Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So... some observations about my Flying Stupidity/Ptarmigan father-son duo.

Flying can't handle Class I. He draws mediocre/bad odds, and keeps losing, but not far enough back to lose rating points. It's infuriating. They need to change this system. He belongs in Class II.

Ptarmigan is probably the Fernando Tatis Jr to Flying's Fernando Tatis. He's on quite a run. In his last 10 races, he has 5 first, 3 seconds, a third, and a twelvth. Some of those were ones I intentionally tried to lose by entering him at non-preferred lengths!

https://www.hawku.com/horse/69570

He's about to bust out of Class IV, so we'll see how he handles the next class up. He seems a lot more U-shaped than his dad, though, which is good.

BTW, I am not impressed with these speed analysis tools. I think what they fail to take into account is that the horses tend to mimic the speed of the competition. So if you have a track where everyone is running fast, you'll also run fast, even if you're a donk. So the average speed & standard dev really doesn't mean much.

So far the only metrics which seem to matter are the ones already on knowyourhorses and hawku -- place distribution, average odds, and average odds by length.

Comments

garrett: Zed stat analysis lol....

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    by entering him at non-preferred lengths!
    You sick sick man, Druff.

Comments

garrett: LoL druff is Zed huslin already
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure how many of you are still into this besides me and Willie, but...

Base breeding prices (the cheapest than one can charge to stud their horse) are going UP UP UP starting Friday. The only exception involves Buterin horses, which will remain the same. This is supposedly being done to make Buterin studs get picked more, but in reality it looks more like a money grab.

I have 3 good horses so far:

Flying Stupidity Z11 Finney
    Ptarmigan Z18 Finney
    Catfish Z11 Buterin

Flying is a "Legendary", meaning 2nd generation. Ptarmigan and Catfish are "Exclusives", meaning 3rd generation. Flying is Ptarmigan's father.

I just made Catfish last night. I'm proud of that one because I mated one of my Z9 Buterin genesis horses with a cheap Z2 legendary Nakamoto, so I only paid $95, and not only got a good horse out of it, but also she's female.

All of my attempts to mate with good Finney and Buterin studs in other stables have resulted in disappointing offspring, with the exception of Flying Stupidity.

If you have female horses which can still breed right now, I would scour for Z2-Z3 legendaries at good prices, and give it a shot. Catfish was the first good kid of mine from a Buterin horse, and this was probably why -- since the dad was a Z2, and yet I didn't break the bank to do it.

I haven't raced any of my genesis horses yet. They hold higher value that way, at least for the moment. My genesis horse count is:

1 Z6 female
    1 Z6 male
    1 Z7 female
    2 Z9 male
    2 Z9 female
    1 Z10 male

So far each female has produced exactly one good horse, except for one of the Z9s, who has produced all average or worse offspring so far.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New breeding prices now effective. This makes it more expensive to breed anything but a Buterin (which remained the same).

Genesis minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1350 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0990 ETH
    Finney: 0.0510 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0360 ETH

Legendary minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1305 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0945 ETH
    Finney: 0.0465 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0315 ETH

Exclusive minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1260 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0900 ETH
    Finney: 0.0420 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0270 ETH

Before the breeding minimums for all horses were the same as Buterins presently are.

This helps owners of genesis Buterins, but fucks everyone else who simply wants a passive income by studding their horses at the minimum price.

This really fucks those who look for great breeding deals, such as myself. FYI, before this change, I bred with a Z2 legendary for 0.0315 ETH, to create Catfish, who is one of my top 3 horses. Today doing so would be more than 4x as expensive. Ouch!

Also, notice that the discounts for breeding with non-genesis horses is small. An exclusive (3rd gen) Nakamoto is 0.1260 minimum, and a genesis is 0.1350. This really screws over owners of non-genesis horses who want to stud them, as well as stable owners who want to take a cheap shot at breeding with non-genesis horses.

Sad!

Load Metric
    New breeding prices now effective. This makes it more expensive to breed anything but a Buterin (which remained the same).

Genesis minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1350 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0990 ETH
    Finney: 0.0510 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0360 ETH

Legendary minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1305 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0945 ETH
    Finney: 0.0465 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0315 ETH

Exclusive minimums:
    Nakamoto: 0.1260 ETH
    Szabo: 0.0900 ETH
    Finney: 0.0420 ETH
    Buterin: 0.0270 ETH

Before the breeding minimums for all horses were the same as Buterins presently are.

This helps owners of genesis Buterins, but fucks everyone else who simply wants a passive income by studding their horses at the minimum price.

This really fucks those who look for great breeding deals, such as myself. FYI, before this change, I bred with a Z2 legendary for 0.0315 ETH, to create Catfish, who is one of my top 3 horses. Today doing so would be more than 4x as expensive. Ouch!

Also, notice that the discounts for breeding with non-genesis horses is small. An exclusive (3rd gen) Nakamoto is 0.1260 minimum, and a genesis is 0.1350. This really screws over owners of non-genesis horses who want to stud them, as well as stable owners who want to take a cheap shot at breeding with non-genesis horses.

Sad!
    Let them eat cakecoin!

Heads will roll.

THE PEOPLE DEMAND CHEAP HORSEFUCKING

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    SCANDAL BREWING?

Check out these three genesis Z2:

"This Is Not It", "Something I See", and "That Time Again".

https://www.hawku.com/horse/75292

https://www.hawku.com/horse/75302

https://www.hawku.com/horse/75310

All born within 11 minutes (notice the numbers are with 18 of each other), 8/11/21.

There has not been a genesis drop in a long time. How did this happen? Insider drops to friends?

Would kinda be nice to see some transparency here.

Load Metric
    SCANDAL BREWING?

All born within 11 minutes (notice the numbers are with 18 of each other), 8/11/21.

There has not been a genesis drop in a long time. How did this happen? Insider drops to friends?

weird, do you have a source?

maybe these were stella, preakness, or atari auction horses?
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 08-20-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    ive never wondered until now, but how do you know how many of the 38k Genesis Horses are already minted, whats to say they have only Minted 23k genesis horses yet of the 38k to this date. Is there any way to know that. I assume your wondering this off of, a real way of knowing, or no. Couldn't Zed just have not Minted the full 38k Genesis horses With and with future plans in store ,or another Drop maybe. Wouldnt it only be Zed who knows exactly what number of Genesis horses were Minted, and when. Or is this not how it works, im not sure of that minting process of the NFT and all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    SCANDAL BREWING?

Just saw it discussed on Discord, but 100% these are new horses. Look at the Hawku links.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    ive never wondered until now, but how do you know how many of the 38k Genesis Horses are already minted, whats to say they have only Minted 23k genesis horses yet of the 38k to this date. Is there any way to know that. I assume your wondering this off of, a real way of knowing, or no. Couldn't Zed just have not Minted the full 38k Genesis horses With and with future plans in store ,or another Drop maybe. Wouldnt it only be Zed who knows exactly what number of Genesis horses were Minted, and when. Or is this not how it works, im not sure of that minting process of the NFT and all.
    it's on a blockchain bro, that's one of the benefits of this ECOSYSTEM
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric

Just saw it discussed on Discord, but 100% these are new horses. Look at the Hawku links.
    i tweeted at SSR, haven't gotten a response back
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I think there's like 10,400 genesis horses still to be given out. I assume they are going to charge more next time, due to market forces, but maybe they'll keep the price the same, given the bad blood regarding previous drop fails.

You gotta think if they keep the price the same, there will be tons of flippers attempting to get them. Maybe the next drop should only be for Zed users registered before the prior drop.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Zed really glitchy over past 36 hours or so. Really tough to get into races. Tons of errors. Not sure what's going on. Seems to coincide with latest breeding price update, so maybe they fucked something else up at the same time.

BTW, I keep reading that the lower breeding prices were a "bug", and that we are back to the prices which were originally intended. Okay... I believe that. But it doesn't matter. Turns out the "bug" created a better system, as it allowed more free market breeding pricing, where the deal hunter could get some great bargains if they were fast enough, and stud owners could generate guaranteed instant revenue if they priced low enough. I felt the existing floor levels were high enough, thus keeping breeding prices from falling to something like $10.

Now this basically prices most non-genesis horses out of breeding, and also prevents most players from getting any kind of direct Nakamoto/Szabo blood into their stable, without wasting a ton of money ending up with a bunch of donks.

The "incorrect" breeding prices of before were kinda like those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercials. Or the invention of penicillin. Sometimes an uintended action can bring good results, and you should just go with it.

Load Metric
    racing is absolutely brutal right now with races going off within 5-10 minutes

it's not uncommon for a $2.50 class IV race to have 8 or 9 horses with 12% win or higher

also, druff, did anyone in discord ask jay about the new genesis mints?
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    racing is absolutely brutal right now with races going off within 5-10 minutes

it's not uncommon for a $2.50 class IV race to have 8 or 9 horses with 12% win or higher

also, druff, did anyone in discord ask jay about the new genesis mints?
    When it was being discussed, Jay wasn't there, nor was any other ZED employee.

I'm not super concerned about it, but it's just kinda weird. Like, if they wanted to give out a few Z2s to friends or whatever, that's fine. They never promised that 100% of the genesis horses would be given in public drops. Just isn't a good look.

I'm more concerned about the breeding changes, and I'm bothered that the most vocal stable owners are selfishly praising it, knowing it will benefit them and their genesis horses. Look, I have 8 genesis horses myself, but I still don't want this. So far the greatest pleasure I've gotten out of the game has been the breeding process, and the thrill of actually getting a few good horses out of it.

Since these changes, I've totally lost excitment for breeding. This was totally a situation of, "If it works, don't fix it."

I'm guessing that the Nakamoto and Szabo genesis owners were bitching that people were breeding with Z2 legendaries for $100, and that renders their male Nakas useless for studding. I get where they're coming from, but in general the free market will take care of the true value of studs in the game.

It's kinda like when I go browse Stubhub for Dodgers tickets. In general, the free market sets the price, and most people pay market prices. However, diligent buyers like me can also snag some excellent deals, and lowball sellers who just want to do hassle-free liquidation know they can do it super easily. So the system works great. Zed just take a page from that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, a dude put out a video today giving a tip for saving on breeding fees if you're breeding in house. It's too much of a pain in the ass if you only have a few horses, but his plan will save a little money for frequent in-stable breeders.

Basically he's saying to do this:

1) Make a second ZED stable, preferably with Metamask on a different browser

2) Ship studding horse to new stable. Put him up for stud for 7 days, which will net you 56% of the studding fee.

3) Go back to first stable and mate with him

4) Instead of getting 35% BACK for in-stable breeding, you will get 56%

5) Ship studding horse back to first stable in a week when his stud duties are over

Pretty good idea, actually, especially now with the higher fees.

Load Metric
    BTW, a dude put out a video today giving a tip for saving on breeding fees if you're breeding in house. It's too much of a pain in the ass if you only have a few horses, but his plan will save a little money for frequent in-stable breeders.

Basically he's saying to do this:

1) Make a second ZED stable, preferably with Metamask on a different browser

2) Ship studding horse to new stable. Put him up for stud for 7 days, which will net you 56% of the studding fee.

3) Go back to first stable and mate with him

4) Instead of getting 35% BACK for in-stable breeding, you will get 56%

5) Ship studding horse back to first stable in a week when his stud duties are over

Pretty good idea, actually, especially now with the higher fees.
    Is multi accounting legal?

I mean it is basically like getting some rake back it’s not that egregious unless they outlaw it?

Comments

garrett: lolz and its gambling so every angle, collude, bot, will be tried and used if allowed, and hopefully not or game on

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like multiaccounting is ok there. For now.

BTW, some major changes rolled out today. Some of them you won't be able to experience until they fix things, because racing is fucked big time at the moment.

They've replaced odds with "fire". If your horse is projected to be top 3, it will get a flame next to it. If not, it won't. Odds are no longer provided. Note the distinction -- odds were to win, and fire means you're likely to show (finish 1st-3rd).

On hawku.com, you can see fire for prior races, as well, which also have odds. This will give you a good idea of how fire compares with odds. Interestingly, sometimes my horses had fire with 15 odds to win, and other times I saw horses with odds of 8.6 without fire (in the same race!)

You can also see what lengths you're getting fire (by percentage), and what classes. Actually pretty useful.

Not surprisingly, my three top horses -- Flying Stupidity, Ptarmigan, and Catfish -- all have over 50% fire, and the rest are nowhere close. Flying is also my best horse by far, apparently. He was getting consistent fire at classes 2-5 (still 84% fire at class 3), before crashing to 17% fire at class 1. He's just not a class 1 horse -- at least not until they redo the class system, which is sorely needed.

Catfish seems to be my second best, but he only performs well at 1000-1400, especially 1000-1200. Then it's a huge dropoff. Ptarmigan seems to struggle at Class 3, with fire only 31% of the time, after doing well in Class 4-5.

The second major change involves racing itself. They've implemented fatigue, according to CS rep Jay. It's not clear exactly how fatigue works, but last I heard, they were going to degrade your horse's performance after one race per day. We will see if this slows down some of the super horses, and makes it easier to compete for everyone else. But beware if you want to try to race more than once per day. If you do, make sure the more expensive race is first. Also, I wonder if fatigue will be used to exploit the class system. I bet it will.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, two other big changes.

Races will be scheduled within 10 minutes of filling up (though the one free race I got into today is taking 4 hours, soooo....)

You can only enter one race at a time, instead of 3.

Thread Information