Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Load Metric
    the cross outs are normal - happened last time

everyone in wave 1 made out like a bandit

druff’s stable can now grow exponentially and is probably worth $20k+
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    yeah been enjoying reading the shit show on twitter what a terrible response hey we fucked up the second drop in a row, see yall monday wtf lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    What in the actual fuck is this? Please take my money!

Load Metric
    i know you been big on this for a while willie but gotta factor in how much confidence gonna take a hit after this id be nervous putting anything into this after whats gone on

Comments

WillieMcFML: still bullish zed has staying power but they do have to fix these drops
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    like i said its a great concept but the people running the show are clearly fucking clueless hard to have faith in a company like that with 10's of thousands on the line

Load Metric
    ive got like 5 eth tied up in soccer nfts in a fantasy football game so this is defo something up my alley but i dont think id feel so confident about putting anything into this

Comments

rum dick: Pussy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    i know you been big on this for a while willie but gotta factor in how much confidence gonna take a hit after this id be nervous putting anything into this after whats gone on
    Yeah I'm a little worried this might crater, so my now 7-strong stable of horses (provided I actually get them) isn't as exciting to me as it could be.

I can already see some glaring technical errors in their drop.

For example, due to all the screen movement of horses appearing and disappearing, it's easy to accidentally click on the horse itself, where it brings you to a description page of the horse, with a beautiful 3D rendering. That's the last thing they want when their server is being strained.

Furthermore, even without that, I notice that when freezing is occurring, my laptop fan starts spinning, indiciating a heavy CPU event. This means that the webpage isn't just stuck -- it is heavily processing something (likely a rapid refresh of some kind), which is likely taxing on their end, as well. So I think it's very possible that a drop with a ton of users causes their system to heat up exponentially, and then you get the epic fail we're seeing.

Clearly the way they have it set up isn't working. Even if it worked flawlessly, it has logistical issues, such as the problem where horses are constantly disappearing and the screen shuffles, plus the issue where it's multiple steps to buy them, and you keep having the problem where you go through those steps and find out someone was ahead of you, and it's back to square one.

They really should have some sort of queue where you select the type of horse(s) you're looking for, then when it's your turn, it spits out a few for you, and you have some short period to buy one (maybe 60 seconds).

I'm just riffing here with ideas off the top of my head, but it's insane that they did this almost the exact same way as last time, and had a worse result.

And as I said earlier, the Monday update is dreadful communication, given the low confidence right now. The correct thing is to promise like 10% off all horses for the replacement drop, and then to give updates on a blog every few hours or whatever.

Load Metric
    i think if it craters or not depends on how fun the actual game is, it sure looks it at first impressions at least

i think as with all nft's its still a really new market, so if you believe in the concept its still a pretty exciting position you are in

if you are long on the product id still be pretty happy with what you have bought, if you were just after a quick flip then id imagine it will be a buyers market in the short term

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    i think if it craters or not depends on how fun the actual game is, it sure looks it at first impressions at least

i think as with all nft's its still a really new market, so if you believe in the concept its still a pretty exciting position you are in

if you are long on the product id still be pretty happy with what you have bought, if you were just after a quick flip then id imagine it will be a buyers market in the short term
    Todd’s put in maybe $4-$4.5k so far. He could get almost all that back today by selling his 4 cheapest horses (that cost him about $750 total) while still keeping his 3 most expensive (by far)

I may sound like a shill but the zed economy is strong. Look how many times and ways top shot failed

all zed needs to do is fix their drops - the actual product is amazing (and addictingly fun)
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Latest problem discovered:

Remember how I said there were plenty of horses left to buy between 5:10 and 5:19 from Wave 1?

Well, apparently I didn't have to wait until 5:10. They said we did, but it turns out that wasn't necessary. Someone exploited this and got 34 (!!) horses. I actually waited 'til 5:10 and didn't test this. What a joke.

https://twitter.com/joventuraz/status/1403182198027702274

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's a guide to coat color.

All of mine are common.

https://medium.com/@zed_run/breeding...r-71f5f54c7f2a

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Welp drop is cancelled. They said if you were able to purchase a horse though rest assured you’ll get it.

If Druff gets 5 horses from a cancelled drop then that’s the most ridiculous thing ever. Hope you do of course but just shows how AIDS this thing truly is.
    spontaneous generation FTW

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Druff do you get to name the horses? If so name one Silent But Zedly

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When's Christopher Mitchell going to be posting his hot tips for this?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    genesis horses are already named, you can name any horse you breed

already suggested KROQ Ken to druff

i will of course be naming one of my first offspring yebsite

i'm honesty so jealous of druff - he's pahticipated in 2 drops and has gone from a no-horser to a whale stable, and he still gets another chance when the drop resumes

the lowest drop price for a horse was $123, and those horses go for $900+ on the secondary market

the person who was able to get 34 horses made about $30k minimum in 20 minutes

the way it was set up with the 10 minute cool down period after your first purchase i only had enough weth for one horse because i thought getting more than one would be near impossible

after druff said he was able to buy 5 i rushed an eth transfer and it literally hit my zed account with 10 seconds before my drop only to get SHUT OUT
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    genesis horses are already named, you can name any horse you breed

already suggested KROQ Ken to druff

i will of course be naming one of my first offspring yebsite

i'm honesty so jealous of druff - he's pahticipated in 2 drops and has gone from a no-horser to a whale stable, and he still gets another chance when the drop resumes

the lowest drop price for a horse was $123, and those horses go for $900+ on the secondary market

the person who was able to get 34 horses made about $30k minimum in 20 minutes

the way it was set up with the 10 minute cool down period after your first purchase i only had enough weth for one horse because i thought getting more than one would be near impossible

after druff said he was able to buy 5 i rushed an eth transfer and it literally hit my zed account with 10 seconds before my drop only to get SHUT OUT
    He's a stable genius

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/zed_run/status/1403209606927585282

https://twitter.com/zed_run/status/1403209612006805511

Will someone tell these retards that you don't peace out for 4 days after your second major drop fails in that many tries?

Load Metric
    I had a Wave 4 Drop (still do I guess) and the problems started happening in the Wave 1 and 2 drops. Which were 15 minutes each and had problems, so Wave 3 and 4, mine got canceled for now. Surprised me how its only Friday, and they said they'll communicate again Monday, which is days away. Hopeful it all works out and this was just the result of so much interest, maybe unexpectedly in this game now. It is a great idea and hopefully long=run this whole situation becomes inconsequential in the grand scheme of things of course. Zed looks so fun, and has so much potential I believe, but I just hope now they don't Top Shot it away also now, sad

(still have good hope for this, Zed looks fantastic in theory)

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 1.20.01 PM.png
Views: 340
Size:  156.1 KB

yeah guys stick with it, keep the dream alive, and if everything goes well, this will totally be another topshot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information