Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Very interesting thread and for someone who enjoys horse racing this tickles my fancy, however the actual process of getting a stable seems very convoluted ?

Willie : How easy is it to get money off once deposited ?

I ask because I signed up to NBA with the pure intention to make some quick profit but not only were there numerous fails when buying packs I also discovered that having put money into a Dapper account I have still not been able to withdraw, it is approaching 2 months now since my withdrawal request and this was only for $ 50 which I was initially going to use to get some cheap moments .

If it is taking so long just to withdraw $ 50 then I worry how long it would take to withdraw anything meaningful, anyway I digressed, does Zed have these same issues ?

Comments

shoeshine box: wow I have no t tried W/D yet from Dapper... wow. ty

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty007 View Post
    Very interesting thread and for someone who enjoys horse racing this tickles my fancy, however the actual process of getting a stable seems very convoluted ?

I ask because I signed up to NBA with the pure intention to make some quick profit but not only were there numerous fails when buying packs I also discovered that having put money into a Dapper account I have still not been able to withdraw, it is approaching 2 months now since my withdrawal request and this was only for $ 50 which I was initially going to use to get some cheap moments .

If it is taking so long just to withdraw $ 50 then I worry how long it would take to withdraw anything meaningful, anyway I digressed, does Zed have these same issues ?
    I had the same question. I'm not an expert on this yet like Willie, but I know a lot more than I did a week ago.

In general, it's fast and easy to get off (minus Ethereum fees). You're basically connecting an outside crypto wallet called Metamask with it, and then you can convert your WETH back to ETH and have access to it at any time.

So it's not the Topshot bullshit where you have to wait in a huge line to get your withdrawal processed.

I also feared that getting a stable was hard and convoluted, but it actually wasn't. It's not as simple as Top Shot, but it's basically:

1) Get the Metamask browser extension and account

2) Get ETH in some way

3) Log into Zed with Metamask (it's easy to do)

4) You automatically have a stable at this point, so that part is done for you.

5) Sent the ETH to the Metamask wallet, and then convert it to WETH within Zed

6) Make sure you have enough WETH sitting there for what you want to do, especially if it involves a drop

The rest you can learn later.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I had the same question. I'm not an expert on this yet like Willie, but I know a lot more than I did a week ago.

In general, it's fast and easy to get off (minus Ethereum fees). You're basically connecting an outside crypto wallet called Metamask with it, and then you can convert your WETH back to ETH and have access to it at any time.

So it's not the Topshot bullshit where you have to wait in a huge line to get your withdrawal processed.

I also feared that getting a stable was hard and convoluted, but it actually wasn't. It's not as simple as Top Shot, but it's basically:

2) Get ETH in some way

6) Make sure you have enough WETH sitting therre for what you want to do, especially if it involves a drop

Okey dokey, I think I will have a dabble , partly because it's always nice to make some additional money and partly because it seems like a fun concept especially for those whom like horse racing in general.

Thanks for the detailed process , that has helped

Load Metric
    yeah, unlike Top Fail you are in control of your funds at all times through your metamask account

the only downside is eth fees are so high right now and you have to pay every time you convert eth to weth, or vice versa
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    i wanted to make this a separate post so it won't get lost

one of the best ways to start your stable is by getting one through Doofy stables

he charges way below market price to stables with less than 5 horses

why does he do this? he's honestly just trying to grow the community and help people get started

go to his website and fill out the form - it's first come, first serve and breeding hasn't been open for awhile so he might not be able to sell you a horse this breeding cycle but get in line anyway

https://www.doofyracing.com/cheap-bred-horses

his prices:

as you can see, he is very generous (try finding a nakamoto for $350 i dare you)

also just a suggestion: you have to start with ETH to buy a horse and it is mooning, so if you worried about missing out on ETH price jumps just hang onto any current ETH and buy some at spot for this transaction or else it could be a mind fuck

Comments

Dan Druff: ty for all the help with this, here and to me personally
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-11-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    wow, I have idea what this is for and about, We have baseball and hockey threads already to wade through why more?

Comments

WillieMcFML: you might like it if you're tired of sng's - get to gamble on your horse

Load Metric
    man, imagine if the blogfather was still around

he would love this shit

i can see it now - bush patrol stables

RIP Del
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric

In general, it's fast and easy to get off
    AsianSpa, is this true?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric

2) Get ETH in some way

6) Make sure you have enough WETH sitting there for what you want to do, especially if it involves a drop

You’re right about the above however it’s not easy to get a horse through a drop, and will likely be much harder than last drop as it continues to grow in popularity. It seems like you, Willie, Plop etc got lucky on this last drop, or maybe I just suck at this stuff. But nevertheless depositing Eth on Zed and converting to WETH without owning a horse is not a smart move due to gas fees. Better route would be to try and get a horse through opensea or through a 3rd party etc and once you have a horse then add funds to Zed. Otherwise you’re possibly getting crushed on gas fees on funds on way in and out.

Of course nothing wrong with trying to wait until the next drop and getting a horse that way, but it may be a while and with a dwindling supply of Genesis horses left it’s going to be tough to get one.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Willie, what type of money is required to get started? I currently only have about $1,000 in ETH. Oh and is Cheating Bob Baffert allowed to play? 🤣

Comments

garrett: Cheating Bob Baffert rep lmao..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Willie, what type of money is required to get started? I currently only have about $1,000 in ETH. Oh and is Cheating Bob Baffert allowed to play? ��
    Depends what you are in it for

Do you just want to race, or build a stable to breed and sell for profit?

I got Toasted for about $150 all in - he’s a z31 mind you

You can either wait for the next drop (probably 3-4 weeks), or wait til breeding opens and buy one on opensea

or try to buy one from goofy stables at the link in my previous post

if you just want to dip your toes in wait til breeding opens up and you can probably find a z15-20 for $200-$400 on opensea
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-17-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    If anyone wants a starter horse I’d probably sell Toasted for $250 or so

I’ve had plenty of fun with him

also, they have said they are going to make changes to the “class” racing system

when this happens, an otherwise mediocre or -EV horse could become a winner in a lower class

they are going to try to make it to where pretty much any horse can race in a class against similar competition

whereas right now Toasted is usually racing against a bunch of $1k z10’s
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-12-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    HERE COME THE RUSSIAN HACKERS

https://twitter.com/EcsZed/status/1392531661720592386

https://twitter.com/EcsZed/status/1392612225291014145

I'm guessing the "Discord link" was actually a link to a malicious program.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looking at the screen shot, I think that tinyurl link the guy put was the malicious program, and then he posted a real Discord link after that.

Load Metric
    It’s a sad day at Silent You Stables as our flagship pony, Toasted, was sold.

He went for almost $500 - one of you should have taken me up on my $250 offer

bought him for about $150 after fees

I hope his new trainer treats him kindly, and gives him all the digital hay he can eat

this will be my only comment at this time - we ask that you respect my privacy and the privacy of Silent You Stables
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

I hope his new trainer treats him kindly, and gives him all the digital hay he can eat

this will be my only comment at this time - we ask that you respect my privacy and the privacy of Silent You Stables
    Hopefully he won't become a victim of bestiality.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Hopefully he won't become a victim of bestiality.
    Don’t worry Tyde can’t afford a $500 digital horse.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: zing

WillieMcFML: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The breeding thing has been a disaster. Still closed weeks after the drop, and zero communication.

They apparently went to the NBA Top Shot school of communication.

Anyway, finally we're seeing some news:

https://twitter.com/_ZombieRacing/status/1397063527932776453

Load Metric
    next drop should be June 5th and or 6th - prepare accordingly

your best bet is to target z9 or 10's if you can - as many as possible

there are only a few drops left to snag a genesis horse DON'T GET SHUTOUT
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-29-2021 at 10:00 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hopefully the drop won't be the clusterfuck it was last time.

Any word as to whether or not they fixed the issues?

Thread Information