Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Zed Run Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

yeah guys stick with it, keep the dream alive, and if everything goes well, this will totally be another topshot.
    Sonatine when I get my genesis horsey

Worth probably 800 dollars plus on the secondary market. You'll get how we aren't overly interested in ones opinion here.

Load Metric
    the zed discord is just full of tourists pissed off that they couldn’t make a quick 5x

I’d stay away, it’s toxic

Zed will be fine
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update, posted just now: https://community.zed.run/2021/06/14...l-news-update/

Cliffs:

- The "ECHO Drop", which was a failure last week, will be postponed indefinitely.

- The drop failed for the reason I guessed -- that the server and browsers had too many connections going, causing extreme load on both sides.

- They're giving away 6000 free Z8-Z10 horses in a July 1st "special drop". However, it is rigged to where empty stables will get 91.67% of the horses, and most of the remainder will go to those currently with 1-4 horses.

- Breeding isn't coming back for another month, at minimum.

Bad news, honestly. People are losing patience, and with breeding at least a month away, this is going to sap enthusiasm even further. Also, stables with 1 horse get fucked here, because they will only get a few % of the free horses awarded, so this hardly makes up for the fail of the last drop.

I can't see the community reacting well to this blog.

Here are the Aussies responsible for this brilliant invention, plus the bizarre string of failures and inconsistent communications:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Cliffs:

- The "ECHO Drop", which was a failure last week, will be postponed indefinitely.

- The drop failed for the reason I guessed -- that the server and browsers had too many connections going, causing extreme load on both sides.

- They're giving away 6000 free Z8-Z10 horses in a July 1st "special drop". However, it is rigged to where empty stables will get 91.67% of the horses, and most of the remainder will go to those currently with 1-4 horses.

Bad news, honestly. People are losing patience, and with breeding at least a month away, this is going to sap enthusiasm even further. Also, stables with 1 horse get fucked here, because they will only get a few % of the free horses awarded, so this hardly makes up for the fail of the last drop.

Here are the Aussies responsible for this brilliant invention, plus the bizarre string of failures and inconsistent communications:

Is it worth signing up now and keep an empty stable just for this free rigged draw?

Load Metric
    lol I just saw Druffs tweet to Zed, #Fail

MrTickle I'm pretty sure you had to be in this failed Echo Drop to have a chance at one of these 1Milly Z8-Z10 horses. But honestly while im following it im not totally understanding of how this whole thing will play out, post failed drop now. Had a Wave 4 in the failed Echo Drop spot, and do have an empty stable as well so im assuming i should get one of these genesis z8-z10 horses, but IDK to be honest. At this point and moving forward I just hope things go a little smoother now. Had a Wave 4 Echo drop spot, and do have Weth in my Zed account so from reading that news, im assuming ill be getting a Z8-Z10 genesis horse on July 1 now, hopefully after all of this things begin to smooth out moving forward now.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I got a horse in a drop a couple months ago and bought another in the secondary. For the brief period breeding was on a couple months ago, I started paying stud fees like crazy and got 4 more horses that way. The genesis horses that are unraced flip for good profits on Open sea. If you start racing a lot and they turn out to be a poor racer then the become pretty worthless on open sea. Breeding gave some hope that a poor racer could have a chance to have offspring that are good racers.

Top Shot peaked too quickly. While prices have come down quite a bit, the market is bouncing a little. I paid $2,000 for a Lebron moment 30 days ago and its now selling for $4,500.

Comments

WillieMcFML: Zed family rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The MILLION DOLLAR DROP is open to anyone who has a stable and attempted to participate in the ECHO DROP on Thursday, 10th June 2021. The pool of eligible users is based from our data of stables who attempted to log into the Marketplace on the day of the ECHO DROP to try and purchase a Genesis racehorse.
    So if you don't have a stable yet, or if you didn't "attempt to log into the marketplace" on the day of the last drop (whatever that means), don't bother. You won't be eligible unless you were trying to pahticipate in the last one.

Even if you qualify, don't expect your free horse just yet. First off, if you don't have an empty stable, you probably won't get one.

Second, even if you do, there will likely be far more people in the pool than horses to give away.

I don't understand what they're doing. They should immediately set up a new drop, with a queue system. There should be a separate queue for each Z type, from 1-10, and people can pahticipate in all ten if they want, but can only buy 1 horse total, or maybe 2. Open this up only to people who failed to get horses on the ECHO drop.

It's outrageous that they think a giveaway will solve all their woes, while basically admitting they're shutting everything down regarding drops and breeding for the next month or more.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The last drop where they gave a link for your wave and basically said, we trust no one will share it but ultimately people shared links to all waves and got horses. I lost interest after that fail.

The top shot queue is the only way for them to drop with this much demand imo.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    The last drop where they gave a link for your wave and basically said, we trust no one will share it but ultimately people shared links to all waves and got horses. I lost interest after that fail.

The top shot queue is the only way for them to drop with this much demand imo.
    Yeah, total boneheaded move. I don't know how they thought that would work out.

Coachella's contracted ticket vendor made a similar mistake some years ago, but at least they were just a ticket vendor and those tickets weren't essential to the operation of the service itself.

They need to fire whomever is managing this entire process (including the communications), and replace them. I think they're doing too much in-house, and don't have any expert operations guys in the mix. If everyone in management at your company has similar strenghts and weaknesses, failure is imminent.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Top shot had lots of fails earlier in the year but they mostly worked them out.

I moved into other NFTs. My favorite right now is "Bored Ape Yacht Club". Paid 0.5 ETH a month ago and they trade for 1.5ETH+

Load Metric
    Hopefully post Echo Drop fail now they realize there is serious interest growing in this now and so moving forward they make the right, and good adjustment's from here on out now.

Also thinking strategically, and im torn on this because IDK obviously but is an unraced Genesis Horse more +EV long-run, or down the road. If you never Race it just because its a Genesis Horse. Im not sure if there's any actual better Value in never racing the horse, with the intent to later on sell it with no record. If you race it and it sucks, and it is LOL algorithms so any horse can likely be great or terrible of course. But before it races, and loses some say is it worth more unraced.

Any input on this would be appreciated

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jordan Morgan coming hard at Zed Run.

https://twitter.com/jordanPmorgan/status/1404438608040300554

He's right though.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Hopefully post Echo Drop fail now they realize there is serious interest growing in this now and so moving forward they make the right, and good adjustment's from here on out now.

Also thinking strategically, and im torn on this because IDK obviously but is an unraced Genesis Horse more +EV long-run, or down the road. If you never Race it just because its a Genesis Horse. Im not sure if there's any actual better Value in never racing the horse, with the intent to later on sell it with no record. If you race it and it sucks, and it is LOL algorithms so any horse can likely be great or terrible of course. But before it races, and loses some say is it worth more unraced.

Any input on this would be appreciated
    I think its all a guess at this point. There's been talk they will introduce other variables such as: fatigue, post position preference. My strategy has been to race. If you have a good racing male, you can profit of the racing and future breeding.

https://knowyourhorses.com/ is a great site to see if you have a winning racer or just glue.

Load Metric
    As far as the value of a horse it goes like this:

Proven racer —-> unraced —-> poor racer

Even poor racers will sell for a profit because poor racers can still breed good ones

I really got fucked in this whole special drop because in the last drop i first went after a horse for PLOP because he couldn’t get his account setup, and by the time I got his it was sold out and I couldn’t get one for myself

so now I have exactly one horse in my stable that isn’t even mind so I’ll likely get nothing from the “special” drop
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 06-16-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric

Cliffs:

They only look 80% as douchebaggy as I expected. Maybe because they're Australian.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Cliffs:

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

yeah guys stick with it, keep the dream alive, and if everything goes well, this will totally be another topshot.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    if you’ve only ever bought packs from top shot you made money

if you’ve only bought horses from drops you’ve made money

it’s that easy

BUT, zed still has such demand that you can make money several different ways

I bought a z31 exclusive for $150, and sold it for $465

it had won 3 races in over 150 tries

I’m going to still buy packs from top shot to immediately liquidate as long as it’s seemingly plus ev

The difference with zed… I will still likely make huge returns but I honestly don’t even care because it’s so much fun

Comments

sonatine: bernie madoffs investors felt the same way before the housing market crash.
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A bit hard to tell how old the dudes behind Zed are, but they look fairly young. Anyone know?

Maybe this isn't a perfect comparison, but I remember when Galfond started Run It Once Poker, and I noticed all of the top managers (and Galfond himself) were early 30s. There wasn't a single older adult in the room. And I felt that was a mistake. While Galfond proved he's still a monster PLO player via his "Galfond challenge", it somewhat distracted everyone from the fact that Run It Once Poker is still a huge failsite, and likely always will be. I just felt that inexperience -- both of the managerial and life variety -- was what they were badly lacking. Run It Once wasn't a bad product, but they failed at the basics, and people lost interest quickly.

I'm afraid Zed might be headed down the same road. There's no doubt they invented something cool, and there's no doubt that they got a lot of nice initial attention. However, they're still flubbing the basics, and some of these mistakes are just head-scratchers.

I'm not bearish on it just yet. If it were, I would sell my 7 horses on Opensea, pocket a nice profit for the Jew wallet, and thank Willie for the whole thing. However, it's getting hard to believe that this current crew is going to be able to manage this thing into long-term or medium-term successs. They really need a good operations manager on board, preferably one who is over 40 and good at customer communications.

Load Metric

Cliffs:

The cool kids call that edging.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    zed needs to provide some way to mine horses and sign some sort of licensing deal to get zed run machines deployed in bars around the world.

these 2 simple things would essentially launch them into the stratosphere and allow them to resolve every single one of their infrastructure issues.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information