Thread: Yasiel Puig set up in Staples Center bathroom by a lesbian looking to sue him?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yasiel Puig set up in Staples Center bathroom by a lesbian looking to sue him?

Yasiel Puig is being sued by a woman for "sexual assault", with allegations that he followed her into a Staples Center bathroom, and groped her while masturbating.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ssault-lawsuit

This dates back to 2018, and is part of the reason MLB teams stopped taking chances on him.

However, there are some bizarre elements to the case:

- The woman is a lesbian, and has a female fiancee.

- This occurred in the "Charmain's Club", an exclusive area of Staples Center, after a Lakers game. Somehow nobody else saw it occur.

- After the supposed attack, the woman texted with Puig, used "heart" emojis, and asked when he'd be back in town so they could meet up again. Both sides acknowledge this. However, the woman claims she was scared of Puig, and only texted with him just to prevent another attack.

- Puig claims that the woman set him up, willingly had sex with him, and is now suing him to make money.

Clearly we're not getting the whole story here. If Yasiel Puig follows you into a bathroom, touches you, and masturbates -- all without your consent -- do you give him your real phone number and text with him for weeks after that? And how did she know Puig in the first place? Is she claiming Puig just followed her into the bathroom as a random stranger? Also, how did Puig do this without anyone else seeing him?

I'm not saying Puig is totally innocent here.

If I had to guess, here's my best theory of what happened:

Puig was in that private club section of Staples Center, and was approached by a pretty girl, whom he believed was interested in him. However, being an engaged lesbian, she only saw dollar signs, and figured she'd use him for money while delaying putting out as long as she could. When she got up to go to the bathroom (which was probably not busy because it was in a private section or something), Puig decided to make his move. He followed her to the bathroom, groped her, and jerked off, and she just sat there quietly because she didn't want to derail the gravy train. Then she probably made some excuse about feeling guilty about her fiancee, gave her phone #, and left the bathroom.

Puig then kept texting her, and she decided to try to milk him for gifts while not actually putting out. However, Puig started to get more aggressive in his texts, pushing her to fuck him and not tell her fiancee. Finally she decided the jig was up, tried to tell Puig it wasn't ever going to happen, and he threatened to reveal to her fiancee what they had already done in that bathroom. Later, the girl decided to sue him and at least get something out of it.

Anyway, none of this looks right to me. Maybe the whole story will eventually come out, and we'll see how close my guess was.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah looks likely this whole thing was a big setup, and Puig was innocent, except of stupidity.

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/1382090110380904450

Comments

splitthis: He DINDU NUFFIN

Load Metric
    What I find humorous about the Gringo attorney's release was the Quote attributed to Yasiel Puig on Page 3. Yasiel doesn't speak like that. In fact, his English is about as good as you would expect of someone who was born and grew up in Cuba and came to this country to play baseball because some agent saw $$$$$$. He didn't have the benefit of being born and raised here like my family who speak and write English without accents and with proper grammar. I'm sure he spoke in Spanish with a law clerk or associate who then translated it for the attorneys who cleaned it up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    What I find humorous about the Gringo attorney's release was the Quote attributed to Yasiel Puig on Page 3. Yasiel doesn't speak like that. In fact, his English is about as good as you would expect of someone who was born and grew up in Cuba and came to this country to play baseball because some agent saw $$$$$$. He didn't have the benefit of being born and raised here like my family who speak and write English without accents and with proper grammar. I'm sure he spoke in Spanish with a law clerk or associate who then translated it for the attorneys who cleaned it up.
    so are you saying they WHITE WASHED THIS GUY?

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    so are you saying they WHITE WASHED THIS GUY?

You know, they could take a line from CNN and call it a "mostly consensual" encounter

Comments

dwai: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I kinda want to know if the lesbian fiancee was in on this. Like, was the agreement that it's okay if her soon-to-be-wife gets groped by Yasiel Puig, as long as they cash in on the whole thing?

What a bizarre story.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I stopped following Puig's career after he left the Dodgers. I assumed he just sucked the last couple of years and washed out of the league. I looked at his 2019 stats and they are actually respectable, although him losing all his power when he went to the Indians in the middle of 2019 was weird (maybe he stopped juicing?).

Looks like maybe the league really did decide to blackball him despite the fact he could still play because of this or some other reason.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I stopped following Puig's career after he left the Dodgers. I assumed he just sucked the last couple of years and washed out of the league. I looked at his 2019 stats and they are actually respectable, although him losing all his power when he went to the Indians in the middle of 2019 was weird (maybe he stopped juicing?).

Looks like maybe the league really did decide to blackball him despite the fact he could still play because of this or some other reason.
    It’s strange. I’d guess it’s some combination of black ball, lifestyle, being 30 now. I think he’d certainly be in the game if he wasn’t also a headache. It’s just always something with him. Driving 120. Getting himself into this type of spot.

He’s left a ton of money on the table. Up young, and 5 tool player. The Dodgers had him on fair deal for 7/42. Signed a few one off deals. Obviously a lot of money, but appeared a $200 million player early on.

I had high hopes for Indians. Not that he’d be Mookie Betts or anything, but a team where every player speaks English as second language and just heavily Latino. Thought he’d have a good year and rehab value. He had his moments, but was just meh.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Friend of mine got Puigs autograph at spring training years ago....

Said Puig would only sign for hot women, wouldn’t sign for his kid no matter what.

After a few days Puig finally relented after being chastised by an old black security guard who basically guilted him into signing.

What a hero.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

He settled with her for $100k.

Dumb. Presumably this was because no MLB teams were touching him with this looming, and this was an attempt to end the whole thing and make teams more willing to give him another shot.

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/1454241719734603776

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/1454241721441681416

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/1454241723190689792

https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/1454241725019394059

However, this was a very

He has now paid out a settlement for unwanted sexual touching in a bathroom, and that will be the narrative teams see. This is especially true because Puig was already known to be a clubhouse headache, plus he is now over 30 and hadn't been playing well when he was last in baseball.

His only shot here was to vigorously and publicly deny this (as it looked like he was starting to do), and then hoping some team would see through this obvious set-up and give him a shot.

I don't see any team signing him at this point. There will always be the question of, "If he didn't assault that woman in Staples, why did he pay her $100k plus $150k attorneys fees?"

Load Metric
    It's weird how certain guys can fade these, Derrick Rose being a prime example.

Guy was charged with Cosby style gang rape, admitted to not knowing what consent was, basically quit on the Bulls and is a shell of himself....and now beloved as a redemption story almost universally.

Puig will not be afforded the same treatment. Them's the breaks.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    It's weird how certain guys can fade these, Derrick Rose being a prime example.

Guy was charged with Cosby style gang rape, admitted to not knowing what consent was, basically quit on the Bulls and is a shell of himself....and now beloved as a redemption story almost universally.

Puig will not be afforded the same treatment. Them's the breaks.
    If he was 25 there would be plenty of time for a redemption story. But he is in his 30s and not really playing well, so probably not.

Unless he has some history of supporting the Republican Party or Trump I am not aware of, I actually dont think the left would make too big a deal if a team took a shot on him. But like Druff said he was a problem to begin with, and this is one more big thing on top of everything else, and he kind of sucks now, so it is what it is.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    However, this was a very

He has now paid out a settlement for unwanted sexual touching in a bathroom, and that will be the narrative teams see. This is especially true because Puig was already known to be a clubhouse headache, plus he is now over 30 and hadn't been playing well when he was last in baseball.

His only shot here was to vigorously and publicly deny this (as it looked like he was starting to do), and then hoping some team would see through this obvious set-up and give him a shot.

I don't see any team signing him at this point. There will always be the question of, "If he didn't assault that woman in Staples, why did he pay her $100k plus $150k attorneys fees?"
    Meh. I think everyone knows this was a setup. Noone is asking themself why he paid for everything. My 10 year old son could comprehend what happened and why he paid. So could yours. I think you give people WAY too much credit they are sincere in their outrage and actually raised by wolves, instead of just pretending they were raised by wolves.

And he isn't white or right wing, so I think he could slide back onto a team without any major issues if he could actually still play baseball, which I dont really know.
    Last edited by Kalam; 10-29-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Load Metric
    Listening to the show live last night I think Druff hit the nail on the head.. Somebody in a team management position maybe more then one basically told him to make the shit go away if he wanted to play again..

Thread Information