Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wasn't trying to get Catfish into the tournament. But it looks like it's probably happening.

20 races, 43.78 points

Just gotta get her through the last 10 without fucking up, and she's there.

Load Metric
    https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/128993

Spinnerette currently 25th in mid distance

She’s the strangest horse - 71% flames in the 31 races but not one first place

Overall after 50 races has only won twice despite getting flames almost half the time - and doesn’t get a whole lot of 2nds or 3rds either

With her flame rate I’d expect 10+ win percentage
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What a sweat.

Catfish had a bad final race (8th) and it was going to be super close whether she would make class A (where most of the prize pool is).

She ended up 192nd. Cutoff is....

192nd.

Phew!

Delay in confirmation, too, as it had a lag.

Tournaments are posted now. Catfish actually has a flame in her first race!

Begins 5:10am PT

https://3d-racing.zed.run/live/us4GjvJj

Load Metric
    Spinnerette races tomorrow morning in mid-runners 6

https://knowyourhorses.com/races/OXaPhmV

she pulled flames - got a great draw, the field is absolutely horrible
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Gl ankiel came in around 700 I believe. Think he could have made it if he didn’t class up to 1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Gl ankiel came in around 700 I believe. Think he could have made it if he didn’t class up to 1
    yeah, I only had 1/4 even come close

tbh if I were you, I’d shelve ankiel and misty for now and hope they change the class system to your benefit

instead of spending the money to down class them i’d throw $50-$75 at an unraced unnamed bred horse

you can find horses with decent blood super cheap right now

and/or you can try your luck breeding them later this month
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 12-01-2021 at 01:30 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Catfish just OWNED MOTHAFUCKIN HEADS in the quarterfinals, easily galloping to 1st place.

$422 prize right there, and he moves on to the next round. That's my biggest single race win on the site by a wide margin.

Replay here: https://3d-racing.zed.run/replay/us4GjvJj

Semifinals start in 6 hours or so.

Comments

garrett: niceee glgl

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People in Discord already very unhappy about losing the quarterfinals with horses on top of the qualifying leaderboard. One guy said he was mad about getting nothing "for a week of hard work". (LOL)

Actually the biggest injustice in this tournament is the stupid scheme where horses who finish 3rd-5th most often (especially 4th) qualify, but the money winners are the ones who can also win races. So the mediocre/bad qualifiers basically have not shot at winning anything, which defeats the whole purpose of this tournament.

Once again, ZED does something creative but fucks it up in the details.

This tournament scheme helped me (and hopefully will help Willie), as Catfish isn't a donk, so after squeaking into the final qualifying spot in Class A, she was a lot better than the donks put with her in the first round. (Actually two were decent, the rest were pretty bad.)

Willie is up against 11 donks, and it will be an embarrassment if Spinnerette doesn't take it down.

However, it's not all roses for me, because I know Catfish isn't good enough to beat the crushers (and even the semi-crushers) on the site, so it's inevitable that she isn't going to get to the end. Kinda sucks already knowing that. Were it a competition to finish 3rd-5th the whole way, everyone would have a chance.

I also didn't run free races to qualify, nor did I even try until the end, so I just ran Catfish's normal races, and she kinda backed into the qualificiation. So losing the quarters woulda been a much easier pill to swallow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As expected, Catfish was in a race with really tough horses in the semis, and had no shot.

Finished lol 12th (better than 4th, I guess), and is out.

Still banked $422 from winning the quarters, so I'll take it. Catfish just isn't good enough to run super deep in a tourney where winning races is the goal.

Comments

garrett: very nice grats..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Liquidated 4 donks and semidonks in my stable this week, for a total of about 0.14 ETH.

Replaced them with a Z5 female exclusive Nakamoto for 0.082. Just born 2 days ago.

Here she is (has a stupid name, unfortunately): https://www.hawku.com/horse/158182

Has a fairly badass father who is flaming at $25 races at Class 2: https://www.hawku.com/horse/119808

Mother is decent, but not great. Flames $5 races at Class 3: https://www.hawku.com/horse/6811

My new horse is a bit of a mystery, because she hasn't raced much. Seems like she is best at 1800, but we will see. She hasn't been tried at anything above $2.50, other than one $10 race at 1400 where it didn't look like she was good anyway.

My first race with her is a 1800 Class 3 $5 race, so we will see how she does. If she flames there, then high chance I can race her for profit -- at least enough to earn back the 0.082 ETH I spent.

If she turns out to be a semidonk, I can still breed her and perhaps make some good horses, given both her Nak blood and the fact that her father owns heads.

If she turns out to suck at breeding too, I can probably still get most of the money BACK by selling her, so it's not a big gamble.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I think I made a good buy.

Lowballin KYH Princess (KYH refers to knowyourhorses.com) has flamed in the Class III $5 1800m race.

It will run in a few minutes. Regardless of how she does, this is important because it shows she's at least good enough to flame there, and people aren't usually sandbagging at these because they're both middle distance AND $5. The sandbagging takes place primarily at $2.50 races which are short or long.

Therefore, she's against 11 other horses with owners who believe they can compete at Class 3 $5, and she flamed anyway.

Already happy with my purchase.

Incidentally, I tried first for this horse, but missed it by literally 2 minutes: https://www.hawku.com/horse/158181

That horse was sitting there for 6 hours, and somehow another guy decided to buy it at the exact same time as me (at 4am PST, no less). So I missed out there for 0.075, and then tilt bought this one at 0.082.

Honestly this horse looks a bit better because she's a Z5 where the other was a Z7, and the other one also was showing signs of hitting a ceiling at Class 3 $5, whereas this horse might be able to do even better.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What a sweat.

Catfish had a bad final race (8th) and it was going to be super close whether she would make class A (where most of the prize pool is).

She ended up 192nd. Cutoff is....

192nd.

Phew!

Delay in confirmation, too, as it had a lag.

Tournaments are posted now. Catfish actually has a flame in her first race!

Begins 5:10am PT

https://3d-racing.zed.run/live/us4GjvJj
    Catfish with the sweet closing kick!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, my new Nakamoto seemed to be a great buy, flaming in the first 1800 $5 Class 3 race I entered her. She got 4th (bubble spot), but no biggie. Was thrilled to see a flame.

Second identical race -- no flame, but won it!

Third identical race -- no flame, finished 8th.

Blah. So looks like she's not going to be a crusher at 1800 Class 3. However, perhaps I can class her down and try her at $5 races at Class 4, and she might be able to grind out a profit. That's basically what Ptarmigan does, and he's my most profitable horse, even though he lags way behind his dad Flying Stupidity ability-wise.

Also I see she flamed at 1200 $2.50 somehow, and she doesn't have any other short races other than that $10 1400 race, so perhaps she's a better sprinter than mid-racer.

Still trying some shit. I'm interested in seeing what she can do breeding-wise, but that's about 4 weeks away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Announcement this morning:

🥳 We’re making some class system changes! 🥳

Based on community feedback we’re implementing some changes to the current class system as part of our ongoing development. This adjustment will help reposition the majority of racehorses towards the middle of the class system, allowing for more competitive racing. These changes will come into effect this week and will help balance the class system and keep racehorses in the appropriate class for longer. Here are the details:

1. We’re changing the distribution of class points awarded from both paid and free races to the following:

1st: 5 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 2 | 4th: 0 | 5th: 0 | 6th: 0 | 7th: 0 | 8th: -2 | 9th: -2 | 10th: -2 | 11th: -2 | 12th: -2

This means you will be able to lose class points from free races once again.

2. We’re updating the class point brackets as follows:

Class 5: 0-20 | Class 4: 21-50 | Class 3: 51-90 | Class 2: 91-140 | Class 1: 141+

We’d like to thank you for your continued feedback - please keep it coming via the Product Portal: https://product.zed.run/tabs/15-unde...er-development
    Totally underwhelming change. This is really just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The class point earning/losses are still very similar, with only 1st, 2nd, and 7th changing.

The class brackets are a little wider now, but won't really help those who classed way up on free races (where you could only gain points but not lose).

And now they're going to re-enable free racing point losses, which means those can be utilized again for massive sandbagging.

So that last one basically wipes out anything gained from the other changes.

Load Metric
    footium had its club launch the other day, plenty of division 8 clubs on the market at close to original minting price of .05

if you fancy running a virtual soccer club give it a look, the beta of the game starts later this month and game is scheduled to launch later next year

even if you dont think a football manager game is up your street with only 3k supply of the clubs there is a very good chance floor will be higher when the game launches

https://opensea.io/collection/footium-football-club-v2

https://footium.club/
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    new “A shaped” tourney announced

6th and 7th place earns most points

BCB, get Rick and Misty in that tourney - it’s their time to shine!
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Once again they are only paying peple who finish 1st/2nd/3rd in the qualifiers, which is an outrage. These nonstandard tournaments are actually really cool, and they give opportunities to horses which are otherwise glue. However, they fuck up the most important part (the way to actually win something) and again make it a contest where only the good horses can win.

ZED wouldn't be ZED if they didn't find a way to fail at everything. Maybe they should look into a partnership with Caesars.

BTW, something else sorely needed is an unregister button. I accidentally put KROQ Ken in a free race instead of a 1400m $2.50 (where he seems to really shine), and of course he won it, earning me 6 points I didn't want.

One good change coming up is the addition of a "place at any random open gate" button, to where you'll be able to register your horse more easily in races without getting the awful "this gate already taken" message. I suggested this many months ago on their "product improvement" form, as I'm sure many others did. But glad to see it's in the process of being implemented.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have gotten pretty good at figuring out how to race horses profitably. I haven't made big money by any means, but I can post my findings if you guys would like. Right now I'm 0.52 ETH up lifetime in racing: https://knowyourhorses.com/stables/0...rofit_and_loss

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Once again they are only paying peple who finish 1st/2nd/3rd in the qualifiers, which is an outrage. These nonstandard tournaments are actually really cool, and they give opportunities to horses which are otherwise glue. However, they fuck up the most important part (the way to actually win something) and again make it a contest where only the good horses can win.

ZED wouldn't be ZED if they didn't find a way to fail at everything. Maybe they should look into a partnership with Caesars.

BTW, something else sorely needed is an unregister button. I accidentally put KROQ Ken in a free race instead of a 1400m $2.50 (where he seems to really shine), and of course he won it, earning me 6 points I didn't want.

One good change coming up is the addition of a "place at any random open gate" button, to where you'll be able to register your horse more easily in races without getting the awful "this gate already taken" message. I suggested this many months ago on their "product improvement" form, as I'm sure many others did. But glad to see it's in the process of being implemented.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have gotten pretty good at figuring out how to race horses profitably. I haven't made big money by any means, but I can post my findings if you guys would like. Right now I'm 0.52 ETH up lifetime in racing: https://knowyourhorses.com/stables/0...rofit_and_loss

hilarious about this is, and i'm not like others who just think Zed themselves are clueless, lol that's probably not true right...

And I have joked that this all sorta feels like a Mensa Game in some ways now lol, and so I would think they only hire very well thought of College Degrees and bright innovative people, and so to me that means this. They know exactly what they are building and why, who may love it hate it, this isn't being done for no reason they know exactly what kind of Tournaments they are building here now, and obviously they want a little randomness and more luck built into this all. Which does make sense or like Real Thoroughbred horse racing, the best would win over the long run and in digital horse racing not real horses, that cant happen. Secretariat the real horse, wouldn't lose if he had no life span right lol, anyway they too smart at Zed to NOT know exactly everything being built and put out now, I think honestly so its kinda funny in that way somewhat i think too....

They know exactly what they are designing and why

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wish I could be that confident, garrett.

Unfortuantely, it looks like a lot of decisions they make are just spur-of-the-moment, and they don't bother to run simulations or examine much data. It almost appears as if someone is sitting on the toilet, comes up with an idea to make an "improvement", and implements it without further analysis.

They have a very interesting and fun product, but are messing up so many elements which are relatively easy to get right, and yet are still plodding along with big marketing partnership money rolling in, plus a base of players who are loyal despite the fail (myself included).

However, there are some warning signs that things aren't going as great as they'd like -- notably the relative lack of new people coming onboard, the slow disappearance of active players, and the cratering secondary market.

As I post this, you can buy a Z4 Exclusive Nakamoto for 0.043 ETH ($190), whereas just two weeks ago you couldn't find any exclusive Naks for under 0.055. And several weeks before that, it was rare to find an Exclusive Nakamoto for under 0.1.

It's going to be a race between getting everything right and marketing the game properly to noobs, and the VC/partnership money running out. If it's the former, anyone like myself who is well established in the game will be great shape. If it's the latter, the whole thing will eventually crater and fail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like poker isn't the only online game for money with superusers...

https://twitter.com/zed_run/status/1469049633661861889

Thread Information