Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Load Metric
    I remember playing f1live manager back in late 90s. I ended up getting to the top division. People had calculated everything through excel functions. And in the end cheating was rampant at top division (bug exploits and collusion) Keep in mind this was a game with no prizes 25 years ago. 100 percent if you are not playing in a group or players and using outside software you are the fish.

Can only imagine what is going on in this game…. That would be my main reason I would never touch it. Years of playing old school browser mmo games has taught me you need major anti cheat systems for stuff like this. With the amount of money involved I find it highly unlikely you do not have top players who are either extremely close or the game developers themselves.

I will say it’s a shame because I absolutely love games like these and they were how I spent much of my free time before online poker. But having been at the top of the ecosystem it really opens your eyes and leads to a high level of cynicism.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 08-24-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I remember playing f1live manager back in late 90s. I ended up getting to the top division. People had calculated everything through excel functions. And in the end cheating was rampant at top division (bug exploits and collusion) Keep in mind this was a game with no prizes 25 years ago. 100 percent if you are not playing in a group or players and using outside software you are the fish.

Can only imagine what is going on in this game…. That would be my main reason I would never touch it. Years of playing old school browser mmo games has taught me you need major anti cheat systems for stuff like this. With the amount of money involved I find it highly unlikely you do not have top players who are either extremely close or the game developers themselves.

I will say it’s a shame because I absolutely love games like these and they were how I spent much of my free time before online poker. But having been at the top of the ecosystem it really opens your eyes and leads to a high level of cynicism.
    I'm a net positive in racing. Not big money by any means (I don't own a horse good enough to win the few high stakes races on there), but I am up overall.

Flying is up 0.06 ETH, Ptarmigan up 0.06 ETH, Catfish up 0.04 ETH, for a total of 0.16 ETH -- about $510. I've lost cumulative on the other horses, but I haven't raced them much, and so they're down very little overall.

But yes, there's definitely a lot of exploting of the system going on, and probably a little collusion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I'm a net positive in racing. Not big money by any means (I don't own a horse good enough to win the few high stakes races on there), but I am up overall.

Flying is up 0.06 ETH, Ptarmigan up 0.06 ETH, Catfish up 0.04 ETH, for a total of 0.16 ETH -- about $510. I've lost cumulative on the other horses, but I haven't raced them much, and so they're down very little overall.

But yes, there's definitely a lot of exploting of the system going on, and probably a little collusion.
    And that is the best way to play it, sticking to proper game selection. Guys like moneymaker gonna get destroyed. But I'm guessing he has enough money that it doesn;t matter to him.

I did speak to a friend of mine a few hours ago who is my go to for crypto (has made enough to buy a house from it). He told me he knew a few guys who literally made 100ks in 2 hours by minting NFTs but it really was about getting in early. He felt like most of these NFTs games were "basically a scam unless you are in early" He did however state he foudn the idea behind being able to breed and mint new horses "cool and quite innovative".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding Moneymaker, I heard that he was part of Roothlus' stable, Zerga Farms.

However, I happened to see Zerga in the Discord, so I asked if he was Roothlus. He said no, but that Roothlus was his partner in this venture. I asked if Moneymaker was involved, and he said no.

Moneymaker said he bought a Z1 Nakamoto for $37k. If he really did, he could sell it now for a good profit.

Load Metric
    Regarding Moneymaker, I heard that he was part of Roothlus' stable, Zerga Farms.

However, I happened to see Zerga in the Discord, so I asked if he was Roothlus. He said no, but that Roothlus was his partner in this venture. I asked if Moneymaker was involved, and he said no.

Moneymaker said he bought a Z1 Nakamoto for $37k. If he really did, he could sell it now for a good profit.

moneymaker is doing just fine - a lot of his horses are donkeys, but he has a bunch of them

he either has a second stable or he sold his z1

link to moneymaker stud farm below

https://knowyourhorses.com/stables/0...4130644Bc34CB9
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

moneymaker is doing just fine - a lot of his horses are donkeys, but he has a bunch of them

he either has a second stable or he sold his z1

link to moneymaker stud farm below

https://knowyourhorses.com/stables/0...4130644Bc34CB9
    He does have a ton of horses, and I skimmed it quickly. But does he really not have a single horse which is good?

It seems like the only horses with good odds have one griffin race, and that's it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ANNOUNCEMENT
    2 days ago

Degraded Site Experience Due to Downstream Provider

ZED RUN is currently suffering a degraded site experience. Polygon events are not syncing as expected causing a huge delay in what is displayed to the user relative to the actual state of the blockchain.

This impacts racing, breeding, horse transfers and the correct display of sales via Opensea in the stable.

The team is actively working on building an alternative via other providers while we await for the 3rd party to resolve their syncing issue.

Thank you for your patience. Your horses are safe.

Comments

garrett: lolz too many fails, i hope it ends soon, and MATIC is a mess too

Load Metric
    also my opinion after looking at Moneymaker Stud Farm is...

he may have sold his Z1 did good and has now reinvested that Capital back into his Zed stable. He has a very good looking and big Stable. Them Szabo/finney Genesis horses he has are obviously great, especially the Szabo Genesis. So my veiw is he may have sold it, then reinvested back into this Zed stable above here, its not bad and probably will be good in time, especially because hell have a big stable, and be breeding. So its smart too id think, if he sold it and reinvested that money into this stable. And his stable is good lol, especially that Szabo Genesis one....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well ZED has been a shitshow for the past week, due to Polygon/MATIC problems.

Not directly ZED's fault, as they have no control over Polygon, but basing all of their transactions on that platform may not have been the brightest decision, given its lack of known stability.

Now it seems they're looking to move it away from Polygon/MATIC, which of course will take some time, and might really derail the project for awhile.

Honestly I really hope ZED succeeds because:

1) I have 8 unraced genesis horses, 12 other horses, and 3 of those 12 are good racers

2) It's fun

But if it drags like this for too long, on top of all the other fail, this might really kill a lot of the public's enthusiasm for it. They kinda got past the other fail amazingly, and this one isn't a big deal if they can rectify it before too long, but it's getting near a week, and that's worrisome.

Load Metric
    Well ZED has been a shitshow for the past week, due to Polygon/MATIC problems.

Not directly ZED's fault, as they have no control over Polygon, but basing all of their transactions on that platform may not have been the brightest decision, given its lack of known stability.

Now it seems they're looking to move it away from Polygon/MATIC, which of course will take some time, and might really derail the project for awhile.

Honestly I really hope ZED succeeds because:

1) I have 8 unraced genesis horses, 12 other horses, and 3 of those 12 are good racers

2) It's fun

But if it drags like this for too long, on top of all the other fail, this might really kill a lot of the public's enthusiasm for it. They kinda got past the other fail amazingly, and this one isn't a big deal if they can rectify it before too long, but it's getting near a week, and that's worrisome.
    yeah its interesting, and when you say shit show, im like ok not really/totally

if you just remove the PR stuff LOL, which is hilarious hire someone to do that, but they dont do front line PR very well. And it makes sense, this is a LOL algorithm generated computer horse racing game, oh and using Cryptocurrency so you have to build out transactional as well. Which atm, Zed is great, but I can see maybe its to scalability issue. because its whats MATIC (so Weth) is having issued with now. And MATIC went up big in the past month or two, so its being used. Zed is one of the new real reasons, MATIC tokens being used. But its all having issues, bc honestly, I dont think it can handle it all, even the Polygon clog and not syncing LOL, overloaded, gears smoking lolz. Scalability issues, its fun to see tho, funny stuff. Some real world new cutting edge Technology stuff being born right here, right before our eyes too.

Zed cool

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

he may have sold his Z1 did good and has now reinvested that Capital back into his Zed stable. He has a very good looking and big Stable. Them Szabo/finney Genesis horses he has are obviously great, especially the Szabo Genesis. So my veiw is he may have sold it, then reinvested back into this Zed stable above here, its not bad and probably will be good in time, especially because hell have a big stable, and be breeding. So its smart too id think, if he sold it and reinvested that money into this stable. And his stable is good lol, especially that Szabo Genesis one....
    Please reread what you wrote. You basically said the same thing 4 or 5 times. You don’t need to do that. Please reread what you wrote. You basically said the same thing 4 or 5 times. You don’t need to do that

Comments

Sheesfaced: Lolz
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Please reread what you wrote. You basically said the same thing 4 or 5 times. You don’t need to do that. Please reread what you wrote. You basically said the same thing 4 or 5 times. You don’t need to do that
    Karen Nathan = garrett

Silver
    Load Metric
    Willie , Druff et al can anyone tell me what going rate for an unraced Genesis Z9 Filly is? I’ve been busy with other priorities since I got my horse. Just wondering what I could theoretically sell for on secondary?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Willie , Druff et al can anyone tell me what going rate for an unraced Genesis Z9 Filly is? I’ve been busy with other priorities since I got my horse. Just wondering what I could theoretically sell for on secondary?
    .85 eth or around $2700

i should have retired this one after her griffy

https://www.hawku.com/horse/42949

like this one

https://www.hawku.com/horse/69572

i love to race and it's cost me

Comments

Sheesfaced: Ty
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you want to immortalize your best horse into a figurine/plaque for your desk, now you can, for $25.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1075311...-statue-custom

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fire gave me the ability to resurrect a horse I had quit racing.

Dead Money had just 1 win, 2 seconds, and 3 thirds out of 31 races. He was drawing above average odds, but just wasn't winning.

Fire showed that he had talent at 1600/1800/2000, and basically nothing else.

I started racing him again and he's gotten 1st and 2nd, both with fire. He's Flying Stupidity's brother.

People are using the fatigue feature to tank, btw. I don't know if they've fixed that yet. ZED is claiming they're working on it.

Comments

WillieMcFML:

Load Metric
    Fire gave me the ability to resurrect a horse I had quit racing.

Dead Money had just 1 win, 2 seconds, and 3 thirds out of 31 races. He was drawing above average odds, but just wasn't winning.

Fire showed that he had talent at 1600/1800/2000, and basically nothing else.

I started racing him again and he's gotten 1st and 2nd, both with fire. He's Flying Stupidity's brother.

People are using the fatigue feature to tank, btw. I don't know if they've fixed that yet. ZED is claiming they're working on it.
    Give him a big dose of ivermectin he’ll perk right up.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    i bred my z9 genesis mare bute and got Rick Ankiel - may have something here

2 races, 2 flames - 2nd in his griffy, and 1st in a $10 class V race where 4 horses had a 12% win or better

i'd give $50 to know his true odds

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/95270

caveat: everyone seems to think racing is pretty soft right now

i tried to breed a super coat today from yEBSITE - wasn't a SC but at least got a filly w/ a rare coat - yEBSITE's daughter

as of now i haven't named or raced her - which would be a first for me if i can have some restraint

i've probably cost myself several grand by racing horses instead of keeping them mint and reselling them

i have yeb's daughter listed for about $250 on opensea, but if anyone here wants a starter horse, i'd take $200 in paypal or crypto

z28 buterin exclusive filly - 2/4 grandparents are finneys

she can breed you another pony in 27 days

https://www.hawku.com/horse/97072
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 09-04-2021 at 09:59 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah Rick Ankiel looks like a winner.

Probably related to the father being good (though only 1 race sample size), and the mom being okayish.

My biggest excitement in ZED has been breeding horses and discovering the ones that were good.

Comments

WillieMcFML: until he gets the yips

Thread Information