Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** "What will you do within the first month of being fully vaccinated?" thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Never had a flu shot in my life. Can’t even remember last time I had a cold. I have run good in the getting sick department
    Yeah I've had one in my life -- the year Ben was born, because the flu can kill infants.

Other than that, no. Flu isn't very dangerous to healthy middle-aged people. Plus the shot only has like 50% efficacy, so fuck it.

COVID is a different story. In fact, a study of the biggest difference between flu danger and COVID danger showed that there are two points where they're farthest apart -- in infants (flu is substantially worse) and people in their late 40s through mid 50s (COVID is substantially worse). After that the flu starts catching up to COVID regarding being deadly.

So basically the "it's just the flu" line is least true around my age.
    covid isn't dangerous to people in their 50s, no matter how much you try to justify your basement dwelling situation, the numbers are clear, you're in no danger

you're not fat, you're not unhealthy, you're fine

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210417-120147_Chrome.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  640.1 KB

get vaccinated so we can extend mask mandates, cause science!

ROFL TEAM SCIENCE!

Load Metric
    Main reason I am not getting 2nd shot is the reported 80% after 1st dose. Even with all the confusion from the media if 1st was only 55% as first thought I would get the 2nd
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210417-121822_Chrome.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  592.2 KB

even if I was going to get vaccinated, why would I with what I know now?

nothing is going to change, this will never end

Load Metric

Not going to lie, I was tossing around the idea of doing just that, because I'm noticing about 50% of people my age are getting awwwwwwful side effects which last about 24 hours.

But I can't bring myself to throw away full protection in order to avoid one shitty day, so I'll just get it.
    I don’t think the upside is worth the risk. Now fake news talking about a 3rd booster shot. WTF I thought 2nd was a booster. We will just continue to wear mask only when going in big box stores. I will let the dust settle and see how these vaccines effect people in next 6-12 months
    This seems crazy for a bad day, for someone who already got one, not an anti-vaxxer.

I understand I got no side effects, but I would have taken a day of cancer again, which far exceeds the worst flus ever, to just be done with it. I don’t care about any third booster. I’ll happily get that also.

It’s less time consuming than any appointment ever. I was out before my scheduled appointment. I’d suggest YouTubing rather youthful guys getting out of hospitals after 100 day stays and weigh that against a a really bad day that you may not even have. The choice is yours of course, but not much of one imo given you already have first down. I might only get one if I already had Covid.

To answer thread, I’ve been looking into trying to take my dad to Scotland for a golf trip. I have wanted to for a few years, but I want him to be able to play it and enjoy it while he’s still strong and healthy. Not just hitting balls 100 yards down the middle like an old man.

I’m waiting to see if my buddy can get the time away and join us. I intend on booking it pretty soon. I’ve been checking the historic courses and stays. It’s surprisingly easier for the public to play some of the great courses there than it would be here.

It’s always easier to have a third playing partner so you don’t get paired with strangers, so waiting on my buddy to see if he can work it out, and he basically grew up at my house as his father passed young, so is essentially family.

Don’t know if it will be first month I book as Scotland is still under restriction, but first major thing I’ll do other than back to normal life.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-17-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don’t think the upside is worth the risk. Now fake news talking about a 3rd booster shot. WTF I thought 2nd was a booster. We will just continue to wear mask only when going in big box stores. I will let the dust settle and see how these vaccines effect people in next 6-12 months
    This seems crazy for a bad day, for someone who already got one, not an anti-vaxxer.

I understand I got no side effects, but I would have taken a day of cancer again, which far exceeds the worst flus ever, to just be done with it. I don’t care about any third booster. I’ll happily get that also.
    rofl you can't make this up, what a huge cuck you must be

Name:  3c31dae.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  bf2e3bd.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  89.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

It should be glaringly obvious I consider you a subhuman retard by this point. I don’t know why you bother replying to me.

I can’t fathom anyone sweating a bad day, I truly can’t. Strikes me as the biggest pussy thing ever. If one is crazy about the mRNA aspect, I thinI that idiotic also, but already having one, that’s not the issue.

I can do whatever I want. The world is largely open. If masks are mandated for the vaccinated, it will suck, but has no effect on a golf course or restaurant or anywhere else I’ll go.

I was at a bar for a brief time the other day and no one was wearing one. I don’t get the we can’t do anything crowd. Very little is prohibited at this point here. I grasp you live in the worst present state, but from my understanding, it isn’t even locked down. It’s recommended.

Lol at a chart that covers months and doesn’t even equal a bad day of Covid during its peak. You truly are retarded and don’t understand basic math.

Load Metric

It should be glaringly obvious I consider you a subhuman retard by this point. I don’t know why you bother replying to me.

I can’t fathom anyone sweating a bad day, I truly can’t. Strikes me as the biggest pussy thing ever. If one is crazy about the mRNA aspect, I thinI that idiotic also, but already having one, that’s not the issue.

I can do whatever I want. The world is largely open. If masks are mandated for the vaccinated, it will suck, but has no effect on a golf course or restaurant or anywhere else I’ll go.

I was at a bar for a brief time the other day and no one was wearing one. I don’t get the we can’t do anything crowd. Very little is prohibited at this point here. I grasp you live in the worst present state, but from my understanding, it isn’t even locked down. It’s recommended.

Lol at a chart that covers months and doesn’t even equal a bad day of Covid during its peak. You truly are retarded and don’t understand basic math.
    "it doesn't affect me so I don't care"

what a selfish faggot drug addict you are, go snort more coke while you pay for a hotel for a whore you're not even fucking

lol fucking shill

Load Metric
    BCR let me put it this way. My way of thinking. They say I am 80% with 1st dose. 2nd dose you go to 90-94%. Just not worth the risk of being very sick getting 2nd IMO

Load Metric

what a selfish faggot drug addict you are, go snort more coke while you pay for a hotel for a whore you're not even fucking

lol fucking shill
    If you mean the lockdown crowd in US, I’ve asked everyone here what they can’t do and no one ever answers.

If you mean the death, any death is tragic and I feel bad, and I’ve never been one to claim there won’t be any death associated with vaccine. I took it and thought it’s possible to be one in a million.

I tend to over exaggerate what I think might happen, and it’s a minuscule fraction of the deaths that Covid brings. Covid is the equivalent risk of smoking two packs a day for 40-50 years death wise for walking through the virus at the wrong time. Any side effect deaths or breakthrough cases are closer to deaths from falling out of bed per year. The risk/reward seems rather obvious.

Load Metric

lol fucking shill
    If you mean the lockdown crowd in US, I’ve asked everyone here what they can’t do and no one ever answers.

If you mean the death, any death is tragic and I feel bad, and I’ve never been one to claim there won’t be any death associated with vaccine. I took it and thought it’s possible to be one in a million.

I tend to over exaggerate what I think might happen, and it’s a minuscule fraction of the deaths that Covid brings. Covid is the equivalent risk of smoking two packs a day for 40-50 years death wise for walking through the virus at the wrong time. Any side effect deaths or breakthrough cases are closer to deaths from falling out of bed per year. The risk/reward seems rather obvious.
    it's a fucking flu you basic bitch, read more cnn you humongous faggot

Load Metric
    BCR let me put it this way. My way of thinking. They say I am 80% with 1st dose. 2nd dose you go to 90-94%. Just not worth the risk of being very sick getting 2nd IMO
    I get that. It’s not nearly as crazy as not getting it at all, but they don’t have any clue how quickly that 80% dissipates with one, while knowing you’re good for at least six months with second. The reaction on second for half the people tells me it’s significantly a compounded thing. Whatever, obviously your call, and you’ll likely be fine either way. I guess having been tremendously ill for years in my life, a bad day of anything is a laughable inconvenience to me.

Load Metric
    I get that. It’s not nearly as crazy as not getting it at all, but they don’t have any clue how quickly that 80% dissipates with one, while knowing you’re good for at least six months with second. The reaction on second for half the people tells me it’s significantly a compounded thing. Whatever, obviously your call, and you’ll likely be fine either way. I guess having been tremendously ill for years in my life, a bad day of anything is a laughable inconvenience to me.
    I couldn’t wait to get it, I was very happy when they opened to my age group. Just don’t like what I am hearing from the media. Fully vaccinated still wear mask WTF. Don’t make sense. If 1st dose was only 55% as first thought 2nd would be a no brainer. I still have 4 days to change my mind but unlikely I will

Comments

IamGreek: Just do it so u don't have to worry about the other 20%

Load Metric

I couldn’t wait to get it, I was very happy when they opened to my age group. Just don’t like what I am hearing from the media. Fully vaccinated still wear mask WTF. Don’t make sense. If 1st dose was only 55% as first thought 2nd would be a no brainer. I still have 4 days to change my mind but unlikely I will
    Obviously it’s your choice. Clearly your state is going to err on the Republican side of this issue, so unlikely to have passports and such. You’ll be fine there. So as long as you stay mostly there, you shouldn’t have any issue. I expect other states to allow private businesses to insist, it’s already happening, and one shot won’t be good.

I think you’re probably fine. I think anyone that got one is highly likely to be fine as far as worst case scenarios for their life, but I don’t know that to be a certainty. My thinking is they drew a heavy correlation in the T Cell immunity of people who had previous corona strains decades earlier as a protectant.

So logically, I would guess this being the actual Covid strain, even one shot would be protective from worst case scenarios. They are going to measure antibodies and those will dissipate and they’ll definitely recommend boosters, but there is no telling if we NEED them. It’s such a little thing to me that takes less time than a normal doctor appointment and I’m 100% confident in the science, so no brainer personally, but I’d guess you’re fine and probably will remain so. You might get discriminated against though outside your state.

Load Metric
    Got the Johnson & Johnson shot Monday. Don't see life changing any as far as what I'll do. I've pretty much just lived my normal life the last year. Been to Vegas 3 times since August and took a poker trip down to the Hard Rock in Tampa too.

Comments

dwai: wb

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Got the Johnson & Johnson shot Monday. Don't see life changing any as far as what I'll do. I've pretty much just lived my normal life the last year. Been to Vegas 3 times since August and took a poker trip down to the Hard Rock in Tampa too.
    I thought they stopped the J&J shots, how did you get one?

Comments

BCR: He got it on last day. Suspended Tuesday.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210417-133945_Chrome.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  408.7 KB

lol is the Babylon bee satire anymore?

or is this dead on bcr

Comments

garrett: That Medical mask tho LOL ��

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I thought they stopped the J&J shots, how did you get one?
    What BCR said. Monday afternoon then that shit blew up Tuesday. Walked into a Publix pharmacy to see if I'd get in with no appointment and that was all they had.

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  197.4 KB
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 04-17-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My plans:

haircut

Visit friends (haven't seen any in person for over a year)

Visit family (I haven't seen any in over a year except my parents)

Start getting takeout food again

Start doing in-person shopping again and seriously dial down the usage of these fail shopping services

Go to a Dodgers game with Ben

Go to a weekly home poker game I used to be part of

Go to restaurants

Get cavities filled at dentist

Go to two non-urgent doctor appointments

Have contractor over to house to do a bunch of work I've needed for awhile

Also possible:

Go to Las Vegas

Go to Commerce (depends on then-current mask/food/drink policy)

Go on small trip where we stay overnight somewhere

Then of course I will take my Colorado trip in the summer & hopefully attend WSOP in fall if their mask policy isn't oppressive.
    I've been doing the highlighted above as per usual since the outbreak. The only difference would be the mask and distancing. Air travel will be my number one.

Get my first shot May 5th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gonna wear 2 masks because fauci told me to
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information