Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** "What will you do within the first month of being fully vaccinated?" thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** "What will you do within the first month of being fully vaccinated?" thread

My plans:

Get haircut

Visit friends (haven't seen any in person for over a year)

Visit family (I haven't seen any in over a year except my parents)

Start getting takeout food again

Start doing in-person shopping again and seriously dial down the usage of these fail shopping services

Go to a Dodgers game with Ben

Go to a weekly home poker game I used to be part of

Go to restaurants

Get cavities filled at dentist

Go to two non-urgent doctor appointments

Have contractor over to house to do a bunch of work I've needed for awhile

Also possible:

Go to Las Vegas

Go to Commerce (depends on then-current mask/food/drink policy)

Go on small trip where we stay overnight somewhere

Then of course I will take my Colorado trip in the summer & hopefully attend WSOP in fall if their mask policy isn't oppressive.

Load Metric
    I'm sorry Druff, you must not have got the memo, you're not allowed to do any of these things, see the vaccine only works if other people get it, kinda like the mask, so I'm afraid to tell you how gonna have to doomer it up in your basement for a couple more years, or you know, catch a cold

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    I'm sorry Druff, you must not have got the memo, you're not allowed to do any of these things, see the vaccine only works if other people get it, kinda like the mask, so I'm afraid to tell you how gonna have to doomer it up in your basement for a couple more years, or you know, catch a cold
    Oh yeah, I forgot one other thing.

Give this to Fauci and the CDC:

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric
    I have decided not to get 2nd dose. Was supposed to get 4/21. Fuck this shit, Why take the chance of getting very sick if 80% with 1st dose. Will play live poker again and eat in at steakhouse soon
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Booked a trip to Vegas last night for July.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I have decided not to get 2nd dose. Was supposed to get 4/21. Fuck this shit, Why take the chance of getting very sick if 80% with 1st dose. Will play live poker again and eat in at steakhouse soon
    Not going to lie, I was tossing around the idea of doing just that, because I'm noticing about 50% of people my age are getting awwwwwwful side effects which last about 24 hours.

But I can't bring myself to throw away full protection in order to avoid one shitty day, so I'll just get it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not going to lie, I was tossing around the idea of doing just that, because I'm noticing about 50% of people my age are getting awwwwwwful side effects which last about 24 hours.

But I can't bring myself to throw away full protection in order to avoid one shitty day, so I'll just get it.
    I don’t think the upside is worth the risk. Now fake news talking about a 3rd booster shot. WTF I thought 2nd was a booster. We will just continue to wear mask only when going in big box stores. I will let the dust settle and see how these vaccines effect people in next 6-12 months

Load Metric

Obviously it’s different for everyone and I understand your logic. For me the first shot was worse. The only problem I see is you will have an incomplete vaccination card. I don’t know how things will work in the future with travel & what not, but that would be the downside imho.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

Obviously it’s different for everyone and I understand your logic. For me the first shot was worse. The only problem I see is you will have an incomplete vaccination card. I don’t know how things will work in the future with travel & what not, but that would be the downside imho.

Maybe I’m just a cuck - but I’ll take my second shot and take 90% protection and fly over to Italy next summer while the rest of the non believers fight it out amongst themselves.

Load Metric
    Having just been to California and saw how you all are in an actual Lockdown now, and all that's going on out there, it's not surprising to see Druffs still in uber lockdown mode even mentally apparently lol..

Have people or some of you all actually not been doing things because of actual fear of this Corona Virus. And I'm floored by that, except maybe if you have a legitimate reason to worry, underlying conditions, age but wow. I can see it seems some of you all really were living in a very tiny migration patterned and highly interactive life this past year but wow.

Me ive actualy now been traveling all over, flying, on trains, across the country. I mean to think that this lol virus would scare me to actually have change the way I live my love day to day or month to month is just wow, absurd to think really.

This is also why it's now the 'lol' Virus to me, in my head (purposefully minimizing it in my head..)

Load Metric

Any travel we do this year will be driving. May go to Vegas for WSOP if virus has slowed down and no mask requirements. I am not against the mask for short periods of time but couldn’t play long session of poker with a mask. I had uncommon side effect after 1st dose. 5 days after couldn’t get out of bed for 4-5 hours in the morning. Felt like I was run over by a truck

Comments

JeffDime: I had similar. I’m diabetic the first shot knocked me on my ass. Second I was tired for a day or two.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Maybe I’m just a cuck - but I’ll take my second shot and take 90% protection and fly over to Italy next summer while the rest of the non believers fight it out amongst themselves.
    I really would love to make it to LV to take advantage of all the LV bookings I made starting 5/20 and going all the way into July. I even booked Caesar’s Palace (which I never do) when the algorithm was giving me comped for most nights. Be a shame to not take advantage of this shit. I booked as much as humanly possible. Plus, I would love to finally be in Vegas when the strip is not a total shit show and you can walk down it without the hustlers asking for money every ten steps. (Although that ship looks to be sailed)

I have been basically hotel hopping in Atlantic City half the time last few months. It’s nice to have the hotel almost empty, not have to wait for food, etc. They do open rooms in clusters which is kind of annoying. Because of the cheap rooms a lot of young people split one and just drink, smoke and blast music all fucking night long. Guess I am getting old.

Load Metric
    Also now they are talking about a 3rd dose. When does it end 4 or 5 doses? We will just try and be careful but will go back to eat in restaurants on occasion. Say I get 2nd dose get very sick then they start saying oh no get 3rd booster dose (they are taking about 3rd already) As I said earlier Fuck this shit.Media is holding back plenty of information about the vaccines. I feel pretty good about having 1st dose. I feel waiting on the sidelines in till more is known isn’t a bad choice

Load Metric
    Can we all just say a prayer for our Canadian brothers who are back in a useless lockdown while giving their police even more power to rule over them, basically stop and frisk on steroids and if you haven't got a reason they deem essential you are getting fined!

If we did that here it would be called racism!

Sad!

Comments

simply1: Amen... locked down again.

Load Metric
    Also now they are talking about a 3rd dose. When does it end 4 or 5 doses? We will just try and be careful but will go back to eat in restaurants on occasion. Say I get 2nd dose get very sick then they start saying oh no get 3rd booster dose (they are taking about 3rd already) As I said earlier Fuck this shit.Media is holding back plenty of information about the vaccines. I feel pretty good about having 1st dose. I feel waiting on the sidelines in till more is known isn’t a bad choice

You get a flu shot every year?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Can we all just say a prayer for our Canadian brothers who are back in a useless lockdown while giving their police even more power to rule over them, basically stop and frisk on steroids and if you haven't got a reason they deem essential you are getting fined!

If we did that here it would be called racism!

Sad!

It’s fucking disgusting. Fuck these people.

The enlightened northern liberals know best. Fuck them where they stand. Get the shot or don’t and open it all back up.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric

Never had a flu shot in my life. Can’t even remember last time I had a cold. I have run good in the getting sick department

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Never had a flu shot in my life. Can’t even remember last time I had a cold. I have run good in the getting sick department
    Yeah I've had one in my life -- the year Ben was born, because the flu can kill infants.

Other than that, no. Flu isn't very dangerous to healthy middle-aged people. Plus the shot only has like 50% efficacy, so fuck it.

COVID is a different story. In fact, a study of the biggest difference between flu danger and COVID danger showed that there are two points where they're farthest apart -- in infants (flu is substantially worse) and people in their late 40s through mid 50s (COVID is substantially worse). After that the flu starts catching up to COVID regarding being deadly.

So basically the "it's just the flu" line is least true around my age.

Load Metric
    Just remembered last time I had a cold was 2006 WSOP. Truly lucky because I don’t exercise or eat healthy

Load Metric
    I can’t put a finger on why I totally flipped about this vaccine. My fiancé and I were the 1st ones in the county to get shot when they opened over 50. Something just don’t seem right. Let’s see how things play out

Thread Information