Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propaganda in our schools

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Propaganda in our schools

Interesting essay by Paul Rossi, a teacher at Grace Church High School in Manhattan, a high-end private school: https://nypost.com/2021/04/13/nyc-te...l-race-theory/

Basically the school indoctrinates teachers with the controversial "critical race theory" (which essentially blames racism for all problems in the US), and teachers are in turn told to indoctrinate children. Dissent from these teachings is not allowed -- either by the students or the faculty. Anyone who disagrees is "coached" and "taught" to go along with the narrative, until they relent.

Before you say, "Well, it's a private school, they can do whatever they want", be aware that the same is occurring at many public schools across the nation.

They're not just teaching critical race theory -- they're requiring an unquestioning adherence to it. The same is being required at many corporations. That's the reason Trump made it illegal for companies receiving federal funding to require critical race theory courses, only to have Biden immediately roll that back (lol).

Diversity of thought is not allowed anymore. You are required to see the world exactly the way you're told, and you're an evil human being if you question it. In fact, those who publicly question it run the risk of being cancelled and unemployable going forward.

These are all hallmarks of fascism -- far moreso than a few hundred hicks and morons storming the Capitol building.

The mainstream news media now acts as a propaganda arm for one political party. Alternative news sources are censored and/or discredited via further propaganda. Books are being banned by the biggest booksellers. Spineless corporations, eager for the path of least resistance, have learned to repeat the extreme messaging by the media, or suffer intense financial consequences.

Sadly, many liberals who would have found this behavior abhorrent twenty years ago have gone silent.

"The narrative from the right is dangerous and misleading, so it must be silenced", some of them say.

"The truth is left-biased. The mainstream media is simply reporting truth that the right can't handle", others claim.

"It's the free market at work. If corporations take a particular political position or don't want to hire certain people because of things they've said, that's they're right", some will claim.

"It's not censorship if the state isn't doing it," say some liberals in denial.

History is filled with fascist regimes which rose to power in the exact same fashion, yet somehow this one is "different", and this time it's supposedly righteous to engage in media censorship and public punishment of dissenters.

Even on PFA, many approve of shit like this. Even others deny it's happening, or make excuses for why it's not that bad.

Any decent human who loves true freedom needs to stand up and speak out against this shit, or we haven't learned a thing.

Load Metric
    Sometimes kinda glad that I don't have kids...

These lol 'issues' don't exist in my world, not a Parent so just noise to me actually =)

Load Metric
    are American kids still indoctrinated with the pledge of allegiance every morning?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    are American kids still indoctrinated with the pledge of allegiance every morning?
    No I think that has mostly been removed from the every morning happenings now, or in most States. i'm 42 now so going to school in America for me always started with the morning announcement's and pledge of allegiance (LOL ohh to be young again) but now they removed it. Which in some ways to me, is actually kind of un-American really. That is just how it was, and in American school systems when I grew up, the Pledge of Allegiance was just a normal. And when Fundamental normals and things begin getting changed, that's when im a little like, ohh o.k. maybe that is a little too far, or much....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's not indoctrination. Most of them don't even understand what they're saying, and just see it as a required thing they have to do every morning. That's how I saw it growing up.

This is a full-on propaganda movement with required thought compliance.

As a longtime believer in free speech, it has been especially upsetting to hear/read the justifications for censorship of alternative viewpoints, and the societal-level punishments handed down for respectfully dissenting opinions.

It's also very eye opening regarding how other populations have been manipulated into believing that censorship and thought policing was acceptable in civilized society. Reading the history books (and even the current news about other countries), I always wondered how that came to be. Now I'm living it.

It's like everyone on the left is just discovering that misinformation is a side-effect of complete freedom of speech, yet aren't realizing that this side-effect is much less dangerous than censorship and ideological intolerance. The more speech is suppressed and the more the media is sympathetic to one side, the less freedom and democracy thrives. It's always been that way since the beginning of civilized society, and it's no different today.

Many arrogant minds on the left reason that they can do censorship "correctly", and therefore it's a positive. Ideological suppression is never a positive for society.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's not indoctrination. Most of them don't even understand what they're saying, and just see it as a required thing they have to do every morning. That's how I saw it growing up.

This is a full-on propaganda movement with required thought compliance.

As a longtime believer in free speech, it has been especially upsetting to hear/read the justifications for censorship of alternative viewpoints, and the societal-level punishments handed down for respectfully dissenting opinions.

It's also very eye opening regarding how other populations have been manipulated into believing that censorship and thought policing was acceptable in civilized society. Reading the history books (and even the current news about other countries), I always wondered how that came to be. Now I'm living it.

It's like everyone on the left is just discovering that misinformation is a side-effect of complete freedom of speech, yet aren't realizing that this side-effect is much less dangerous than censorship and ideological intolerance. The more speech is suppressed and the more the media is sympathetic to one side, the less freedom and democracy thrives. It's always been that way since the beginning of civilized society, and it's no different today.

Many arrogant minds on the left reason that they can do censorship "correctly", and therefore it's a positive. Ideological suppression is never a positive for society.

Couldnt help but think of this guy when I just read that lmao....

Name:  ACooper.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  61.7 KB

Comments

dwai: lol

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    No I think that has mostly been removed from the every morning happenings now, or in most States. i'm 42 now so going to school in America for me always started with the morning announcement's and pledge of allegiance (LOL ohh to be young again) but now they removed it. Which in some ways to me, is actually kind of un-American really. That is just how it was, and in American school systems when I grew up, the Pledge of Allegiance was just a normal. And when Fundamental normals and things begin getting changed, that's when im a little like, ohh o.k. maybe that is a little too far, or much....
    So you don’t have kids, have no idea, but yet speak as if you do on the matter.

My 2nd grader recites it every morning; even when doing virtual school.

Comments

garrett: Was Uncle at 13 lots of nieces nephews, big family lol..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fortunately Ben has not been taught any of this propaganda... yet.

If he does, I will object to it, though I know many other parents who would, as well. I'm not the type who freaks out about what is taught in the schools, but I would definitely draw the line at any kind of thought policing regarding controversial race theory.

I'm fine with the teaching of the history of racism in this country, and a message that it's bad to treat someone differently because of their skin color. But that's where it needs to stop. None of this bullshit where any instance of black people doing worse is because of existing systemic racism.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: what exactly are you objecting to? That white people dont have privilege here? Cmon bro

dwai: offset

Load Metric
    Exactly. That's why it is such effective indoctrination.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Exactly. That's why it is such effective indoctrination.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I agree this is nonsensical.

American partisanship is going to create an ending for the country similar to War of the Roses.

Load Metric
    Did your son or daughter get fucked by their teacher?

If not, they were probably an ugly child.

Married biology teacher jailed after ‘filming sex’ with teen student

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...2d34e9d19e8de2

Load Metric
    Fortunately Ben has not been taught any of this propaganda... yet.

If he does, I will object to it, though I know many other parents who would, as well. I'm not the type who freaks out about what is taught in the schools, but I would definitely draw the line at any kind of thought policing regarding controversial race theory.

I'm fine with the teaching of the history of racism in this country, and a message that it's bad to treat someone differently because of their skin color. But that's where it needs to stop. None of this bullshit where any instance of black people doing worse is because of existing systemic racism.
    I hope you stand firm on this issue and protect Ben from the BS. Sounds like it’s hard to avoid, but hope it’s possible.

Load Metric
    Interesting essay by Paul Rossi, a teacher at Grace Church High School in Manhattan, a high-end private school: https://nypost.com/2021/04/13/nyc-te...l-race-theory/

Basically the school indoctrinates teachers with the controversial "critical race theory" (which essentially blames racism for all problems in the US), and teachers are in turn told to indoctrinate children. Dissent from these teachings is not allowed -- either by the students or the faculty. Anyone who disagrees is "coached" and "taught" to go along with the narrative, until they relent.

Before you say, "Well, it's a private school, they can do whatever they want", be aware that the same is occurring at many public schools across the nation.

They're not just teaching critical race theory -- they're requiring an unquestioning adherence to it. The same is being required at many corporations. That's the reason Trump made it illegal for companies receiving federal funding to require critical race theory courses, only to have Biden immediately roll that back (lol).

Diversity of thought is not allowed anymore. You are required to see the world exactly the way you're told, and you're an evil human being if you question it. In fact, those who publicly question it run the risk of being cancelled and unemployable going forward.

These are all hallmarks of fascism -- far moreso than a few hundred hicks and morons storming the Capitol building.

The mainstream news media now acts as a propaganda arm for one political party. Alternative news sources are censored and/or discredited via further propaganda. Books are being banned by the biggest booksellers. Spineless corporations, eager for the path of least resistance, have learned to repeat the extreme messaging by the media, or suffer intense financial consequences.

Sadly, many liberals who would have found this behavior abhorrent twenty years ago have gone silent.

"The narrative from the right is dangerous and misleading, so it must be silenced", some of them say.

"The truth is left-biased. The mainstream media is simply reporting truth that the right can't handle", others claim.

"It's the free market at work. If corporations take a particular political position or don't want to hire certain people because of things they've said, that's they're right", some will claim.

"It's not censorship if the state isn't doing it," say some liberals in denial.

History is filled with fascist regimes which rose to power in the exact same fashion, yet somehow this one is "different", and this time it's supposedly righteous to engage in media censorship and public punishment of dissenters.

Even on PFA, many approve of shit like this. Even others deny it's happening, or make excuses for why it's not that bad.

Any decent human who loves true freedom needs to stand up and speak out against this shit, or we haven't learned a thing.
    BCR at head of line in support of this shit. I hear it’s the daily pledge at the traitor site lolz.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Druff- I thought of this Megyn Kelly with Bill Maher interview on Race in Education that I watched a couple months back. You'll like this.

Comments

IamGreek:
    PFA POY once

Load Metric
    lol republicans, no problem with idiots spouting off in schools about creationism and denying climate change, but one mention of calling out their white supremacy bullshit and all of the sudden they are up in arms

Comments

Walter Sobchak: good point

Load Metric
    Indoctrination is inevitable. The question is, and will remain, whose doctrine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    lol republicans, no problem with idiots spouting off in schools about creationism and denying climate change, but one mention of calling out their white supremacy bullshit and all of the sudden they are up in arms
    Druff is right, teaching trendy theories in school is wrong.

You're right as well; I grew in a system where sex education was abstinence only and optional, because Jesus.

Evolution was presented with a million caveats and a chaplain came into my science class to basically refute in, in total garb.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In Texas my kids get the joy of pledging allegiance to both the US and TX flags

Stupid as shit...how can I have allegiance to both...I tell them fuck that TX flag allegiance, it’s almost exactly the same as the US one.

Every time they start spouting it at a function I sit down....I am Colin Kaepernick light.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Here is the TX pledge in case you thought this state couldn’t be dumber...

Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Yuck.

Thread Information