Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New horse: Tomatoes on the Side

https://zed.run/racehorse/40157

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/40157

Z12 Finney. Another colt. Every single offspring I've had is a a colt, except for Spicy Rinse, which I sold because she was a donk.

Tomatoes has a good father, called Sweet Cheeks. Not my horse, but a very good record, so I made him the father with Tiquero (my horse):

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/24398

Sweet Cheeks was still competing well in Class III races, which is a good sign. Also a good sign is that Sweet Cheeks has a great daughter (after 6 races), who has showed 5 of 6 times: https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/39303

Also note that Tomatoes' half sister shown above has a mediocre mom, so it really looks like Sweet Cheeks was the factor in that horse being good.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Tomatoes on the Side

Silver
    Load Metric
    Got my million dollar drop horse. A Z9 Filly. Sweet.

Comments

Dan Druff:

WillieMcFML: Congrats

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Congrats on the Z9, Shees. Unfortunately mine didn't show up yet. Hopefully I don't get stiffed.

Anyway, I'm sad to report that -- at least so far -- Tomatoes on the Side appears to be a donkey. Had a great Griffin race with great odds, since then has been lousy with mediocre odds. Looks like a waste of the $200 I spent to breed him.

There are too many donkeys in this game, and once your horse turns out to be a donk, it's mostly worthless. This is especially true if it's a male horse, as you can't even attempt to reproduce with better horses outside your stable, as you won't receive the offspring. Furthermore, nobody will choose your horse to stud, so you won't even receive stud fees.

Here are some fundamental problems at the moment with the ZED Run ecosystem and racing system:

- There is too much sandbagging going on, where excellent horses are being raced at lengths they're not good at, in order to purposely lose and keep their rating down. This leaves you with great opponents at Classes 3-5, where they shouldn't be. Supposedly ZED is going to address this soon, but I'm not optimistic they'll do it right.

- Female horses are MUCH more valuable than male horses. The best male horses are collecting nice stud fees, but a big percentage of the remainder are all charging the minimum stud fee of 0.036 ETH ($76), which means that literally nobody is gonna breed with your donk or semidonk if they can get with a much better stud at the exact same price. As well as I've run with getting horses on ZED, I've run bad with the gender, as all of my offspring except one was male.

- The "higher stakes" races at every class are filled with top horses to where it's impossible to compete as an average stable owner. Take my best horse, Flying Stupidity, for example. He's good at 1800-2000m, and great at 2200-2400m. If I enter him in races of 0.0023 ETH ($5) or lower, he owns heads. If I enter him in anything $10 or higher, he gets crushed by sandbaggers.

- There is no way to improve existing horses, from what I can see. I'd love to be able to "train" or power up Flying Stupidity somehow, making him good enough to compete with those really tough horses who keep beating him. Doesn't look like there's a way. This also leaves you out of luck if your horse is a donk or semidonk, even if you spent a lot of money on it.

- Your horses move up in class way too fast, even if they finish 4th or 5th (out of the money). This basically makes the game unplayable for those horses, unless you like burning money.

- Genesis horses aren't worth as much as before, as unraced genesis Z5-Z10 aren't particularly exciting as studs, when you can get proven studs to breed with for only a little more money. Also, note that a healthy percentage of genesis Z5-10 are donks.

- The big stables are dominating the game, and there just isn't a way for a normal player to compete with them.

On a side note, I also find it tilting that there's no setting to list the race prices in $ instead of ETH, because last night I found myself accidentally entering a race for 0.0113 ETH instead of 0.0013 ETH, which is $20 versus $2. And while neither is a lot of money, the $20 race is basically unwinnable even for my best horse, and of course he had the worst odds and was drawing dead, so I essentially burned that $20 bill. I'm always having to squint at the screen to make sure I don't screw this up, and occasionally I do anyway.

In my next post I will post my advice based upon what I've seen in the game, as it stands right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are my tips for ZED, as the game stands today. They might introduce changes soon which render this advice obsolete.

1) Don't overpay for a genesis horse or low-Z legendary/elite horse, unless it has a proven track record. If it has a proven track record of failure, stay far, far away.

2) Go to hawku.com or knowyourhorses.com and look up every horse you're considering buying on the secondary market. If you aren't seeing it consistently drawing odds of under 10 at certain lengths, then don't buy it. I can't stress this enough.

3) Breed carefully. Look up the studs you want to choose for breeding on the above-named sites, and only pick proven winner studs. Huge price variance, but you can use zed-nucleus.com to sort the horses both for sale and stud, and get the best ones. Also look at the previous offspring of studs you want to breed with. Successful offspring makes your chance higher of getting a good foal (though sometimes still fails, such as my Tomatoes on the Side horse). Also, if you have a female horse which keeps producing shitty offspring, don't keep paying $ to breed it, unless your plan is just to flip the offspring for a small profit without racing it.

4) Don't obsess over in-house breeding. You only save a little money on it, and you're usually much better off breeding from the outside, unless you have a proven winner horse you'd like to reproduce.

5) Try to get females instead of males, if buying or pahticipating in future drops. Way more valuable and useful. Males don't expand your stable, and there's plenty of cheap studs out there.

6) Don't worry about coat color. Nobody seems to give a shit about it, and it doesn't even show up as rare when you attempt to sell your horse on Opensea, which is a huge flaw. Don't waste $ on a rare coat horse.

7) When it comes to racing, keep checking the odds of past races, and figure out where your horse is good (and it might not be good at anything). If you aren't seeing sub-10 odds consistently come up at any length, your horse is a donk or semi-donk, and you should give up on racing it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and racing is down again.

Load Metric
    I predicted today would be the best time to buy a genesis buterin with the additional supply from the MDD hitting opensea

I was wrong - prices have actually increased somehow

I expect them to go down a bit the next couple days though
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    - Female horses are MUCH more valuable than male horses.
    "Pussy costs money, dick is free." --Chris Rock

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    an unraced z9 genesis filly sold for $256

probably bought by a bot unfortunately

wow some have sold for as little as $176
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    an unraced z9 genesis filly sold for $256

probably bought by a bot unfortunately

wow some have sold for as little as $176
    Is an unraced Z9 that valuable? Maybe a filly, if it's not a complete donk and you mate it with a good stud.

Otherwise I think these may be overrated as parents and even as racers.

Comments

WillieMcFML: Def worth more than $256

Load Metric
    iso Z1 Nakamoto to breed with (lol wow)

Anyway I have a Z9 filly named 'Attention to Beauty', that with a name like that. I doubt its a loser obviously. I would like to breed this Z9 filly with a Z1 Nakamoto stud. Anyone interested PM me please, and next is Twitter.

I realize there is a cpl here who may have a Z1 Nakamoto Stud, so figured I would throw it out there, thanks.

Comments

WillieMcFML: Congrats on the pony

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    garrett created a new thread for the above, which obviously wasn't what I intended when I banned him from this one.

So I merged it here, since the post was normal (aside from not being thread-worthy).

garrett, if you want back into this thread, I can give you another shot, but you need to promise not to argue with people or trash it with nonsense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also apparently you can't breed again for almost a month:

https://www.hawku.com/horse/41925

Comments

garrett: Thanks hadn't realized that as is unraced Genesis horse

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just got my free horse.

Tenor Lass, a Z10 colt. Can't get the damn female horses -- even one called Lass is a dude.

https://zed.run/racehorse/47407

Load Metric
    Garrett, it’s not worth paying the stud fees for a z1 to breed with a z9

You could probably buy an opposite gender buterin U/U for less

Use zed-nucleus.com to try to find a stud, but yeah, no fucking for you for 30 days

My exclusive naka Showtime Ohtani is able to breed around then if you want some naka blood maybe we can work something out

Comments

garrett: ok sounds good and I didnt realize it couldnt breed for 30 days till Druff posted that
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Name:  8D6D8A82-5446-436A-8AFC-EE38A9D32FA7.png
Views: 187
Size:  218.7 KB

The newest addition to my stable

Got him for around $250 unraced

Pulled a 15.58 in the griffy at 1000 meters

Not good odds but not ready to call him a donkey yet

Since he’s a class V horse could get better odds and do better at different distances
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-10-2021 at 02:31 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Might buy a legendary or exclusive naka or szabo filly from doofy

His prices have increased, but still generally below market value

Name:  4B56DD83-7023-457B-8340-6EF53C251153.png
Views: 161
Size:  374.2 KB

I’m waiting for him to breed more offspring but I’m at the top of the list

If anyone is interested in buying a doofy horse let me know and maybe we can work something out

His current ponies for sale:

https://zed.run/stable/doofy-cheap-bred-sales
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-10-2021 at 02:35 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Prices high right now for unraced Genesis horses.

Right now minimum price for a Z10 unraced gensis is $615.

I have five Z9-Z10 genesis and don't have a lot of faith in any.

Hmmmm

Load Metric
    Silent You Stables has added another horse

https://zed.run/racehorse/48219

Paris Saint Germain unraced z15 filly legendary buterin (parents were a finney and a bute both unraced) for $290

finished 4th in it's 2400m griffy with 8.54 odds

best odds i've had in stable yet - could be a good one

if you're looking to get into zed cheap, find an unraced z15 or so legendary

even if it's a donkey you'll likely be able to sell it without losing too much

but the upside could be huge
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-10-2021 at 10:34 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    welcome to Silent You Stables z7 unraced elite naka colt On The Run

https://zed.run/racehorse/48073

paid ~ $560

should be able to get at least the minimum ~ $70 a pop for stud fees since he's a z7 naka

On The Run won his griffy race for $28 w/ 10.53 odds:

https://3d-racing.zed.run/live/kCOAYpM

finally have some ponies to work with
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-10-2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Thread Information