Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    FREE HORSE

I bred Misty Reign and she’s pretty much glue but might make a good starter horse for someone new to the game

She can breed on December 4th and is a z25 exclusive (also yebsite’s daughter)

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/143497

she’s 100% free for anyone who wants her - if more than one person is interested I’ll find some way to pick a winner (probably whoever I like most)
    I'd be interested and very grateful (but if someone more serious to the game wants her go ahead please).
    she’s all yours

post your stable address and I’ll ship her over - if you don’t already have one you need to make an account with zed

Comments

BetCheckBet:
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 11-14-2021 at 01:30 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    thanks Willie please check PMs

Load Metric
    thanks Willie please check PMs
    reply sent check pm's please
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Misty Reign is on her way and just in time for the free races

put her in a bunch of different distances and see what she does

good luck BCB
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Misty Reign is on her way and just in time for the free races

put her in a bunch of different distances and see what she does

good luck BCB
    Thanks excited to try it out. I’m pretty certain Solana nfts are a bust at this point so will be nice to switch over to this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They've adjusted the minimum breeding fees:

Time to make ponies, not war!

With the price of ETH skyrocketing, minimum breeding fees have risen to nearly double what they were when we last made an adjustment in mid-July. As a result, we are now:

✅ Calculating breeding fees in terms of a set USD value

✅ Adjusting minimum fees to match the original USD value

For full information on the adjusted minimum fees, check out our guide.

Important note: All racehorses will shortly be removed from the stud farm as a result of this update, but can be placed immediately back into the stud farm as normal.

Looking to the future: Protecting the rarity of bloodlines and genotypes in ZED RUN is important. As a result, the team is exploring more dynamic changes to the structure of minimum breeding fees. More information on this will come in a future update.

We may make additional changes to breeding fees if we see large changes in the price of ETH.
    https://twitter.com/ZedGuruOfficial/status/1461097674833383432

Big improvement, but I'm worried about this nonsense regarding "dynamic changes to the structure of minimum breeding fees" coming up. They need to let the free market take care of this, and back off.

Comments

garrett: Free market Capitalism rep... =)

Load Metric
    So I was all excited to see Misty win her first race. Until I realized the free races only increase your rank and not drop it. so now she's stuck in class 4 with no way to drop ranks unless I pay real money to lose numerous times before she falls back to her proper class 5. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully the developers have a way to correct such a system.

Comments

WillieMcFML: Congrats on her first dub

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They have changed the class point earning scheme, supposedly to stop the sandbagging/tanking problem.

It looks like they did this on the spur of the moment, with no real research.

Before, you would get 4 class points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, 1 for 4th, 0 for 5th through 8th, then -1 for 9th, -2 for 10th, -3 for 11th, and -4 for 12th.

This benefitted "U-Shaped" horses -- ones who most often finish either near the front or back of the pack. Here is a perfectly U-shaped horse: https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/18904 (scroll down to "Final Positions")

Unfortunately, he's not mine.

Here's my U-Shaped horse, Ptarmigan: https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/69570

Anyway, they changed the point scheme:

1st: 6 points, 2nd: 4 points, 3rd: 2 points, 4th-6th: 0 points, 7th-12th: -2 points

The problem comes from the 6 points from 1st and 4 from second. This just classes your horse up way too fast, and it becomes difficult to class back down. The result? Too many horses will get trapped at classes they can't beat.

Some people have said, "Fuck the U-Shaped horses. They had an unfair advantage all this time."

The problem is that this screws more than just the U-Shapers.

Observe one of my better horses, Projekt SEP: https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/107454/drilldown

Notice he's more W-shaped than U-shaped.

He crushes the Class IV $5 races, but can't beat $5 races at Class III. This change forced him to Class III. I attempted to tank him back down to IV by racing at $2.50 races where he doesn't typically perform well (lengths 1000m-1400m). In the five races I tried, he got 1st, 3rd, 5th, 11th, and 12th -- for a gain of 4 points! Sad! Under the old system, he would have lost 1 point.

So it's getting tiresome, and I'm getting demotivated from racing.

Willie told me that they're going to change breeding prices, which is also sorely needed.
    I wish I would have paid more attention to this comment...

It also seems that the optimal way to be successful in this game is to sandbag.

Load Metric
    so zed changed the algo without telling anyone

people also noticed language slipped into the terms and conditions that gate preference could effect the outcome

they have the built the greatest game but their communication is woefully inadequate
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

people also noticed language slipped into the terms and conditions that gate preference could effect the outcome

they have the built the greatest game but their communication is woefully inadequate
    Any theories yet regarding which gates are better?

I know gates 1 and 12 are the least popular choices, presumably for aesthetics reasons.

Load Metric
    So are you guys making money on this or just having fun ?

Comments

WillieMcFML: previously yes but market is down now and profits are slim
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    If any of you like management games this soccer manager game is about to have the public release in 3 1/2 hours

It's .05 Eth to mint each football club, game launches in q1 2022 could be big if they can manage to make it a work.

I bought 2 clubs already in the first wave of mints will probably get another 3 today. Even if you have no interest in playing a soccer manager game you will likely be able to sell your club for more than you paid once game is launched.

https://footium.club/

Comments

WillieMcFML: I’d take a flyer if I was home
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    All football players will be NFTs and your club will make new ones every year, a few if the massive accounts from sorare are onto this already so definitely money to be made imo.

They have sold 1/3k total clubs already so that's not much supply if the game takes off.

Load Metric

I know gates 1 and 12 are the least popular choices, presumably for aesthetics reasons.
    each horse is minted with a specific gate preference

there isn’t any proof they’ve activated it yet, but someone did notice it was slipped into the TOC’s very recently

Edit: the gate preference might work like distance preference to where you run better closest to that preferred gate and run worse the farther you are away from it so it could take some serious discovery to dial it in
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    I will add this as someone who has played online management games since 1997.

Why the hell isn’t this just cash?

I don’t wanna waste my time calculating how much 0.017 eth is each day. I don’t wanna get stuck with gas fees. Just make everything usd and let me buy with my credit card.

I suppose the idea is as an nft it gives you complete control of how you handle your horse outside of the game. But if developers have full control of games rules and can adjust things as they wish that seems like a moot point.

But maybe that’s because I look at this as more of a game than investment. Would love to hear reasons how using crypto here makes it better than straight up cash. I’m assuming legality is probably an issue too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

there isn’t any proof they’ve activated it yet, but someone did notice it was slipped into the TOC’s very recently

Edit: the gate preference might work like distance preference to where you run better closest to that preferred gate and run worse the farther you are away from it so it could take some serious discovery to dial it in
    Projekt SEP might be a good one for me to use to experiment here.

He was pwning heads until a few days ago, and now he's constantly losing.

Starting 11/16 (is that when the new TOS took effect?), he stopped flaming at Class IV $5 distance races as much, and also started losing even when he did flame. Prior to that, it was a flame almost every time, and he frequently showed (and won at a nice clip).

Here's the races he's done since then, all $5 at Class IV. All listed in format length/flame/place/gate/better top 3 (Y/N)
    2400m/N/2/7/Y
    2400m/N/8/9/Y
    2400m/N/10/9/N
    2200m/Y/3/4/Y
    2400m/N/1/9/N
    2200m/Y/4/8/N
    2600m/N/8/8/Y
    2400m/Y/5/7/N
    2400m/N/7/7/N
    2400m/N/8/7/N
    2200m/Y/8/6/N
    2200m/Y/11/9/N
    2200m/Y/5/4/N
    2400m/Y/8/9/N
    2200m/Y/4/8/N

Clearly he flames more at 2200 than 2400 and 2600.

However, looking at where he was one of the best 3 horses and didn't flame, he was at gates 9 and 7 twice. He flamed at game 4 once when there were better horses who didnt't flame. He flamed as expected when at gates 4, 5, 6, 8 twice, and 9 twice. He didn't flame when you'd expect he wouldn't at gates 7, 8, and 9.

Can I conclude anything from this? Not really. It does look possible that gates 4-6 are better than 7-9, since he over-flamed at 4, under-flamed at 7 and 9 twice, and flamed as expected at 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 thrilce and 9 thrice.

Sample size is small though.

Load Metric

Projekt SEP might be a good one for me to use to experiment here.

He was pwning heads until a few days ago, and now he's constantly losing.

Starting 11/16 (is that when the new TOS took effect?), he stopped flaming at Class IV $5 distance races as much, and also started losing even when he did flame. Prior to that, it was a flame almost every time, and he frequently showed (and won at a nice clip).

Here's the races he's done since then, all $5 at Class IV. All listed in format length/flame/place/gate/better top 3 (Y/N)
    2400m/N/2/7/Y
    2400m/N/8/9/Y
    2400m/N/10/9/N
    2200m/Y/3/4/Y
    2400m/N/1/9/N
    2200m/Y/4/8/N
    2600m/N/8/8/Y
    2400m/Y/5/7/N
    2400m/N/7/7/N
    2400m/N/8/7/N
    2200m/Y/8/6/N
    2200m/Y/11/9/N
    2200m/Y/5/4/N
    2400m/Y/8/9/N
    2200m/Y/4/8/N

Clearly he flames more at 2200 than 2400 and 2600.

However, looking at where he was one of the best 3 horses and didn't flame, he was at gates 9 and 7 twice. He flamed at game 4 once when there were better horses who didnt't flame. He flamed as expected when at gates 4, 5, 6, 8 twice, and 9 twice. He didn't flame when you'd expect he wouldn't at gates 7, 8, and 9.

Can I conclude anything from this? Not really. It does look possible that gates 4-6 are better than 7-9, since he over-flamed at 4, under-flamed at 7 and 9 twice, and flamed as expected at 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 thrilce and 9 thrice.

Sample size is small though.
    i have a horse seems like his plateau was Class 2 im realizing. Class 1 has never got a fire so isnt projecting well vs. the Class 1 fields, hasn't podiumed but once i think a 3rd, competition got way harder, 2 days ago in a Free race because of the Tournament its got the great horses in it. I raced LBJ Goat and Artois in one Race they finished 1/2 lol..... i think i was 6/7/8 something so not bad run it 10000 times i dont hate Mean Girls shot, for being a z13 Elite Bute also, anyway Competition which should be expected gets noticeably more the higher Classes you go

Load Metric
    BCB

Please don’t feel like you have to keep and run misty forever

the whole point of giving her away was just to give someone an entry to zedrun

so if you can sell her to move into a better horse do it
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    BCB

No worries. I’m curious about running horses in these free races. Are we not just artificially boosting them outside of their desired class? Since you can’t lose points like a normal race?

I still feel misty may have some chance in mile runs. Plus she has good genes I believe. But yes trying to decide whether to breed her or buy new horse altogether.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCB

No worries. I’m curious about running horses in these free races. Are we not just artificially boosting them outside of their desired class? Since you can’t lose points like a normal race?

I still feel misty may have some chance in mile runs. Plus she has good genes I believe. But yes trying to decide whether to breed her or buy new horse altogether.
    You should absolutely not do the free races now. Almost all the horses who try will get no benefit, and will just end up classing up where they don't belong.

In general, once you find a horse which can win at a certain length and buyin, the model should be this:

- Keep racing at that length and class where you win

- Once you move up classes, enter into $2.50 races at the length your horse does worst, and keep losing until you class back down

This has gotten harder with the point system changes, but you can still do it. But yeah, avoid the free races.

Comments

BetCheckBet: Thanks unfortunately took me levelling up ten points before realizing this

Thread Information