to about once a week, you will be in better shape. Everything in moderation.

Load Metric
    If you limit red meat to about once a week, you will be in better shape. Everything in moderation.
    I’d like to be at 3x a week at most. But I do cook a lot of chicken and need to add more shrimp weekly. It’s those little small chunks of fat that worry me.

Load Metric
    I’d like to be at 3x a week at most. But I do cook a lot of chicken and need to add more shrimp weekly. It’s those little small chunks of fat that worry me.
    Don't worry about eating a reasonable amount of fat. You're better off cutting processed food and added sugars.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: ��

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Don't worry about eating a reasonable amount of fat. You're better off cutting processed food and added sugars.
    Yup

Load Metric
    Bought almond milk to replace regular milk. 30 cals per cup as opposed to 83 a cup is a bonus. Vanilla flavor on morning cereal better than plain. 1 less cow fart in the world.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Bought almond milk to replace regular milk. 30 cals per cup as opposed to 83 a cup is a bonus. Vanilla flavor on morning cereal better than plain. 1 less cow fart in the world.
    Almond milk is the nuts. ahem.

For a treat try this on occasion. i prefer it to chocolate milk.
    Name:  A13CB9E1-0467-46E6-A08D-FCB70FAE5629.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  1.10 MB

Big almond is a big problem however re: water consumption. Just tried oat milk and I got used to it quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Big almond is a big problem however re: water consumption. Just tried oat milk and I got used to it quickly.

There is absolutely NO SUCH THING AS ALMOND MILK OR SOY MILK OR OAT MILK. YOU CANNOT MILK an Almond, or a Soy, or an Oat. Old MacDonald doesn't get up at 3am to milk the Almonds. Another gullible gringo falling for marketing tricks. You don't see dumb shit like this en Mexico.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There is absolutely NO SUCH THING AS ALMOND MILK OR SOY MILK OR OAT MILK. YOU CANNOT MILK an Almond, or a Soy, or an Oat. Old MacDonald doesn't get up at 3am to milk the Almonds. Another gullible gringo falling for marketing tricks. You don't see dumb shit like this en Mexico.
    Thanks for the heads up. Wow. I/we call it milk cause it looks like milk, has the same consistency as milk and is used as a replacement of milk. In order to get the milk like substance from soy, almonds or oats a lot of squeezing is involved. Normally I would say something like “you f'n moron” or “don’t be a jackass” but I will let it go. You’ve done the job for me.

Load Metric

Thanks for the heads up. Wow. I/we call it milk cause it looks like milk, has the same consistency as milk and is used as a replacement of milk. In order to get the milk like substance from soy, almonds or oats a lot of squeezing is involved. Normally I would say something like “you f'n moron” or “don’t be a jackass” but I will let it go. You’ve done the job for me.
    You're the moron. The technique you've described is called "Juicing" . What you are drinking is Almond Juice. But gullible gringos wouldn't buy it, so they called it "Milk" and the suckers like you bought it up. Oh, and for the health part, look at all the additives for color and consistency. Carry on Gringo.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You're the moron. The technique you've described is called "Juicing" . What you are drinking is Almond Juice. But gullible gringos wouldn't buy it, so they called it "Milk" and the suckers like you bought it up. Oh, and for the health part, look at all the additives for color and consistency. Carry on Gringo.
    No where on the box is almond milk mentioned and yet I do buy it. It's simply a familiar term because it replaces traditional milk in many instances. I would also buy it if they called it almond extract or almond fluid.
    Florida huh?

Load Metric

No where on the box is almond milk mentioned and yet I do buy it. It's simply a familiar term because it replaces traditional milk in many instances. I would also buy it if they called it almond extract or almond fluid.
    Florida huh?

Look, I don't drink either Milk or imitation Milk Juice. I used to love Cow's milk and had large bowls of cereal with it every morning. Then one day about 15 years ago, I just didn't want it anymore. Never liked milk in my coffee, although a little froth on top of a Cortadito in the afternoon after lunch es muy bueno. Just find the term Almond Milk or Soy Milk Intellectually fraudulent. Not a Florida thing, just a common sense thing. You Hosers up there in the great white north should try some common sense some time. Oh, and would you please take Justin Bieber back?

Load Metric
    People been calling coconut juice milk for eons so almond milk plays.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Florida huh?

Look, I don't drink either Milk or imitation Milk Juice. I used to love Cow's milk and had large bowls of cereal with it every morning. Then one day about 15 years ago, I just didn't want it anymore. Never liked milk in my coffee, although a little froth on top of a Cortadito in the afternoon after lunch es muy bueno. Just find the term Almond Milk or Soy Milk Intellectually fraudulent. Not a Florida thing, just a common sense thing. You Hosers up there in the great white north should try some common sense some time. Oh, and would you please take Justin Bieber back?
    Cashew milk. My new favourite milk

​Oxford dictionary Milk. Noun
    the white juice of some plants and trees
    • The recipe uses fresh coconut milk and lime juice.
    • Serve with a glass of sweet, creamy almond milk.

Name:  CDBE8832-1037-44F6-AC9E-A32DDDA799BD.jpeg
Views: 193
Size:  1.26 MB

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

You can't milk a coconut or an almond or a cashew. You can't milk something without a tit.

Comments

splitthis: You express milk

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You can't milk a coconut or an almond or a cashew. You can't milk something without a tit.
    Dick tion ary

Load Metric
    Gonna try the sugar free version at 25 cals a cup.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

From Wikipedia.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk

"Milk is a nutrient-rich liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals." Check-mate.
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 04-28-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Cashew milk. My new favourite

Name:  D9AAB3D8-398C-47E2-BBFA-C984C507ACB6.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  1.14 MB

Just tried the lower calory version of the cashew milk. I don’t think I could pick it out in a milk line-up. Perfect for my Count Chocula regimen

Comments

splitthis: Bran flakes better

Load Metric
    I made my first pot of vegan bean barley and vegetable soup. It’s the first soup without meat and plasma numbers not sufficient without meat. Last donation protein was 6.3 after a 4 day break. So after plasma I was surely below 6.0 which is subnormal.

90% of dairy is out of my house. Too soon to comment on any inflammatory changes.

I will have to be satisfied just being beef and dairy free so my plasma can save the covidians and hemophiliacs.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Update?

Thread Information