Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propaganda in our schools

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey Duff, what's your memory from early school years? Specially, what were you taught regarding the near annihilation of Native Americans and the true story of slavery, including innumerable murders committed by white “owners”

But you’re concerned are you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    lol republicans, no problem with idiots spouting off in schools about creationism and denying climate change, but one mention of calling out their white supremacy bullshit and all of the sudden they are up in arms
    Druff is right, teaching trendy theories in school is wrong.

You're right as well; I grew in a system where sex education was abstinence only and optional, because Jesus.

Evolution was presented with a million caveats and a chaplain came into my science class to basically refute in, in total garb.
    I’m wondering why Druff isn’t up in arms complaining about this given how this is likely how those subjects are handled in countless red-state schools.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Druff is right, teaching trendy theories in school is wrong.

You're right as well; I grew in a system where sex education was abstinence only and optional, because Jesus.

Evolution was presented with a million caveats and a chaplain came into my science class to basically refute in, in total garb.
    I’m wondering why Druff isn’t up in arms complaining about this given how this is likely how those subjects are handled in countless red-state schools.
    I don't know of any public schools in 2021 where evolution isn't taught. If there are any, they're few and far between. We don't have to worry about an epidemic breaking out of creationism suddenly being taught in the public schools.

If creationism is taught at religious private schools, clearly the parents signed up for that and wanted it.

However, critical race theory is indeed being taught in schools, and is both trendy and on the rise. This idea is no longer fringe. Many Democrats support teaching such theories in the classroom, believing that any teachings which supposedly "combat hate" and "fight racism" are appropraite for schools, even if they're teaching controversial political opinion as fact.

It's incredibly foolish to believe that, if left unchecked, this won't spread into a lot of public school systems in the US. Most of these schools are run by Democrats, so what's to stop it from happening?

DeSantis did the right thing. Rather than allowing some left-wing local administrators add this to curriculums in bluer areas of his state, he just outlawed the entire thing before it can even get started.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are wholly ignorant of what is still going on in many K-12 schools in the US regarding how or even if evolution is taught!

Load Metric

I don't know of any public schools in 2021 where evolution isn't taught. If there are any, they're few and far between. We don't have to worry about an epidemic breaking out of creationism suddenly being taught in the public schools.

If creationism is taught at religious private schools, clearly the parents signed up for that and wanted it.
    First, you are entirely wrong that religious private schools should not be teaching creationism as part of their science curriculum. Because regardless of whether a K-12 school in the US is public or private, their science curriculum is supposed to be sactioned by the state education standards. And any state that still allows the teaching of creationism/intelligent design as a comparable scientific alternative to the theory of evolution is NOT supporting the teaching of science to his youth.

Second, there are still many K-12 schools in the US that are still teaching religious popcockery alongside evolution, as well as NOT teaching evolution at all, as this research paper published just last year documents.

Teaching evolution in U.S. public schools: a continuing challenge
    https://evolution-outreach.biomedcen...52-020-00126-8

Here’s a result that shows the persistence of that misinformation being passed off as science in many US schools.

Table 3 shows that fewer teachers report discussing creationism and intelligent design in high school biology classes, down from 23 to 14% (the 95% margin of error for each percentage, accounting for design effects, is under ± 3%).
    And here’s a chart summarizing more results.

Name:  9C146261-05FE-4C17-816C-D29FC7EB2071.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  183.0 KB

That’s right, folks. About 13% of high schools in the US are AVOIDING teaching evolution in their mandatory-for-graduation biology classes, while another roughly 20% are either sending mixed messages about the scientific validity of evolution or flat out teach creationism along side it as science!

So, on again, Druff, you have used your personal anecdotal evidence to explain how something that is truly corrosive to a proper secondary education in the US supposedly “doesn’t happen” because you don’t want to call out the idiocy of the religious nutcases on the right who promote and support it.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

First, you are entirely wrong that religious private schools should not be teaching creationism as part of their science curriculum. Because regardless of whether a K-12 school in the US is public or private, their science curriculum is supposed to be sactioned by the state education standards. And any state that still allows the teaching of creationism/intelligent design as a comparable scientific alternative to the theory of evolution is NOT supporting the teaching of science to his youth.

Second, there are still many K-12 schools in the US that are still teaching religious popcockery alongside evolution, as well as NOT teaching evolution at all, as this research paper published just last year documents.

Teaching evolution in U.S. public schools: a continuing challenge
    https://evolution-outreach.biomedcen...52-020-00126-8

Here’s a result that shows the persistence of that misinformation being passed off as science in many US schools.

Table 3 shows that fewer teachers report discussing creationism and intelligent design in high school biology classes, down from 23 to 14% (the 95% margin of error for each percentage, accounting for design effects, is under ± 3%).
    And here’s a chart summarizing more results.

Name:  9C146261-05FE-4C17-816C-D29FC7EB2071.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  183.0 KB

That’s right, folks. About 13% of high schools in the US are AVOIDING teaching evolution in their mandatory-for-graduation biology classes, while another roughly 20% are either sending mixed messages about the scientific validity of evolution or flat out teach creationism along side it as science!

So, on again, Druff, you have used your personal anecdotal evidence to explain how something that is truly corrosive to a proper secondary education in the US supposedly “doesn’t happen” because you don’t want to call out the idiocy of the religious nutcases on the right who promote and support it.
    your party wants to cut male kid's genitals off and pump girls with testosterone.

you don't get to call anyone nutcases

Gold
    Load Metric
    Mumbles knows more than GO* because he read a book! Take a look at this guy, SMH!

Load Metric

These are all hallmarks of fascism -- far moreso than a few hundred hicks and morons storming the Capitol building.
    nigga what?

Thread Information