Thread: Euphoria: Doomed to be the next "my so called life" TV series?

Load Metric

Euphoria: Doomed to be the next "my so called life" TV series?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this show on here during the past year. I mean yes most of us are outside of its target audience but it's basically like the 90's show "My so called life" on crack. It was about as addicting as crack as well. And because of Corona virus its quite possible this series will never see a proper season 2 (just like my so called life). They've made two bridge episodes which honestly were just too much of a departure from the source material for me.

If you can stomach teen dramas its an absolute must watch.

Also how the hell is no one discussing the QAnon doc on HBO?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But is this watchable for adult men who are decades out of their teen years? Because I find most shows aimed at teens to be insufferable these days.

Load Metric
    I liked it. Christmas specials were shit.

I think most critics didn't know they were supposed to like it when it first aired. It was getting 7/10 type of scores and then the 2 standalone episodes getting high 9/10s a year later.

Zendaya did ok for herself, assuming Dune doesn't implode.

edit: i doubt teens were the target audience.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    But is this watchable for adult men who are decades out of their teen years? Because I find most shows aimed at teens to be insufferable these days.
    I saw it. The show is actually well written and acted in that the characters are well developed and seem like real people, unlike most modern day young adult woketasrophes where all the characters are empty avatars for whatever identity group they are portraying. A lot of penis too if that is your thing.

Not particularly realistic in that too much drama going on for one small town.

I started the first bridge episode but didn't make it through. Was real boring. I haven't gotten around to the Jules one yet.

There is a character that has the best natural rack you have ever seen in your life. Alexandra Daddario level, if not better. But she is fucking a black guy, so not for Desertrunner (I kid, I kid).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I saw it. The show is actually well written and acted in that the characters are well developed and seem like real people, unlike most modern day young adult woketasrophes where all the characters are empty avatars for whatever identity group they are portraying. A lot of penis too if that is your thing.

Not particularly realistic in that too much drama going on for one small town.

I started the first bridge episode but didn't make it through. Was real boring. I haven't gotten around to the Jules one yet.

There is a character that has the best natural rack you have ever seen in your life. Alexandra Daddario level, if not better. But she is fucking a black guy, so not for Desertrunner (I kid, I kid).
    This is pretty much my take as well. It deals with lots of risky topics but never feels preachy. Kinda like the 90's kids or the more recent Springbreakers (but way better than both). By the time I got to episode 4 I was really hooked because there is such a build up of tensions and characters are so well done and expanded upon (each episode largely focusing on one). The stories come together very well. It is over the top but its so well done that doesn;t really matter

The bridge episode with Jules is just as bad as the first bridge episode IMO. COVID ruins another thing....

Only reason I would not suggest is if you are very easily triggered or really hate the idea of watching something that revolves around high school kids.

Load Metric
    And seriously Druff watch this already.

Forget the politics, It's basically a guise for a documentary about message board drama and not so much Qanon.

Load Metric
    Oh and it's almost guaranteed that there will be a second season. They are shooting it right now.

It was greenlit before season 1 finished and they were about to start shooting it in last March. I think i remember hearing that there was 400 live action shows being shot in LA area before the lockdown and in few weeks that was cut to 30.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    And seriously Druff watch this already.

Forget the politics, It's basically a guise for a documentary about message board drama and not so much Qanon.

I watched it. Whata creepy group of people, nut low of society. Looks like whoever made up “Q” on 4 Chan bailed then that pedophile and his half Asian son took over as Q on 8 Chan. We’ll probably never know for sure. I do know the retarded Q shit on my Facebook feed via some retarded friends has died down significantly.

Load Metric
    It’s a depressing view of youth.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    This show is popular with women. I saw a few parts of a few episodes, decent but agree with previous poster it’s a bit grim and depressing.

Thread Information