Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** We Must End Civil Forfeiture (legalized government stealing) Thread

Load Metric
    Sharp lawyer put TSA in the lawsuit. Got all the money back plus damages.

POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    The sheriff of a Texas county about 100 miles north of the Mexico border has been arrested for a pattern of illegally seizing cash from illegal immigrants who had been stopped for traffic violations before getting turned over to Border Patrol.

P.S. He was arrested by the Texas Rangers, and a truck was also stolen by that sheriff’s department.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    These civil asset forfeiture cases should be high profile. They involve seven figures in cash, an armored car company and marijuana companies.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...K0HgYDa0UODOKg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    A California sheriff’s office deputies are stopping armored cars carrying cash for legitimate California marijuana shops and seizing the cash, totaling about $1 million todate.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

"He (Neil Young) is probably the most self-centered, self-obsessed, selfish person I know."
    David Crosby

"You go to a supermarket and see a fag. You don't want him handling your potatoes."
    Neil Young

Neil Young spreads misinformation on GMOs. Health experts respond to Neil Young stance on GMOs after anti-science hit on Joe Rogan:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/health...ence-joe-rogan

Neil Young is all for free speech. As long as it is his speech.

Comments

The Boz:

Load Metric
    Possible change coming in Nevada? I’ll believe it when I see it based on the money involved as shown here.

https://mynews4.com/news/local/a-pus...-man-penniless

Load Metric
    Michigan just passed laws that reversed previous rollback of civil asset forfeirture to again allow this corrupt practice at airports, includings both cash and non-cash assets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I see your “fraudulent civil asset forfeiture” and raise an “illegal FBI seizure of millions of dollars worth of contents of hundrers of rented safe deposit boxes”.

Initial video about a month ago:

Update:
    Super disturbing update.

Even more disturbing follow-up that proves that the FBI intended to seize the property in the boxes regardless of who the owners of the boxes in order to create a ”honey pot” for that FBI office, which was NOT indicated on the search warrant submitted to the judge who authorized it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case you don't want to watch that video, here's a description of the situation in written form: https://ij.org/press-release/lawsuit...s-with-crimes/

The boxholders are being represented by the Institute of Justice, a nonprofit legal group which represents victims of civil forfeiture (and other government abuses) for free.

IJ is a great organization, and has defended many people's rights.

In this particular case, the FBI was using Beverly Hills based "US Private Vaults", a private safe deposit box company, as a form of a honeypot to find lawbreakers. It appears that the government was doing this without the cooperation of the business' ownership, but was likely engaging in some kind of surveillance to identify who was using the business' services. This occurred between 2015 and 2020.

However, in 2020, the government determined that this method was not efficient, and they decided just to directly go after the boxes themselves via search and seizure. However, it was unlikely to get a warrant to search the contents of each box, since they did not have any proof of any crimes having taken place, and each box had a different owner. Instead, they got a warrant to search the structure of US Private Vaults, meaning they could open the boxes to possibly determine who owned each one, but stop at that point and not seize anything.

Instead, they simply seized the contents of all boxes of more than $5,000 worth of assets, which violated the warrant.

Awful.

I hope the government loses big time on this one.

Anyway, don't ever use a service like this. It's tempting to have an "off the grid" box, which doesn't require any identification and isn't reported to the government, but you are in danger of both theft (which has happened at other businesses like this) and mass seizures like this one.

Load Metric
    Some good news about a civil asset forfeiture case out of Arizona that occured last year. This was a small business owner who flew to Phoenix to buy a truck at an auction. The cops seized almost $40,000 at the time.

Comments

dwai: first good MumblesBadly post in years

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Another happy ending for a case taken by Institute of Justice (ij.org).

Great organization, and they have secured many victories for average citizens who were victims of civil forfeiture, and they do it all for free.

Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix is unfortunately a frequent target by local police wanting to seize cash.

Load Metric
    Steve Lehto’s latest vid on civil asset forfeiture.

Load Metric
    The latest shameful case of overzealous LEO in the US abusing civil asset forfeiture.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Looks like Atlanta airport is the newest civil forfeiture target: https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-t...security-check

If you're traveling from Atlanta airport, or flying into it via international travel, try to avoid carrying more than $2000 cash. They seem to be mostly targeting black people, but this could happen to anyone, so avoid bringing cash through that airport no matter what. It should be okay if you are just landing there on a domestic flight, or if you're just changing planes without having to go through customs or security.

Load Metric
    BUMP

Looks like Atlanta airport is the newest civil forfeiture target: https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-t...security-check

If you're traveling from Atlanta airport, or flying into it via international travel, try to avoid carrying more than $2000 cash. They seem to be mostly targeting black people, but this could happen to anyone, so avoid bringing cash through that airport no matter what. It should be okay if you are just landing there on a domestic flight, or if you're just changing planes without having to go through customs or security.
    The only way to stop this civil asset forfeiture is to treat it like SLAPP in otherwords if the Feds seize your money and you win your case they have to pay for the legal fees on top of the funds stolen under threat of law. But I wouldnt hold my breath the law is changed anytime soon

Thread Information